Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to send Glock to make race gun?

Newto1911

You can get Para's or a Barsto, if you're looking for a double stack.

Double stack is ILLEGAL in California

I don't know anything about converting a glock into an open gun, but I'm sure a knowledgable guy will be along shortly to respond in an intelligent manner.

But until he gets here, I'd like to comment on this ridiculous law you mentioned. Are you saying that ALL Double Stack guns are illegal in CA?

It's hard for me to imagine an entire state full of people being subjugated by their elected representatives to the point where even owning a Double stack gun is illegal. When are folks from CA gonna draw the line in the sand and say "Enough is Enough"?

Personally, I don't recognize the right of ANY government (Federal, State, or Local) to deprive us of our rights under the Second Amendment. I refused to abide by the first Assault Weapons Law when it was in effect and I'll be damned if I'll abide by any new ones the next administration throws at us. They may pass a whole bunch of new laws, but good luck enforcing them in a place like TX.

Thank God I live in a Free State.

Full Auto...

Do you think the posts you make on a web forum are safe from BATF?

Good luck buddy...

They can track your URL...

JW

• 5 months later...

do it yourself

Lone wolf barrel

Yager comp

figure out the sight and mount

trigger jobs are easy

wonder why california has the toughest gun laws meant to reduce crime yet their prison system (largest in the country BTW) is overflowing?

Double stack guns are not illegal in California. High Capacity magazines are not illegal in California. Selling, importing or manufacturing them is illegal if you do not have a permit to do so. Possessing, transporting within the state and using high capacity magazines is perfectly legal. It is legal to order complete magazines that have been disassembled and shipped in as a parts kit to rebuild your legally owned high capactiy magazines.

You can borrow magazines and use someone else's magazines in a match as long as they are in the same vicinity as you. You can't borrow them and take them home but you can use some one else's mags at the match.

If a gun is not on the roster, it is perfectly legal to buy one through a private party transfer within the state of California. If you want an STI or a SV Open gun let me know, I know of a few people that have some for sale

If you are stuck on the idea of building an Open Glock. You can legally buy mag extensions for you existing high capacity mags and extend them out to 28rds and still keep them at the 170mm length.

I would recommend going with a C-more style sight mounted to the frame instead of a doctor style mounted to the slide. A lot of people I've talked to about building an open glock say that even if the doctor is "bullet proofed" they aren't 100% reliable and with murphy's law it will break during a big match.

To the original poster, where do you shoot now in California?

I've got an SJC Custom open gun and it is awesome! That said, if I hadn't gotten a great deal on it, I would've followed through on my previous plan of getting Lone Wolf barrel, Jager Comp, SJC mount, and Cmore, and done my own trigger job.

If you go the Lone Wolf barrel route, I highly recommend you ask the guys at Lone Wolf to loosen up the chamber on the barrels they send you. Their chambers are so tight you'll probably have a hard time shooting a lot of brass fired in other guns if you don't.

That said, if I hadn't gotten a great deal on it, I would've followed through on my previous plan of getting Lone Wolf barrel, Jager Comp, SJC mount, and Cmore, and done my own trigger job.

On my list of things to buy with my lottery winnings (fat chance) are the components for an Open Glock from Jager. The whole idea just appeals to the little voice in me that keeps saying, "What a hoot that would be."

But I recently noticed that SJC has a rather unusual alternative - the SJC Convertible Compensator Mount. From all appearances, this is a bolt on that does not require an extended threaded barrel or any modifications to the base gun itself. There is even a version for my G35! I'm not sure how it would work, having a compensator attached to a frame that is bolted to the gun and unconnected to the barrel, so, I thought I'd ask here.

How does that work anyway? Both in terms of the mechanics and performance.

That said, if I hadn't gotten a great deal on it, I would've followed through on my previous plan of getting Lone Wolf barrel, Jager Comp, SJC mount, and Cmore, and done my own trigger job.

On my list of things to buy with my lottery winnings (fat chance) are the components for an Open Glock from Jager. The whole idea just appeals to the little voice in me that keeps saying, "What a hoot that would be."

But I recently noticed that SJC has a rather unusual alternative - the SJC Convertible Compensator Mount. From all appearances, this is a bolt on that does not require an extended threaded barrel or any modifications to the base gun itself. There is even a version for my G35! I'm not sure how it would work, having a compensator attached to a frame that is bolted to the gun and unconnected to the barrel, so, I thought I'd ask here.

How does that work anyway? Both in terms of the mechanics and performance.

Neat idea, but if the comp ever wears out, you're reduced to having a really expensive scope mount. Besides, as reasonably priced as the Jager comps are priced, I think it's worth it to just get a separate comp and scope mount and have the flexibility.