Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accidentally Bringing A Subgun

MoNsTeR

OK, first stage, can't seat a magazine for the life of me, have to tap-rack 3 or 4 times. Didn't do too bad when I was actually shooting though.

Second stage. Complicated affair with two manual activators and lots of options. OK, buzzer, pull the first rope, run, pull the second rope, run to the box, draw, BANG, BANG, next target, BA-BANG

HOLY SDGL"WIGHOEI%U@#%U^@#^@^ THAT WAS A DOUBLE

I hear shouts from the peanut gallery ("did he just go full-auto?!") but the RO says nothing so I perservere, undeterred. Before the stage is finished, the gun doubles 2 or 3 more times. By the time I reholster and the stage gets scored, I'm just about having a heart attack and fully expecting to get DQ'd. Luckily I wasn't, and they let me shoot the rest of the stages with my other gun (which worked, luckily).

Did I mention this was my first match, of any kind, ever? Yeah, a little TOO exciting :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

First stage at MM3G this year was a pistol/ shotgun stage. Shot the shotgun just fine, jumped out of the car and yanked the old 24 out of its holster ( previously test fired that day and not touched after) and proceded to use 3 20 round magazines to engage 7 USPSA paper targets. The cruciform in the good old Glock had cracked and the cyclic rate on a Glock is HIGH I can tell you!

My model 22 (carry) did the same thing after a cleaning the night before in a 3-gun match(local),i stopped through the second stage that it acted up for fear of DQ.They were kind enough to let me reshoot that stage with my buddies 35(i'm no threat anyhoo).

Oh baby it can spit em out ,i could still hold it down for 4 shot bursts with nothing over the paper :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

happened to me in circleville last year first match ever first stage!

bang,bang,bang,,,double,triple.....then flex yelled at me to stop and tried to help me fix it. i didnt get dq'ed but i didnt get to finish the stage.

he loaned me his 35 and i ran it again for no score and aced it,,,,figures!!!

but man was my trigger light and smooooooooooooooooooooth............

We had a carbine match at my range one weekend and the only carbine I had was "FrankenMAC". A full auto M11/9 with a holotech sight on it. I was a little nervous to say the least, normally FrankenMAC is only used on full auto ranges or back in the woods. I loaded it up, checked the selector, safety on, Standby... Beep. Safety off, holotech on the upper A/B (only exposed target area) braaaaap. Geez that felt like two, :huh: squeeze again, braaap that WAS two!?!?!?! :o Looked at the selector while replaying MAC reassembly in my head from the past weekend there is no way it was on F/A, but it was. Sheepishly and profusely apologized to the RO, switch the selector back to where I thought it was in the first place, and finished the stage (with 4 upper a zone hits on the first target) and the rest of the match in semi.

• 6 months later...

One of the last targets of the last stage of Area 4 my glock torched off two rounds, man talk about a wicked spilt, it had to be around .06 or .05....it was fast enough the timer didnt catch it.

the culprit on my gun was a broken striker...the foreward half of the tip stayed foreward and the gun fired just as soon as it slammed shut...that time.

i thank god it didnt do it any more at the match(like on the 50 yard standards!!)

• 2 months later...

The Glock 17 I had when I started had a sweet spot in the trigger that would get you 4-5 round bursts. Once used to it it could be cool.

I shot a match once that had a bank of targets at 25m, a bank at 15m and a final bank at 7m. I started on the far bank and shot nice slowfire pace, reloaded, engaged the 15m bank a little faster, then reloaded again and put 4 each into the last 4 targets at 7m. The RO and a couple of spectators kind of freaked so I handed over the gun and said ok you try to make it burst, they couldn't and the score stood.

Was shooting my M1A testing some loads for High power off a bench.

Shot a few, looked good then the next time I shot it torched off 2 just like that.....

I thought to myself, "that was 2" but could not really belive it.

Then shot a few more and it did it again.

I was starting to freak, my National match gun was broke(so I thought)

So I started paying attention to grip, pressure into the shoulder ect.

turns out that if I don't hold it firmly into my shoulder it will bounce off my shoulder, reseting the trigger when it pushes in recoil and fire the second shot off the bounce.

got to where I can do it on demand.....some people freak when I do it.

;)

HOP

Was out of town shooting ground squirrels with my AR15, I had been playing with the JP trigger in it and forgot to loc-tite the set screws. Near the end of the first day, it let loose about 7 or 8 rounds. The disconnector was grabbing the hammer just enough to hold it but the impact of the bolt closing would knock it loose. The look on everybody elses faces was great.