Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My ingenious & industrious son

Nemo

Long story short...

The Nemo clan has established to new headquarters. (I hate moving) After spending all my holiday vacation getting the new place up to speed, everything is where it has to be including my reloading bench in the only corner of the house that is mine (in the garage, of course). We moved without outside help thanks to having two healthy teenage boys.

Anyway, Francisco heard me complain that our rigs (belt, holster & magpouches setup) were just laying around, in no order and taking a lot of space. So yesterday right after breakfast I see him looking through the lumber I always keep for whatever reason...

He set up my lil' drill press with the table at an angle and drilled holes on a piece of 2x4

post-2776-1230731653_thumb.jpg

When I asked "What are you doing?" He'd answer - you'll see... I bugged him so much that made him tell me and ruin the surprise, but also started taking pics of the process with my phone.

He cut pieces of a 1/2" dowel and chucked them in the drill press to sand the ends

post-2776-1230731829_thumb.jpg

This is what he was doing -> post-2776-1230731902_thumb.jpg

He glued the pegs in the holes in the 2x4

post-2776-1230731982_thumb.jpg

And when I finished changing the kitchen lamp he called me to the garage to show me the final product.

post-2776-1230732151_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the bad cel phone pix.

He found a spot in the corner of the bench and attached his invention of the day there. Now all our rigs are in the same place, out of the way and organized.

:wub: I LOVE :D THIS KID! :wub:

Did I mention he's also in page 52 of the front sight in a super pic that I took? :)

Did I mention that :wub: I LOVE :D THIS KID! :wub: ?

Nemo, your kids are a class act. :cheers:

Of course it'd be alot easier to keep track of all those gun-belts if you'd make up your mind what division to shoot. B)

Which by the way ........... what gun ARE you shooting in 2009 ???

Thanx Chris! The plan for '09 is to stick with the skinny gun. Subject to change.

Happy New Year, my friend!

Nelson, could you have a budding engineer in the family? :surprise: At the very least you have an creative and productive young man there.

I did notice that a couple of those belts seemed to have a much larger diameter than the others. I hope he used reinforced dowels for those. :roflol:

Edited by XD Niner

Nemo, your kids are a class act. :cheers:

Of course it'd be alot easier to keep track of all those gun-belts if you'd make up your mind what division to shoot. B)

Which by the way ........... what gun ARE you shooting in 2009 ???

Thanx Chris! The plan for '09 is to stick with the skinny gun. Subject to change.

Happy New Year, my friend!

Ah...not to change the subject..but...No fair practicing before WSSSC :roflol:

We sure look forward to meeting you There :cheers:

Jim