Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whadaya need there?

I know good people there Dave and Norma Marion..owners of Custom Concealment.

Make ghillie suits there and from what they have told me the neighborhood where their business is located is not exactly the best in the world.

JK

Whadaya need there?

I know good people there Dave and Norma Marion..owners of Custom Concealment.

Make ghillie suits there and from what they have told me the neighborhood where their business is located is not exactly the best in the world.

JK

I have seen alot of that!

It's on the way to nowhere and Flex knows where that is.

Yeah. I grew up there. Zanesville is where we went on the weekends. They had a McDonalds and a Wendy's and everything. Only took us 40-45 minutes to get to them. :roflol:

...every place you go it looks like a FIGHT may break out anytime.

Yeah...I miss that place sometimes. LOL :)

We shot an USPSA match today in Circleville (south of Columbus). That would have been about a hour and a half drive for you. It was added at the last minute though.

Next Sunday, we have the first match of the year at Rayner's Range, south of Zanesville. (REAL country)

We can get you gear, if you need to borrow some.

You have probably seen all of the Bob Evans/Red Lobster type places off of I-70 as you come into town from the east (Underwood Street exit). It's been a while but that Red Lobster always manged a decent NY strip...pretty good for a non-steak joint. There is a Tumbleweed and Olive Garden there too.

The north end of town is nicer. Up on Maple Ave. (St, Rt. 60 north) toward the mall. Not too much up there in the "name brand" way of things. There is a BW3's (they are the big chicken wings place in this part of the country, if you haven't heard of them). That should be consistent.

3291 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH‎ - (740) 454-9464

Adornetto's Pizzeria‎ (not to be confused with other Adornettos in the area....which are fine too) up on Maple Ave. is nice. They slice their own pepperoni, make their own pasta....used to be great salads.

2224 Maple Ave., Zanesville, OH‎ - (740) 453-0789‎

Flex....man....you're kidding...right?

Pizza out there?

Thats stuff ain't pizza....fuggedaboudit.

You want Pizza?

You come to NY we got a million pizza places feed you so much food you'll walk away feeling like you're a fudging elephant.

Tastes so good you'll be ruined for life and never eat that you know what that they call pizza outside of NY.

JK

Don't I know it. I was born and raised near Burr Oak. We had to go to Athens or Zanesville for a fast food burger. Jesus, that does not seem possible but I think today there is a McDonalds in Nelsonville(another bustling metropolis in the area).

But on a serious note I think there is still a pretty big gun shop in Nelsonville. Hocking Valley trading post if I remember right. A guy I work with went by there over Christmas and said they had alot of reloading stuff. They might be worth checking out.

It's on the way to nowhere and Flex knows where that is.

Yeah. I grew up there. Zanesville is where we went on the weekends. They had a McDonalds and a Wendy's and everything. Only took us 40-45 minutes to get to them. :roflol:

...every place you go it looks like a FIGHT may break out anytime.

Yeah...I miss that place sometimes. LOL :)

We shot an USPSA match today in Circleville (south of Columbus). That would have been about a hour and a half drive for you. It was added at the last minute though.

Next Sunday, we have the first match of the year at Rayner's Range, south of Zanesville. (REAL country)

We can get you gear, if you need to borrow some.

You have probably seen all of the Bob Evans/Red Lobster type places off of I-70 as you come into town from the east (Underwood Street exit). It's been a while but that Red Lobster always manged a decent NY strip...pretty good for a non-steak joint. There is a Tumbleweed and Olive Garden there too.

The north end of town is nicer. Up on Maple Ave. (St, Rt. 60 north) toward the mall. Not too much up there in the "name brand" way of things. There is a BW3's (they are the big chicken wings place in this part of the country, if you haven't heard of them). That should be consistent.

3291 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH‎ - (740) 454-9464

Adornetto's Pizzeria‎ (not to be confused with other Adornettos in the area....which are fine too) up on Maple Ave. is nice. They slice their own pepperoni, make their own pasta....used to be great salads.

2224 Maple Ave., Zanesville, OH‎ - (740) 453-0789‎

The match at Rayner's Range If I saw correct is this Sunday 2/15, whats the round count? I saw reshoots where any extra cost? reshoot?

Reshoots are $5. They also have shotgun side match this month and usually .22 side matches that are $5 each. I'd guess round count for a typical match there is 125 or so, but of course you'll want to bring extra. They start shooting whenever a squad is ready to go (usually around 9:00 or so) and you don't have to worry about set up or tear down.

Edited by mscott

Yeah...Rayner's match is held on their family Range. They take care of setup and teardown. Cost is $20. Reshoot the match all you want for $5 a pop.

There is no set start time. You can get there at noon. As Mike said, you just head out when you get enough to form a squad (kinda like golf). Lots of folks shoot in the morning, have lunch (concession) and then do one of the reshoots (pistol again, shotgun side match or .22).

Expect 130 rounds or so...and about half of that will be steel. :) And, not real easy to hit either. It's a tough match. Humbling. Bring ammo. :)

Heck...bring lots of ammo. Once you are out there (and it really IS out in the sticks)...you might as well reshoot for $5.

BTW...it might be good to follow somebody in the first time going there. PM me your cell phone number and we can give you a call as we approach Z-ville (coming from Columbus) and we can figure out a meeting place so you can follow us.

Take Flex's advice about following someone out there, it can be a real adventure finding the place on your own. Watch out for the livestock in the road, I have a dent in the passenger side floorboard from McDowell slamming on the passenger's brake. :lol: