Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA Shooting

duckman45sa

Welcome to a sport that will take all your money and spare time and leave you with nothing but a big grin on your face. :)

We're glad to have you join this community. You'll be awed by the people and knowledge present on this forum.

Welcome from another Alabama shooter. That's a good group over your way, and they've been having really good matches.

FYI - I'm a lifelong hunter, and I try to make time for both during hunting season. When season isn't open, though, shooting takes over.

Oh you poor soul. What have you done? Just go out now and buy your reloader and components now. Mark your calendar with all match dates near you so you can make at least one reliably a month. Practice dryfire whenever you can. (until you get a callus where you disengage the thumb safety unless you shoot a Glock) Make friends with as many shooters as you can so that you can buy in bulk. It starts to be like doing drug deals except IT'S LEGAL! (I have made late night runs for bullets and/or primers when I didn't keep proper track of my "stash" and needed a quick fix) Trade recipes for loads with your buddies until you find one that is "your" load. Make arrangements to travel/vacation around match dates regardless of where the wife/girlfriend wants to go. Work practice into your schedule so that you are either at the range/dryfiring/work/home sleeping and nowhere else. (Unless of course there is a gun show within 100 miles)

These are not neccessarily mine, but what I generally have heard around here and at the places I shoot. Welcome to the addiction, it has so far been a good ride for me.

Jimmy

Welcome to the sport. No need to give up any other shooting you do. They all work together. Lots of people in the sport and on this forum engage in multiple shooting sports and hunt as well. I shoot uspsa, long range practical rifle, 3gun, and hunt in the fall. All of the shooting sports help each other out in some form either mental or physical.

Enjoy, and be aware of the "I WANTS" associated with the sport. You will soon be saying to yourself "I think I want a Production gun, a Single Stack Gun, a Limited Gun, a Open gun, and oh yea, I better have a backup for each"

Enjoy, and be aware of the "I WANTS" associated with the sport. You will soon be saying to yourself "I think I want a Production gun, a Single Stack Gun, a Limited Gun, a Open gun, and oh yea, I better have a backup for each"

:roflol: That statement could not be more true! A few even add revo's to the list. :)

Welcome to the addiction! I hope to see you at a match soon. While there is nothing wrong with the "I want" list, if you are like me, you will still find yourself shooting your favorite guns (all three of them :rolleyes: ) the most.

Hurley

Welcome from another new Alabama shooter. The things folks said in the above posts are true. I have a nice revolver and limited gun that I am planning to concentrate on for at least this year. But those other thoughts creep in. Things like, " Man, those open guns sure look like fun". Gotta be strong. Enjoy your new found obsession.