Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another great revolver-only match opportunity!

Carmoney

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is no problem with sharing guns,( If I can't have one buy the match.) Count me in. Even if I had to just come and watch the last day I will be there.

Next order of business, dose anyone have a 625 or something in a .40 cal Revolver????

Let me Know!!!

Paul

I have a 625 you can use and 686+ or anyone eles

Thanks Dave.

Here's the bottom line, guys:

We're not going to change the equipment rules for this match. We set it up this way following fairly lengthy discussion between several of us who are working to put this event together, and to some extent they represent a compromise between us. So those of you who would prefer the equipment rules to be a little different here and there--please be willing to compromise along with us.

After this match is over, let's re-engage this spirited debate about equipment rules and between us we'll figure out what would work best in future years. In the meantime, we'll do everything we can to accommodate loaners, shared guns, etc.

Well Tyler and I will be there for all 3 days shooting Limited (iron). Check went in mail yesterday. (with the wifes OK.) Not sure on what .22 we will be sharing but will have something buy the match. And both of us will be using 6 shooters on Saturday, but things could always change between now and then. Nothing like a good excuse to buy another gun or two. :rolleyes:

Edited by snertley

The closest one is DSM Big Fella, but keep in mind Moline is close to my house and you can jump in with me for the weekend too. I informed the missus that we would have company already.....good thing I am finishing off the basement right now...... :wacko:

DougC

pinn shooter if you stay with doug and fly into moline i could give you a ride up to him, hes only like a hour west of me. im in the moline area anyway. -chris

Nothing like a good excuse to buy another gun or two. :rolleyes:

How long is the hair??? Maybe we can work a deal.

Man, your obsession with pubescent boy hair is scaring me.

Better hurry up, CJ, before you're too old to make a deal with Cliff yourself! That mop of yours should be good for at least a hi-cap frame.

Nothing like a good excuse to buy another gun or two. :rolleyes:

How long is the hair??? Maybe we can work a deal.

Man, your obsession with pubescent boy hair is scaring me.

Better hurry up, CJ, before you're too old to make a deal with Cliff yourself! That mop of yours should be good for at least a hi-cap frame.

Haha. I wish.

• 1 month later...

I just sent everybody on my sign-up list a confirmation email, which contains additional information about the event.

If you mailed me an entry form, but have not received this recent email, please drop me a line.

Thanks!

Edited by Carmoney

On Sunday, you can shoot any ammo you want, as long as it runs through a 6-shot revolver of minimum .40 caliber. We will have plenty of steel, and it will be calibrated to fall at minor/ICORE (120) power factor, so bear that in mind. Everybody will be scored major.

Most of us will be shooting our regular major USPSA ammo. Basically, if you're not a kid or a female shooter and you're running pussy loads through your 625, be prepared to take some flak. From me, for starters!! :D

Most of us will be shooting our regular major USPSA ammo. Basically, if you're not a kid or a female shooter and you're running pussy loads through your 625, be prepared to take some flak. From me, for starters!! :D

Really? Good luck. Start with me. That aside, you're going to run 3 squads of 15 over 9 cof's? Doesn't make sense but it's your match. Don't have eneough RO's? I'll RO and shoot. I do it often enough.

Thanks.

I shoot with Jeff (BarrettOne). What could you do that he hasn't already did or attempted to do? :roflol:

That aside, you're going to run 3 squads of 15 over 9 cof's? Doesn't make sense but it's your match. Don't have eneough RO's? I'll RO and shoot. I do it often enough.

Tom, it makes perfect sense, but first you have to understand how our range is laid out. We have three fairly large bays. Each bay will have 2 or 3 stages on it (plus we'll probably put one stage down through the woods below the bays). We can only have one squad shooting on each bay, for safety reasons. Be assured that we have significant experience running major matches on this range (multiple IA Sectionals and the historic PSS/Revo Back-to-Back matches), and we have figured out how to make it run with reasonable efficiency.

This is one of the reasons why we limited the match to 45 shooters, of course.

Anybody else have concerns? Let's get them out of the way now! :D

That aside, you're going to run 3 squads of 15 over 9 cof's? Doesn't make sense but it's your match. Don't have eneough RO's? I'll RO and shoot. I do it often enough.

Tom, it makes perfect sense, but first you have to understand how our range is laid out. We have three fairly large bays. Each bay will have 2 or 3 stages on it (plus we'll probably put one stage down through the woods below the bays). We can only have one squad shooting on each bay, for safety reasons. Be assured that we have significant experience running major matches on this range (multiple IA Sectionals and the historic PSS/Revo Back-to-Back matches), and we have figured out how to make it run with reasonable efficiency.

This is one of the reasons why we limited the match to 45 shooters, of course.

Anybody else have concerns? Let's get them out of the way now! :D

That makes sense. Just not what I'm used to seeing. I'm used to 1 stage per bay and smaller squads, that's why I wondered. Guess things are different in Iowa.

Edited by Tom E

That makes sense. Just not what I'm used to seeing. I'm used to 1 stage per bay and smaller squads, that's why I wondered. Guess things are different in Iowa.

Maybe someday we will have a range available in central Iowa that is designed for practical handgun competition. It would be great to have something like they have at LaCrosse or Milan, with bunches of smaller bays, but that just doesn't exist here currently in this area. We make up for it with good stage design.

Remember to pack a lunch and beverages as the Iowa guys are slave drivers and you usually have to eat between bays, no scheduled down time.

It is a nice range and the Jungle/Woods COF are usually pretty cool. Those guys have quite an imagination so be prepared for about anything.

You won't find a nicer group either.