Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chic,

I'm not making it to the match, but as a regular here I'd like to thank you for all the info you have provided. I know that having a responsive voice for the match really helps out the shooters...especially those that have to travel.

Cheers!

Hey you guys... I've received a lot of compliments about my commitment - Well... Thank you! :-) The chocolate thing... keeps me going - kind of a jokey thing that a friend of mine started at work years ago... that I adopted. The sugar buzz keeps me goin' :-) I truly enjoy do the "stats" thing & appreciate it when you all say thanks! The match is running pretty smoothly... so far - so good. I've sent the webfile to the USPSA main website and also to our Area 2 web guy Jerry Mallard. I didn't post last night 'cause I fell asleep in front of the computer. Knock-on-wood... I haven't made a "keying" error... as we verify all entries with a verification print-out. There are 400 shooters at this match... I'll have an exact count tomorrow. There are a couple of major sponsors that haven't checked in yet.

BBQ tomorrow night... can't wait!

A2Chic :-)

p.s. I'm running out of chocolate... bring more. :-)

Hey all,

I didn't make it out today until 3:00, and didn't get to see anyone... except TGO, and only got to see him shoot one stage after waiting endlessly.

I'm gonna try to make it by lunch tomorrow, to see what kind of heat you'all brought to AZ...

be

Everybody's shooting Open because it is an even Area match in an odd year. If you look close at the WS team policy, you must shoot 2 Area matches a year, in the two years leading up to WS (03 and 04), plus one nats in those two years to get a slot on the team. If you go look at the Area match results from this year, you will probably see a trend.

Thera are 33 GM's at this match. Because there are duplicates across the divisions... in Limited - there are 24 Limited classified GMs; 22 Open classified GMs; 4 Limited-10 classified GMs; and 3 Production classified GMs.

As they are signed up to shoot:

10 Limited GM's (+1 M) = 11

17 Open GM's (+1 M) = 18

1 L-10 GM's (+1 M) = 2

0 Production GM's (+1 M; 1 U) = 2

Altogether... 33. Make sense??? Not all GMs chose to shoot their GM division.

The interim results have been posted...

A2Chic

thx for the sweets :-) B)

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd throw up a link to the Area 2 Website for the Area 2 Match.

Match Results

This is a big file, so if you are on dial-up, be patient.

Once it loads though, there are links to everything and it navigates fast.

These are interim results.

The final results will have the same link, plus I'll create a stats page.

Jerry

I can't find the results anywhere yet. I'm surprised by the high number of DQ's after Sat.s shooting. Yikes. It's a huge drag to travel a long way to a match then have that happen. Most of the DQ's I've seen are the dreaded AD during the reload variety. It happened to me once at a big match and it was definetely not fun.

Bill

benos... You had no idea I shook your hand today. It was nice to see you out at the match. Will you ever shoot the match again? It's your hometown club - thanks for showing your face.

A2Chic/AZ Stats Chic

Barbara LaMarca

Rio Salado Sportsmans Club

Treasurer

Mesa, AZ

BTW... Jake Kempton announced that the Area 2 match will again be at the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club in 2004. Cool!... Get those applications in early next year. Hope you all had a great time. It was nice to put faces w/names... See ya!

- maybe for the SMM 3G-2004? There's a new Heavy-Metal class... check it out!

www.smm3g.com

A2Chic

Pretty amazing results in OPEN.

Check out the placement of the top three finishers:

JJ Racaza TY40802

Pistol_match

2003 Area 2 Championship

11/6/2003 Rio Salado Sportsmens Club

Open, 157 competitors.

Stage Percent Place

Match 100.00 1

1 100.00 1

2 100.00 1

3 94.01 6

4 86.79 9

5 93.57 7

6 98.56 3

7 100.00 1

8 89.22 7

9 92.21 4

10 100.00 1

Four stage wins...nothing out of the top 9. No "blown stages".

Max Michel TY26022

Pistol_match

2003 Area 2 Championship

Open, 157 competitors.

Stage Percent Place

Match 99.22 2

1 87.06 5

2 96.65 3

3 96.35 4

4 100.00 1

5 100.00 1

6 98.66 2

7 87.80 5

8 95.76 2

9 96.33 3

10 93.15 2

Two 5ths and one 4th. Two stage wins. No "blown stages".

Chris* Tilley* TY38861

Pistol_match

2003 Area 2 Championship

Open, 157 competitors.

Stage Percent Place

Match 97.13 3

1 72.33 17

2 94.04 4

3 100.00 1

4 95.48 3

5 94.98 3

6 100.00 1

7 91.02 3

8 95.63 3

9 100.00 1

10 92.43 3

A 17th on Stage 1...looks like he might have skipped a target? Other than that, a 4th...the rest are top three in every stage, including 3 stage wins. Amazing.

Something like 16 Grand Masters (including TGO, JoJo, Angus, Burkett, KC, etc...) and over 25 Masters in OPEN. These three win all but one of the stages (KC won one)...and finish at the top of nearly every stage.