Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Participation at Matches

99gski

1. USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, Steel, local bowling pins

2. Each month about 2 IDPA and 1 USPSA

3. Three or 4 IDPA and USPSA- whatever is not too far away. I always shoot the World Shoot Qualifiers when they are at my club.

4. I would really like to shoot a national sometime. I am shooting the 3 day Iowa revo match in July.

5. Yes, I'd like to try other sports. The only limiting factor is distance ($).

6. I like to compete with revos because the games are more challenging shooting them and they are what I carry. I could write a whole page about this. I used to have a Les Baer and PC 1911 that I shot only about 2 matches ea with. I never could warm up to them. I have osteo arthritis so bad that I can't shoot semi autos anymore even if I wanted to. We have an M&P 9 that my son competes with and 1 mag thru that is all that I care to shoot at one time. I just enjoy revos more - I think I would feel cheated shooting a whole 30 some round stage and only getting to reload once.

Julie, thanks for all of your support for the sport.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie anymore info on your endeavors?

I have put together a proposal for a program. Its going through approval process right now which can take some time.

On another note, I am looking forward to shooting my very first ICORE match this weekend down in Thibodaux, LA.

All the best,

Julie

I shoot uspsa-icore and steel with my wheelers.

At least four matches a month, not including practice.

Right know four big matches is enough with work and all.

Yes i would like to try some nra and bianchi cup type shooting.

I went to revolver about a year and a half ago and i find the wheelers are closely knit and are better quality shooters. We are outcast because we don't spray and pray.lol. By the way it was a pleasure watching you shoot a couple stages at the regional, i was the guy who dqed on the tenth stage friday.

7. If you don't shoot revolver in matches, are you interested in giving it a try - why or why not?

The only revolver I currently own is a little pocket-sized North American Arms Pug .22 Magnum.

But I'm very interested in getting a Smith & Wesson 610 for, among other things, competing in USPSA Revolver division from time to time.

Six shots and a revolver reload is scary though. I have no experience in this. Fear of the unknown, I guess.

I'm still struggling with mag changes every eight rounds in Single Stack and trying to carry enough to complete long stages.

Gee, moon clips and those thingamajigs to carry them on my belt, and some kind of revo holster, in addition to the gun. . . . Lots of new gear to learn about and purcha$e.

(I've owned a couple of .40 autos, still have one, that I like. That's a big part of why I'm thinking 610, to stay with the .40S&W. I shoot .45 in Single Stack, so a 625 could be considered. But I like the flexibility of using .40 or 10mm; light .40 for competition to just make major, full power .40 or light 10mm for self defense, or serious 10mm loads for hunting big critters, all from the same gun seems very appealing.)

Mgood,

Show no fear, there is a sweet 4" 610 in the classifieds with everything you need to get started.

Come on over to the round side. We may not have cookies, but we normally do have beer! :cheers:

Are you shooting revolver now Jon?! :unsure:

Jay!

Yep, started shooting my 610 summer of 07'. I do shoot my other stuff too, but almost allways got the revo going. Its been a blast! You should try it, ya might like it. :roflol: When I shoot over in Holmen I normal shoot revo and something else too. Got to make the most of the drive over.

Show no fear, there is a sweet 4" 610 in the classifieds with everything you need to get started.

I see that. Very interesting. But between the guns I've already bought this year, trying to accumulate holsters, mag pouches, et cetera, buying factory ammo to feed them, driving to competitions, trying (so far unsuccessfully) to stash away enough money for a reloading setup, I frequently end up with no grocery money as I'm waiting on payday.

Another gun is just NOT in the budget right now. (Give it a few months though ^_^ )

Edited by mgood

I see that. Very interesting. But between the guns I've already bought this year, trying to accumulate holsters, mag pouches, et cetera, buying factory ammo to feed them, driving to competitions, trying (so far unsuccessfully) to stash away enough money for a reloading setup, I frequently end up with no grocery money as I'm waiting on payday.

Another gun is just NOT in the budget right now. (Give it a few months though ^_^ )

That's why we have CREDIT CARDS! My 627 went on one waiting for me to sell a 625.

Find someone to borrow one, a .45 will be what you will ultimately want though, I've competed with a .357 M28 and a .44 M29 but the 625/25 in .45acp is the best for the sport. Revolver Competitors are notoriously generous.

You definitely want to get at least a square deal, Dillon may still have the payment plan if needed. It will save you money and sanity.

Good Luck

Seeing all the names of who was there makes me even madder that I missed it. :angry2:

But, seeing my paystub because of having to work makes up for it. :cheers:

Glad all had fun, good to see some new faces on Julies vidieo.

Hopalong

edit to add:

OOPS, wrong topic. Please move to Southern Regional match in the ICORE subforum. :blink:

Edited by hopalong

1. What sports do you shoot your revolver in (USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, Steel, NRA, etc.)?

2. How often do you shoot revolver at the club level?

3. How many majors do you shoot each year (state/regional/areas)? And with a revolver?

4. Do you shoot a national championship with your revolver and if so which one(s)?

5. Would you consider crossing over to other shooting sports with your revolver? If so, which ones and why?

6. Why do you like to compete in the revolver divisions?

7. If you don't shoot revolver in matches, are you interested in giving it a try - why or why not?

Figure I will play along too... I'm a new shooter.

1. Lots of USPSA, IDPA once in a while.

2. 2 - 4 times per month

3. Zero! I will in a year or so. Just picked up the sport.

4. Zero!

5. Yes. I intend to do an AASA steel match soon. Would love to do ICORE but no clubs within a convenient distance. I should be able to play with pins sometime this year I expect. I also want to dress up like Wyatt Earp and shoot single actions too, but that's got to wait until I can afford to buy 4 new guns :surprise:

6. Honestly, it is just the way the gun feels in my hand compared to semi-autos. Not something I can put in words, it just feels right for me.

7. N/A

Edited by JasonL

Find someone to borrow one. . . .

Revolver Competitors are notoriously generous.

I may try that. I know a guy who's got all the stuff, but rarely shoots revo. Hmmm.

• 1 month later...
1. What sports do you shoot your revolver in (USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, Steel, NRA, etc.)?

ICORE, USPSA

2. How often do you shoot revolver at the club level?

Every month!

3. How many majors do you shoot each year (state/regional/areas)? And with a revolver?

Southwest Regional Revolver Championship w/ S&W 627

S&W International Revolver Championship W/ S&W 627

Take-5 Rimfire Championship w/ Buckmark, 10/22

4. Do you shoot a national championship with your revolver and if so which one(s)?

IRC

5. Would you consider crossing over to other shooting sports with your revolver? If so, which ones and why?

I used to shoot my 625 in IDPA until they changed the rules. Now I refuse to play their game.

I sometimes shoot my 627 in USPSA (Limited 10 Div. so I can use all 8 holes inthe cylinder)

6. Why do you like to compete in the revolver divisions?

I love shooting my S&W revos!

Thanks so much!

Julie

Edited by S&W627shooter

Note:

If you all would like details to the program Julie mentioned, you will have to contact her directly for now.

I had to pull the other thread as it was against our forum rules on advertising (same as we have had to do with others).

Sorry folks.

- Admin.