Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouch selection

Sarge

I searched. I read all I found. I am looking for more up to date info on mag pouches. Did the Comptac beltfeed ever catch on? It LOOKS like a good idea but does it work well for production? I seem drawn to it but I don't want to get it and then realize it was a mistake. I currently only have a double from blade tech. I am looking at adding 3 or 4 more mags while putting the double in back. Should I go with singles? Should I go with 2 comptac doubles? They appear to be much more spread out than the blade tech double.

Sorry guys I am not interested in CR speed pouches at this time. I do however use a CR Speed belt.

Thanks in advance.

I wasted the money on the belt feed. I didn't like the way it positioned the mags.

I've been through several combinations of pouches and have finally settled on the Ready Tactical Single pouches.

You can see them at CPWSA

You can put 6 of the singles in the same space you can put 4 Comp-Tacs and there are no tensioning screws to have to mess with.

Plenty of folks are using a Belt Feed (me included). It's probably more popular for Single Stack than Production, but I've seen more than a couple around. I love mine and simply slap a single or two behind it. There is NO way I can get four singles on my belt in nearly the same amount of space...they're almost to my spine at that point. The Belt feed easily cures that and I've never grabbed the wrong mag in a match. R,

I shoot the M&P as well and recently picked up 4 of the Double Alpha mag holders. I was using the CR speed before I got these. I haven't got to use them in competition yet but they seem to be working great. The only issue I've had is with the pivot screw. It tends to loosen after a while.

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth, I run a couple of comp-tac doubles on a cr speed belt and have been pretty happy with it. I have seen a guy at a club shoot with the belt feed. It didn't look like a bad setup, but I can't compare since I haven't tried it. Comp-tac customer service was really good.

I have Blade-techs, CR speeds, Safarilands, Uncle Mikes, Tactical Ready's, Blackhawk.... As for the best, opinions vary. Just pick one and practice. I prefer the inside of the kydex be really smooth and very little drag on the mag, but then again on a good day of dry fire practice I've pulled .7 sec reloads out of cheap crappy nylon Uncle Mikes double mag pouches with the snap covers removed... The only thing to avoid is leather pouches. They bind and cling like bad underware on a hot day (now there's a visual for ya).