Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio 2009 ! -- **Date Change!

(Of course, the non-local folks are now wondering what CFL's are... ;) )

I was kinda hoping somebody would say it before I had to ask but......what are CFL's? :unsure:

A CFL is a faultline that is raised about knee level and if the shooter knocks it off they get a procedural. I got the idea from the cooper tunnel. and the CFL stands for "Conrad fault line"

If you are gonna do that on a stage(s), just make sure I am in my regular spot up on the hill doing the standards!!! :ph34r:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check Hotels early!!!

That is the same weekend as the Easyrider Motorcycle Rodeo in Chilicothe,Oh. and everything in the area books up.

I'll be at the match.

And Thanks to COnrad and Pickaway for hosting the match!!!

Edited by pas44

Check Hotels early!!!

That is the same weekend as the Easyrider Motorcycle Rodeo in Chilicothe,Oh. and everything in the area books up.

http://www.easyridersevents.com/rodeo08/chillicothe.html

We are getting some conflicting data on the event dates for the Easyrider Rodeo in Chilicothe. (Huge bike rally in the next town south, for those that are wondering. It eats up hotels all thru the area.)

We looked on the web and Chad even called up Iron Pony to see if they had some info. What we got was that the bike rodeo is a week before us. Which is really weird...because it's always been on Labor Day weekend.

Heck, it may not matter. If all the riders think it's on Labor Day weekend, then that will still likely book up the hotels...even if it's not that weekend. :wacko:

Check Hotels early!!!

I'll be at the match.

And Thanks to COnrad and Pickaway for hosting the match!!!

This is very true.....I had a hell of a time finding someplace to stay for the OH IDPA state match on the same weekend last year.

Check Hotels early!!!

We are getting some conflicting data on the event dates for the Easyrider Rodeo in Chilicothe. (Huge bike rally in the next town south, for those that are wondering. It eats up hotels all thru the area.)

We looked on the web and Chad even called up Iron Pony to see if they had some info. What we got was that the bike rodeo is a week before us. Which is really weird...because it's always been on Labor Day weekend.

I should have checked, but it has always been Labor Day Weekend. I'm also finding the rally dates listed as the week before us.

My bad for the false alarm..

Edited by pas44

Check Hotels early!!!

I should have checked, but it has always been Labor Day Weekend. I'm also finding the rally dates listed as the week before us.

My bad for the false alarm..

Everybody could come camping with us :roflol:

Camping ................. ??? :huh: You must be joking.

This ain't the Cub Scouts, this is Practical Shooting! There's no camping in practical shooting. <_<

Don't know what your talking bout willis but last time I did that I won my class.....oh and it wasn't at the range it was a camp sight about 30 minutes away.

Edited by steel1212

Gee and I was going to ask if I could camp out at the range if there wer no rooms available. Now what?

The question about camping on club ground did come up at one of the Bod meeting but we never got an answer. I will check on that and let you know in 2 weeks after the next meeting. If not earlier.

.......... and there you have it folks. ( had to let the original designer tell the story) :rolleyes:

Jason, the only problem I would see is the lack of a proper fault-line if & when then shooter actually does knock over the CFL. Then what ........... ???

I'm guessing it sits on a "actual fault line", if the shooter knocks over the CFL he gets a procedural for that and if he steps out side of the fault line below that he gets a Procedural for shot fired outside of the shooting area...just guessing though.

You are correct. We actually put the CFL about 6 to8 inches inside the faultline. Rule10.2.5 is the rule on tunnels and would be the same for CFL's.

On camping at the range... In years past, when we asked the club about that I recall the vague response was that they would only allow that if a club member was present all night (even then, it's a long shot). But, right next door is a State Park.

A.W. Marion State Park

well be here

http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/deercrk/tabid/725/Default.aspx

CFL....that's a relief. I was just worried that it was another version of "THE SHAKEY BRIDGE!!!!" :roflol:

I love the Shakey Bridge. And if you were wondering, yes it will most likely be used somewhere in the match

Edited by conrad

CFL....that's a relief. I was just worried that it was another version of "THE SHAKEY BRIDGE!!!!" :roflol:

I love the Shakey Bridge. And if you were wondering, yes it will most likely be used somewhere in the match

Maybe on a 50 yards standards type course? :surprise:

Heck yea! I like the shaky bridge. Everyone gets psyched out about it. Just get up there and shoot!

I don't have any problem getting up there and shooting...it's the hitting that's the problem!!!

When I told Diana about this match, she laughed and said to add that one to the list.

She likes The Shakey Bridge...since she's beaten me on every stage that's featured that infernal device :angry2:

So you're looking for 20 or so wheelgunners....seems like we've done that in Ohio before. :cheers: