Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drazy Metal Works Steel 500

DMW_STEEL_500.pdf

I am happy to announce the Drazy Metal Works Steel 500.

This is going to be a 500 round steel match that has 12 stages of steel challenge type corses, and 12 field corses designed by Ray Hirst. It will be shot in 2 days with a prize table at the end of the match. The dates are May 30 and 31.The location is PASA Park, Barry IL.

If I did it right the application is at the top of this post. If you have any questions, you can email me or Ray.

Tom Drazy Tom@DrazyMetalWorks.com

Ray Hirst Ray.Hirst@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Tom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to be there.

Tom, I think I asked you this before but can you define limited revolver? Is an iron sighted 8-shot revolver considered a limited revolver for this match?

Hi Keith,

This is not USPSA so we are going to use ICOR revolver stats. Any Revo without a scope or optics is limited. I think 7 & 8 shot pistols should have a place to play. :sight:

Later

Tom

DMW_STEEL_500.pdf

I am happy to announce the Drazy Metal Works Steel 500.

This is going to be a 500 round steel match that has 12 stages of steel challenge type corses, and 12 field corses designed by Ray Hirst. It will be shot in 2 days with a prize table at the end of the match. The dates are May 30 and 31.The location is PASA Park, Barry IL.

If I did it right the application is at the top of this post. If you have any questions, you can email me or Ray.

Tom Drazy Tom@DrazyMetalWorks.com

Ray Hirst Ray.Hirst@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Tom

There seems to be a little confusion, there is not a 22 rimfire class because of the knock down steel part of the match. This is not 2 matches, it is one match, 24 stages for the price of $125

Thanks

Tom

Will stages be posted at any time? I am familiar with steel challenge type stages but I am more interested in the 12 steel field courses and how much movement or reloading there would be in these? Thanks.

Tom may correct me here. Think of the 12 fields of steel just like USPSA field courses. There will be walls, doors, steel hardcover, props, etc to build these courses. Minimal to a lot of movement, each stage will be different. All of them will be falling steel I believe.

I don't know if the courses will be published.

Will stages be posted at any time? I am familiar with steel challenge type stages but I am more interested in the 12 steel field courses and how much movement or reloading there would be in these? Thanks.

Tom may correct me here. Think of the 12 fields of steel just like USPSA field courses. There will be walls, doors, steel hardcover, props, etc to build these courses. Minimal to a lot of movement, each stage will be different. All of them will be falling steel I believe.

I don't know if the courses will be published.

Tony is correct, I am not sure if we will get them posted anywhere, but they will be just as he described. The match is not for several months, I don't think Ray has them finished yet. If we do get them posted I will let everyone here know.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
so these will be fixed time field courses? points are based on the number of steel knocked down in a given amount of time? pasa is only 3hrs away and this sounds like a blast!

Tom will probably see this and confirm, but I was thinking they would

be on a timer like a USPSA field course. Everyone would finish the course

and get a time. Not sure if miss's would be down points or add time.

But not par time like the Tulsa Pro-Am

Jeff

The steel challenge stages will be shot like a steel challenge match shooting for time.

The field course will be like a uspsa match with time and steel must fall to count

I thought this match would be based on total time to finish all stages. Wouldn't it be easier just to record time and have unlimited shots and not have to mess with points. How will you combine a point total for the field stages and a time for steel challenge together for final scores?

The steel challenge stages will be shot like a steel challenge match shooting for time.

The field course will be like a uspsa match with time and steel must fall to count

I thought this match would be based on total time to finish all stages. Wouldn't it be easier just to record time and have unlimited shots and not have to mess with points. How will you combine a point total for the field stages and a time for steel challenge together for final scores?

I would say the field course side of things will be your time to finish the course

plus any steel not down will add a penalty time to your score.

The match app. says fastest time of both days to win.

The fastest time on this match wins. Missed Poppers, plates, etc on the USPSA style stages will add the same time penalty that a missed plate would on the Steel Challenge stages. Any other questions feel free to post them here or email Tom Drazy or I about them. Our emails are on the application. This is a start up match so there will be bugs to work out the first year. I can only promise you great stages and lot's a good shooting. 500 rounds if you don't miss. :roflol:

Hope everyone can make it!

Thanks

Ray Hirst

Edited by Ray Hirst

The fastest time on this match wins. Missed Poppers, plates, etc on the USPSA style stages will add the same time penalty that a missed plate would on the Steel Challenge stages. Any other questions feel free to post them here or email Tom Drazy or I about them. Our emails are on the application. This is a start up match so there will be bugs to work out the first year. I can only promise you great stages and lot's a good shooting. 500 rounds if you don't miss. :roflol:

Hope everyone can make it!

Thanks

Ray Hirst

thanks ray, gonna try and get this match on the calender!

Will poppers be calibrated for 125pf? Will uspsa rules be used if they are hit and don't fall, or will it be like the Pro Am(if it is hit and doesn't fall it is a miss, no calibration during the match)?