Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your top 5 favorite sci-fi films.

sslav

The trouble with the Starship Troopers movie is that they tried blending Heinlein's book with Joe Haldeman's "The Forever War."

I'll have to re-read " The Forever War" i don't quite see where they are similar.

Of course Denise Richards makes starship troopers somewhat watchable. :cheers:

They're NOT similar, that's the problem. Should've done one or the other and stayed true to the separate themes.

Edited by gino_aki

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan 9 from Outer Space. This has to take the all time worst movie ever made.

Have to start looking at the SciFi listings, bad movies are great, great movies are OK, but rarely a belly laugh and we need more laughter more than we need more cowbell

Jim

Plan 9 from Outer Space. This has to take the all time worst movie ever made.

Have to start looking at the SciFi listings, bad movies are great, great movies are OK, but rarely a belly laugh and we need more laughter more than we need more cowbell

Jim

I think Robot Monster would give it a run for its money. TIght race though. :cheers:

Man I can't believe I forgot to put this one on my list :angry2:

Equilibrium is probably one of the best sci-fi movies of all times!

Would that reload that he does with that mag with a weighted base be IDPA legal?

In no particular order:

Them - saw it as a kid, now have the dvd. Scared the hell out of me way back when.

Terminator - minimal effects, just an unbeatable emotionless killing machine wreaking havoc.

Journey to the Center of the Earth - 50's version, I loved caves as a kid and the movie stuck with me.

Matrix - I watched it 3 times in a week to try and get it all.

Bladerunner - stuck with me at the time cuz it was what I believed a true look at the future of American cities. I have the 5 version dvd set, still like to watch them all. After looking at what LA has become, still believe it.

My list tells me that I need to get back into watching sci fi, a lot of older stuff.

for me, the movies are

1) Forbidden Planet

2) The Day the Earth Stood Still - 1951

3) The War of the Worlds - 1953

4) Omega Man

5) Silent Running

Honorable Mention

Tremors

Soylent Green

Logans Run

Worst SF movie I ever saw, starred Doug McClure, so that should give you a hint:

Humanoids from the Deep.

total schlock. Watched it at 3am with an old friend while guzzling beer. When it was over I asked, "Why didn't one of us ask, why are we watching this crap?"

for me, the movies are

1) Forbidden Planet

2) The Day the Earth Stood Still - 1951

3) The War of the Worlds - 1953

4) Omega Man

5) Silent Running

Honorable Mention

Tremors

Soylent Green

Logans Run

Worst SF movie I ever saw, starred Doug McClure, so that should give you a hint:

Humanoids from the Deep.

total schlock. Watched it at 3am with an old friend while guzzling beer. When it was over I asked, "Why didn't one of us ask, why are we watching this crap?"

C'mon, "Humanoids From The Deep" was sooo bad it was GOOD! :roflol:

1.) Blade Runner

2.) Donnie Darko, just edges out 12 Monkees in the category of "Best Delirious Time-Travel Movie." Shame the writer lost his freaking mind for the next movie.

3.) Ghost in the Shell

4.) Dark City. I caught this one in the theater knowing nothing about the plot, and didn't sleep well for several days therafter.

5.) Total Recall. There's one from out in left field, but a fantastic sci-fi epic mystery just the same.

- Chris