Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Handgun Championship May 2,3, 2009

Ok, I hope there are some slots left too because I just booked a rental car and got a room at the La Quinta. I hate I wasn't able to register earlier but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it until today. Now I've just got to get some ammo loaded and chrono'd, get my gear together, hook up the automatic feeder for the dog, and about a million other things... but I'm just happy to be going.

That's great John. I don't believe I have ever seen you at CASA before. I've been to MS a couple of times. Thanks for coming. :rolleyes::cheers:

Ron

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I say, I'm excited about it. I always enjoy hanging out with you guys at our match, but I don't get to come to yours because we're usually frantically trying to get stuff done for ours. We actually seem to have things somewhat under control this year so I decided it was time I come play at your house for once. The stages look great and I can't wait. I'm going to see if I can't round up a few other stragglers to come with me but I should be heading that way Friday afternoon regardless.

Not too much being said.......................where is every one ????

And,

DON'T even tell me they are all out practicing !!! :goof:

I'll be all ready to rock after shooting the Alabama Section on Friday all day, driving to Little Rock (7-8 hrs) and rock and roll on Saturday!!!

Bubber, Bring me a pillow if you will. I might need it.

Hop

Not too much being said.......................where is every one ????

And,

DON'T even tell me they are all out practicing !!! :goof:

I'll be all ready to rock after shooting the Alabama Section on Friday all day, driving to Little Rock (7-8 hrs) and rock and roll on Saturday!!!

Bubber, Bring me a pillow if you will. I might need it.

Hop

I am soooo ready to go, wish today was Friday 'cuz I'd already be there. Cleaning the gun and mags tonight and packing my range bag. I might even (*gasp*) dry fire a bit before I pack it all up - :roflol: Who am I kidding, I'm gonna have a beer and sit on the couch instead! Probably about 15 of us coming up from the DFW area, see y'all on Saturday. :cheers:

you just keep sitting on that sofa, Girl, at least there is one person I can beat!

I'm just hoping I don't have to throw my gun over the berm. I have simple needs... :rolleyes: Besides, you're A class now aren't you? You're still gonna get beat by a kid! :ph34r:

I'm glad everyone is ready in Rock in Little Rock. I too cleaned my open gun for the first time in ????, I struggled with putting it back together. I guess that happens when you just shoot the thing and not clean the thing.

We've got 90% of the match set up today. It looks really fun and challenging. I'll shoot it Friday with the other RO's. We have some new walls, they are made out of plastic mess and it will increase the spectator participation greatly. We have a new "War Wagon" for setting up the matches too. We stole the idea from Fort Smith Gun Club. We should have it out on the weekend for picture taking and measurements if you so desire.

If you want to know the trick to shooting the match, "shoot A's as FAST as you can" :roflol:

Ron

Just got home a little while ago from setting up the match.... all 12 stages look really nice. I hope you guys like our "new" see through walls. Wish I could shoot it tomorrow but we need to put up paper and put the final "tweak" on it.

Why it is important to clean your gun before traveling...

You find the front pivot pin of the Bomar sight on your primary is BROKEN!

Well, cleaned, repaired and heading to the range at noon to verify sight-in.

Otherwise packing tonight for the trip.

Jim

Hey is Conway about 20 miles from Perryville? I think I have found a motel 6 there and just wanted to make sure that the map was about right on distance.

I guess it's 20 minutes, it might be farther.

ron

I just got in from the days shooting. YES, we've got rain! And more rain........... But what are you going to do???? Everyone I ran seemed to be in a good mood more or less. I heard at least 11 people left before the day was out. Oh well, more prizes for the rest of us. I got to meet several BE'ers at the match, that was cool.

Ron

The match is over! :cheers:

I think we got lucky today, we didn't even get a drop of rain at the club until tear down was over. I hope everyone had a safe trip back home and will plan on returning next year. We'll try to do better when ordering up the weather for next year. I heard CASA recieved between 4-6 inches of rain on Saturday. (I can believe it)

Joy should have the reults posted on USPSA.org tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again for attending. :)

Ron Johnston

CASA