Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Rifleman TV 2008 DPMS Tri-Gun

Check your listing but it should air Wed Jan 14th at 7:00PM pacific and repeat that evening.

I have seen the preview and Trapr looks good!

Tate Moots and Eddie Rhoads are well spoken and David Neth takes the tower stairs two at a time!

Hollywood ain't big enough.

Patrick

And don't forget, a cammio by my carry gun...who would of thought you couldn't find a single stack gun.......except in a vehicle....down at the floor board and show clear! :unsure:

No Erik...I am still waiting for the pearl grips! :roflol:

Pat, you gave a good interview, is it on the show?

Thanks Kelly, I had to, YOU were watching!

Some of it made the show.

Hope you get to see it.

Outdoor Channel

American Rifleman TV

Wed 14th 1900 pacific repeats at I think at 2200.

Kurt....your "floorboard Tuesday night special" did not make the cut.

Maybe if you HAD those pearl grips........Erik!

Trapr runs his Nova well from the Tower.

Eddie's caught on the Jungle run; boonie hat on head.

Unless you KNOW I am the guy in a Hawaiian shirt you may miss me shooting but you shouldn't miss me talking.

Happy New Year!

Patrick

And don't forget, a cammio by my carry gun...who would of thought you couldn't find a single stack gun.......except in a vehicle....down at the floor board and show clear! :unsure:

No Erik...I am still waiting for the pearl grips! :roflol:

Thought I'd share this General Patton quote, it always makes me laugh.

"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol.

I don't have the Outdoor Channel, any chance I made it on the show?

Yes you did, but only for about 1 second and it was from behind. Leslie knew it was you so it wan't that obscure.

Trouble was they focused on Heavy Metal, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it left out the majority of the competitors. Kinda like taking a vacation to the Grand Canyon and only looking in the gift shops.

Edited by TMC

Cool show. American Rifleman covered the FN Herstal 3 Gun match on a show back in late November I believe. On a side note, Shooting Gallery had a pretty good show visiting the Barrett Manufacturing Facility and interviewing the family and staff. One of Jim Scouten's shows also covered teh USPSA Nationals in Oklahoma. That looks like a very nice facility.

To be fair to OLN/American Rifleman TV, at the FN 3-Gun they focused on Tactical Irons. DPMS obviously Heavy Metal. So...who knows for any other matches that they cover. When they did FB3G in 2007 I think they did Tactical Optics, but don't quote me on it.

Rich

I would guess their attempt was to introduce people to the type of shooting and not the match in particular, by going with one div. you can cover it more in depth, and kind of make a series of the type of shooting. instead of promoting a match, you promote the shooting discipline.

I know ShootingUSA has covered Tac Irons before in a show, so they seem to be "spreading the wealth"

trapr

W2R, the rifle rules are the same as Tactical with a few exceptions, caliber and mag capacity being those, comps or breaks are legal, REMEMBER, this ain't USPSA so look at the DPMS rules. Although HM across the board allows comps/brakes.

trapr

Thanks. I finished the show. Good stuff. Help me narrow down my HM shotgun search.

Me too. Here's my thougts.

1. Benelli Supernova-need to get and relatively inexpensive

2. Glock 21-already have one

3. JP LRP-07 with 18" barrel-I better order soon and just bite the $3,000 bullet. At least I won't have to spend any $$ on optics :)