Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Custom Shop "Infinite"

Chuck Anderson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks a little ........... uh, too smooth. Definately need some grip tape or something. Maybe they will offer custom (or standard) stippling.

Oh and I just have to say, I think they got that mag in the gun on the left backwards or something ............... :rolleyes:

It looks a little ........... uh, too smooth. Definately need some grip tape or something. Maybe they will offer custom (or standard) stippling.

Its a "rough" prototype, man ("rough" meaning "smooth"?) :roflol:

The trigger guard is too chunky, as well, but that will likely be corrected, too.

It's no coincidence that SV used to exclusively use Schuemann barrels....their site had that displayed prominently (it's gone now)

It's gone now because Infinity now makes all their barrels in-house. Their website states this directly :

Infinity Firearms® have a commitment to excellence. Consequently, all factory produced Infinity pistols are fitted with Infinity Barrels manufactured in house.

Start to finish, all Infinity barrels are manufactured from a single piece of solid 416R rifle barrel steel utilizing one continuous machining operation on a state-of-the-art CNC mill-turn center. We are the only pistol manufacturer in the world to achieve this unprecedented technological level and it shows in the quality and consistency of the barrels produced. Full ultrasonic, eddy current and dye penetrant testing assure consistent quality every time.

Once machined, all barrels are carefully inspected and then processed in a multistage polishing system for a finish that significantly lowers friction and improves corrosion resistance.

It's no coincidence that SV used to exclusively use Schuemann barrels....their site had that displayed prominently (it's gone now)

It's gone now because Infinity now makes all their barrels in-house. Their website states this directly :

Infinity Firearms® have a commitment to excellence. Consequently, all factory produced Infinity pistols are fitted with Infinity Barrels manufactured in house.

Start to finish, all Infinity barrels are manufactured from a single piece of solid 416R rifle barrel steel utilizing one continuous machining operation on a state-of-the-art CNC mill-turn center. We are the only pistol manufacturer in the world to achieve this unprecedented technological level and it shows in the quality and consistency of the barrels produced. Full ultrasonic, eddy current and dye penetrant testing assure consistent quality every time.

Once machined, all barrels are carefully inspected and then processed in a multistage polishing system for a finish that significantly lowers friction and improves corrosion resistance.

Rob,

That's not why they have removed the wording. I'll PM you.

Whats the gun with the grey grip?

Looks like it has some big a** rear sight?

Neal in AZ

That's a 6" Open gun that belongs to one of the employees. The rear sight you think you are seeing is a Docter red dot.

I like the undercut, the square corner inside the trigger guard and the angle cuts fore and aft of the frame mounting screw (the little one). Looks like the grip size mimics that of a shaved down gip, ready to have tape attached. MAN, that's some good work right there! He he he. Although I'm biased because I've shot an aluminum grip gun before. Makes for a well balanced gun. Like Honda says about their overweight race bikes, it's not the total weight that matters most, but where you put it. Actually, I think some shooters follow that too. ;)

Sam Conway from Shooters Edge is also giving a gun or two away at the end of the year. He has the rules posted on his site, but it's something like you have to be shooting an STI frame, send in an entry form with $25, and have his name on your shirt somewhere. More like a raffle, but very generous of him just the same. It goes for all level matches, even the local club level.

Neal in AZ

That's a 6" Open gun that belongs to one of the employees. The rear sight you think you are seeing is a Docter red dot.

Sorry Bobby, it's a Burris Fast Fire, unless Docter started putting On/Off switches on the side.

Its a "rough" prototype, man ("rough" meaning "smooth"?) :roflol:

Yeah Dave, I know ..... in fact I almost made the same "joke". :D

Neal in AZ

Sorry Bobby, it's a Burris Fast Fire, unless Docter started putting On/Off switches on the side.

Yes Sir, you're prolly right. Didn't remember that actual Manufacture, and I fondled so many this weekend. I thought the one on that gun came on when you removed the cover or something, it was a long weekend. My feet still hurt. But yeah, a red dot sight of some sort.