Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to send Glock to make race gun?

Newto1911

Where are some places that will turn a Glock 17 into a race gun(sight,comp,trigger, etc)?? I would like to have everything done at one place.

Don't send it anywhere. Save it for production class and have a new gun built. Think STI/SV/PARA for an open gun. That's just my 2 cents worth. You will end up spending more money than the gun is worth. I know that there are people out there that shoot Glocks in open, just not many of them. You sound as though you have some money to spend, just don't spend it foolishly. Have a dedicated open gun built.

That's just my opion.

Where are some places that will turn a Glock 17 into a race gun(sight,comp,trigger, etc)?? I would like to have everything done at one place.

Don't send it anywhere. Save it for production class and have a new gun built. Think STI/SV/PARA for an open gun. That's just my 2 cents worth. You will end up spending more money than the gun is worth. I know that there are people out there that shoot Glocks in open, just not many of them. You sound as though you have some money to spend, just don't spend it foolishly. Have a dedicated open gun built.

That's just my opion.

I already have a G34. I cannot buy a STI because I live in the evil state of California

Well you didn't give us all the infomation to work with. I'm sure that you can find a "blessed" STI/SV/PARA somewhere in CA. I'm sorry that you have to work within those peramiters. Buying a used open gun might not be a bad idea. Then you can have it updated to whatever configuration you need. I think. It's worth looking into.

Well you didn't give us all the infomation to work with. I'm sure that you can find a "blessed" STI/SV/PARA somewhere in CA. I'm sorry that you have to work within those peramiters. Buying a used open gun might not be a bad idea. Then you can have it updated to whatever configuration you need. I think. It's worth looking into.

I do not want a STI. It is to much trouble, it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I want to shoot 9mm. Like i said in the original post I want to turn a Glock into a race gun. I already have a G17 now.

You can get Para's or a Barsto, if you're looking for a double stack.

Double stack is ILLEGAL in California

Take a look at the approved gun roster..

Double stack means "double" the ammo compared to single stack. In California you are only allowed to have 10 rounds.

I don't know anything about converting a glock into an open gun, but I'm sure a knowledgable guy will be along shortly to respond in an intelligent manner.

But until he gets here, I'd like to comment on this ridiculous law you mentioned. Are you saying that ALL Double Stack guns are illegal in CA?

It's hard for me to imagine an entire state full of people being subjugated by their elected representatives to the point where even owning a Double stack gun is illegal. When are folks from CA gonna draw the line in the sand and say "Enough is Enough"?

Personally, I don't recognize the right of ANY government (Federal, State, or Local) to deprive us of our rights under the Second Amendment. I refused to abide by the first Assault Weapons Law when it was in effect and I'll be damned if I'll abide by any new ones the next administration throws at us. They may pass a whole bunch of new laws, but good luck enforcing them in a place like TX.

Thank God I live in a Free State.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Double stack means "double" the ammo compared to single stack. In California you are only allowed to have 10 rounds.

If you want an Open Glock, SJC.

There are only a few wide-body pistol on the approved handgun list already mentioned in CA other than buying an STI/SV/PARA/CASPIAN through a private part transfer in CA.

So you plan on shooting Open with 10-round mags then? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about converting a glock into an open gun, but I'm sure a knowledgable guy will be along shortly to respond in an intelligent manner.

But until he gets here, I'd like to comment on this ridiculous law you mentioned. Are you saying that ALL Double Stack guns are illegal in CA?

It's hard for me to imagine an entire state full of people being subjugated by their elected representatives to the point where even owning a Double stack gun is illegal. When are folks from CA gonna draw the line in the sand and say "Enough is Enough"?

Personally, I don't recognize the right of ANY government (Federal, State, or Local) to deprive us of our rights under the Second Amendment. I refused to abide by the first Assault Weapons Law when it was in effect and I'll be damned if I'll abide by any new ones the next administration throws at us. They may pass a whole bunch of new laws, but good luck enforcing them in a place like TX.

Thank God I live in a Free State.

If you live in California you have not been allowed by law to purchase mags over 10 rounds since 2000. What would be the point of a double stack gun if you can only buy ten round mags for it? Good luck even finding a 10 round SV mag.

Now back to my original question???

If you want an Open Glock, SJC.

There are only a few wide-body pistol on the approved handgun list already mentioned in CA other than buying an STI/SV/PARA/CASPIAN through a private part transfer in CA.

So you plan on shooting Open with 10-round mags then? :rolleyes:

I bought my first Glock in 1993, so I already owned NORMAL(high) capasity mags before 2000, that is why I have to shoot Glock.

I bought my first Glock in 1993, so I already owned NORMAL(high) capasity mags before 2000, that is why I have to shoot Glock.

If you bought your glock in '93, it most likely is not a 3-pin, 3rd generation locking block gun. It isn't recommended shooting major 9 in the older style locking block.

If you bought your glock in '93, it most likely is not a 3-pin, 3rd generation locking block gun. It isn't recommended shooting major 9 in the older style locking block.

I bought my original Glock in 1993, but I have bought a few more since then(with 3 locking pins). The old mags work in the new guns

Your all are sure giving a new member a hard time of it.

How about leaving the Politics off the forum (it's against the rules, anyway)! As for what is legal and what other options he has...well, a few posts in that direction to let him know he might have more options than he realizes are OK. But, if he wants a Glock Open gun...then post about a Glock Open gun.

- Admin.

Newt,

We have a whole section on the forum for Glocks. If you search within that forum, you will find lots of information regarding Open Glocks for USPSA major (and minor for other games).

SJC is dedicated to Open Glock work. Charlie Vanek has done some too, I believe.

Your all are sure giving a new member a hard time of it.

How about leaving the Politics off the forum (it's against the rules, anyway)! As for what is legal and what other options he has...well, a few posts in that direction to let him know he might have more options than he realizes are OK. But, if he wants a Glock Open gun...then post about a Glock Open gun.

- Admin.

I guess I did a boo-boo....sorry :(

For Open Glocks, take Flex's advice. I'll tell you that the SJC's are awesome!

For STI's as someone who owns 5 STI framed pistols and 1 frame in the safe, I'll say that the ONLY reason to shoot STI over SV or Bar-Sto (sticking with polymer frames) is the contingency money. If THAT's the reason why you want a STI so bad, I'll tell you it's not worth the headache.

If you want a hi-cap, polymer framed pistol you DO have choices here. Either, you buy a SV and then have an alternate upper built. Same for the Bar-Sto. As for mags, that's on you, but I'll say that our IPSC friends up in Canada and other nations abroad are known to keep gear in the US and when they come to visit & compete pull it out of a friends' care and play happily and legally. You could do the same.

Rich

+3 on SJC i have 2 of them and you absolutely can not do better on a Glock open gun.

Yup, I have one as well and LOVE it! I know others will tell you that that a steel gun is a better way to go but for the price they make a fantastic open gun. Mine has never malfunctioned in the 8 months that I have put 4K through it and to be honest it is kind of fun taking it and beating guys with the big dollar custom 2011's :ph34r:

Good luck!