Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sit or stand

wooddog

• 2 weeks later...

I'm altitude challenged so I stand :rolleyes: .

I think I get better leverage standing (SDB), and I can get closer to the press than when sitting - makes it easier to see into the cases.

Edited by kevin c

6'4", stand.

Me too. But I built my bench at navel height. It is the only bench I work at that doesn't fatigue my back. When I am woodworking I've built cheater boxes that go on the benches at work so that I'm not slouching all day. That and a pair of Red Wings, I can do either all day.

• 4 weeks later...

Sit, I do like Brian said in an earlier post. Use a bar stool with the handle at about shoulder height when it's in up position. I load in marathons, usually 2 or 3 thousand per sitting, and I could imagine my back hurting pretty bad standing the whole time...

I don't see any need to be able to look into the cases when your loading. If you are using the machine properly there will be powder going into the cases...

Craig

I have to sit! I have a back problem that I am just trying to find out about and I can only load 50 rds. before I have to go sit in a comfortable chair. That's OK cause I'm retired and have time during the winter to do it that way.

FWIW

Richard