Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shot the match on Thurs with AWLAZS. I had a great day shooting with new and old friends on our squad. :cheers:

Range staff were fantastic........enough said!

I just want to say thanks for the kind words. :cheers:

All of the staff, including myself, put in allot of hours to make it all run smoothly.

We had a couple of complaints, they were all minor.

Unfortunately there was one DQ very late in the day on Sunday, otherwise it would have been very close to a perfect match.

Glad everyone had a great time. From what I hear plans have already started for next year.

Thanks again from one of your RO's and wannabe shooter :P

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I did not shoot well at the match, I would be remiss if I did not say what a fine match it was. I had a good time. The stages were fun and challenging. The set up crew did a great job of building and painting stages. Nice work! Fine bunch of RO's. Friendly and did a good job. This match will be on my schedule next year. Thanks again to all involved with the match.

Finally a little time to jot down some stuff.

Travis and I were talking on one of the stages about the match. We both agreed that since the squads were so small (we had 5) and we were zooming through the match so fast that it really didn't feel like an Area match. Atmosphere ect.

The range officers were great, I just had to call John A. a couple of times to make him earn his keep (You know, just because) :devil:

I personally want to congratulate all the winners, I had the chance to shoot with the Limited and Open Winners and they are true Champs. Way to go Lee and Trav !!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Also congrats to Josh Lentz, the Revolver Division Champion. I tried but just couldn't keep them where they should be most of the time. <_< Josh, If your reading this How about a rematch at the Memphis Charity Challenge Oct. 31 ? (listed on USPSA website) (and all others wanted).

Hopalong

I'll just add my voice to those who are saying... well done! It was a fine match, smoothly run, friendly and competent range staff.

It was kind of an unusual mix of stages-- the first time I've seen an equal number of large courses and speed shoots at an area match-- but it seemed to work well. The triple speed shoot pits cleared in about the same amount of time as the field courses, so that was good planning. And the stages held nothing too difficult, but tons of opportunities for the shooter to screw up by miscalculating or pushing too hard.

A whole bunch of us Vermonters (from the Green Mtn. Practical Shooters) made the trip over for the match, and I think you can count on us returning next year if you host the championship again!

Thanks to all involved.

Yep, a big thanks to the match organizers and all those who helped to put on a verry nice match. We were 4 shooters from Quebec(Canada) making the trip and we had a lot of fun. For my part, it was my first USPSA match and I must say that I am really impressed with the quality of the stages. It's a lot different from what we are used to here in Canada. Closer targets but much more tactical type of match and a lot of partials/no-shoots.There was also a lot of different ways to shoot the stages and that was really fun. Unfortunately, my slide-stop broke on my very first stage so I pretty much zeroed a 24 rounds stage :angry2:! Nice way to start my first USPSA match! But other than that, everything about this match was positive. Thanks guys! I'm already looking forward into next year's match but first, Area 8.

JP.

Well I'll chime in also. I have been shooting for about 18 months and this was my first (OF MANY :D ) Major matches and I loved it! I got certified as an RO this spring and was very impressed to see a professional group of RO's putting the training to use. I drove down from Maine for the match as did several others. I'd go back in a second. Very professional, all the staff were class all the way. I was amazed at how quickly things moved along and 12 satges felt like they took about as much time as 5-6 back home.

I shot Sat am with a mixed squad, my self and another guy from Maine, I enjoyed meeting the guys we shot with, also a class bunch. I was especially impressed with Greg from RI. Classy guy, very serious, I enjoyed watching him shoot and he put up a pretty respectable showing in production.

A big thanks to all the staff and sponsors! I can't wait to shoot my next Area match! Lots of trainning for me to prep for next year!

Shaun

Also congrats to Josh Lentz, the Revolver Division Champion. I tried but just couldn't keep them where they should be most of the time. <_< Josh, If your reading this How about a rematch at the Memphis Charity Challenge Oct. 31 ? (listed on USPSA website) (and all others wanted).

Hopalong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think Josh is on the forum. I have had the pleasure of shooting with Josh at VA/MD and Area 7. He is very smooth and his reloads smoke. Great guy too! He has been shooting USPSA for a couple of months. Came over from ICORE. He will be at Area 8 sponsored by GT Target Stands. I think that is his only other Major this year.

Mike

Edited by mikegot38

I have it on good authority from the CRO of Stages 10-12 that he will run shooters starting on 11, running hot to 12, and then unloading for the unloaded start on 10, front to back of the bay.

Are you sure you know the CRO??

I'm certain. He shows up in my mirror every morning. It's like I'm being haunted or something. :D

Finishing up a big match is like going to the outhouse for a #2 - the job isn't done until the paperwork is complete.

I am sending final paperwork to the match committee in Saturday's mail (8/15). You may have noticed that registration was handled in MA but the match was in NY, hence the need for me to send paperwork. I would have liked to get this done a few days sooner, but being out of town for 5 days working the match put me in "catch up" mode immediately upon my return.

This will include various reports they will use for allocation of prizes, pre-printed labels for shipping prizes and the info they need to send the activity fee to USPSA HQ.

The match committee will be sending the prizes, or information for arranging the FFL transfer as appropriate, directly to the winners. I will post a notice with the match results on www.uspsa.org when the booty starts shipping.

As to the chrono - I expect the proper procedure will be followed next year.

Rob

Awesome match! One of the best managed that I have attended. I loved the small squads. I don't think we ever had to wait to shoot. Maybe once. I thought the variety of stages was great. They were so much more challenging than they looked on paper!

Although I shot at my level as far as the numbers go, I could have done so much better. I had a major malfunction on stage 1 and ended up with a 14+ sec run. Then I porked stage 3 with the swinger for a nice big goose egg. Plus I went a little "too fast" on How Fast. :o:lol: The rest of the match went fairly well for me.

The RO's were curteous and professional. Thank you to all who put in so much effort so we could have a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not handling prize distribution, but I was advised by the prize coordinator that they have not yet shipped the prizes and are meeting within the next day or two to work on the process. I don't have confirmation, but I expect the stuff already mailed out (I know of two people who got stuff) was from the raffle.

I am not handling prize distribution, but I was advised by the prize coordinator that they have not yet shipped the prizes and are meeting within the next day or two to work on the process. I don't have confirmation, but I expect the stuff already mailed out (I know of two people who got stuff) was from the raffle.

Any updates? Will the list of prizes and winners be posted somewhere?

I think it would be a great idea to boost interest in upcoming matches to highlight the stuff that was won. The names of the winners doesn't necessarily have to be posted. It will also help support the sponsors. We were all asked to write letters or emails of appreciation to the sponsors but I don't recall who they were other then a few. Caspian, Target Barn, obviously S&W. What other companies were sponsors?

I think it would be a great idea to boost interest in upcoming matches to highlight the stuff that was won. The names of the winners doesn't necessarily have to be posted. It will also help support the sponsors. We were all asked to write letters or emails of appreciation to the sponsors but I don't recall who they were other then a few. Caspian, Target Barn, obviously S&W. What other companies were sponsors?

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I made it home from East TN (Work) and had a nice little Certificate from CASPIAN waiting for me !!! :cheers:

Again, Thanks to all who put on the match.

And .......................................

Thanks to all the sponsors (especially Caspian) :D

Hop