Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! It's been a crazy couple of days here!

For all sakes and purposes, JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is FULL! :surprise:

Now, some of you have e-mailed me and are sending in your apps as we speak, that's all good!

But, please e-mail me first, before you send in an app if you haven't talked to me, because I'm going to have to start a waiting list, and I'm not Linda Chico and I won't be able to clear a waiting list of hundreds! :unsure:

I think we have some great stages for you and I know you'll all have a great time!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

I posted a round count earlier, and will be sending out another notice to the shooters by e-mail, but, the not so short answer is no.

We don't post the stage descriptions because drawings are pretty useless because the terrain is what makes the stage and we can't really draw that in. Most of the descriptions read engage targets as visible which is pretty non-descriptive. Promise you'll like them when you get here!! :ph34r::roflol:

There is a long rifle(with a little paper)- 400 yards, a mixed rifle with steel and paper - 80-300 yards, a moving things shotgun stage, 2 3-Gun stages, a shotgun/pistol (choicey in the tradition of Johnson), a rifle pistol - with a LOT of pistol, and a rifle/shotgun, You need a rifle sling and some slugs with a total of 12 required throughout the match.

Hope that helps!

I'll give a quick thanks to ALL our sponsors. We're up to about $120,000 now!!!!! What a generous group! :cheers:

Of Course, we begin with our Match Sponsor and Rifle Maker Extraordinaire - JP Enterprises!!

Our Gold Sponsors are: LaRue Tactical, Nordic Components, Sabre Defence, Tactical Machining, Trijicon = Who is also sponsoring the Junior Benefit!!

Our silver sponsors are: Brownells, Burris, TacPro, and Timney Triggers

Our Bronze Sponsors are: Bushmaster, DPMS, Ergo-Grips, Firebird, FNH, MGM, Montana Gold, Spec Ops and Wills and Associates

Many thanks also go to: 3-Gun Stuff, Arredondo, Bar-Sto Precision Machine, Benchmade, Berger Bullets, C&M Target Systems, Cabela's, Cavalry Arms, Choate Gifts, CPWSA, DeCot, Dillon, ESP, Flash Target, Glock, Gram's Engineering, High Plains Shotgun Challenge, HiViz, Hornady, LaserLyte, LensPens, LMS , Machine Gun Tours, Militec, MSTN, NRA Competitive Shooting Sports, Otis, Otto Made This, POF, PRI, Pro Ears, Rugged Gear, Safariland, Sierra, SportEars, Springfield, Stag Arms, Starlight Cases, Starline Brass, STI, TechWear, Triangle Shooting Sports, Truckvault, UniqueTek, Viking Tactics, Warne Scope Mounts, and Wilson Combat :cheers:

See you soon!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Camping spot and rental car already reserved. I am going through the motor home now to make sure everything is ready. Can't wait.

As an added note: Does anyone know how to get in touch with Vance Schmit? Just wanted to let him know that when I packed up to leave the range at FN Midwest 3-gun shoot I found a metal rod that I believe belongs to him, I think it is used to pull down the awning for his motorhome. I will have it with at the RM3G.

Just wanted to let him know that when I packed up to leave the range at FN Midwest 3-gun shoot I found a metal rod that I believe belongs to him, I think it is used to pull down the awning for his motorhome. I will have it with at the RM3G.

Provided he got his awning stored, I am sure he will be thankful. On the other hand, if he is stil there with his awning out, I bet he is mad as a cat in a hurricane. :D

Hey there!

If any of you are signed up, and are NOT going to be able to make it, please let me know ASAP!

I've got a waiting list, and I'm hoping to get some of them in.

It's exciting that we're full and it makes me sad, too! I hate to turn people away! :wacko:

Anyway, see you all soon! We've got some great things in store for you! :ph34r:

Denise

Hey there!

If any of you are signed up, and are NOT going to be able to make it, please let me know ASAP!

I've got a waiting list, and I'm hoping to get some of them in.

It's exciting that we're full and it makes me sad, too! I hate to turn people away! :wacko:

Anyway, see you all soon! We've got some great things in store for you! :ph34r:

Denise

do you have the squad lists yet??

1chota :cheers:

I've never posted squad lists.

If you requested to be with people, I did my best to get you with them.

Some people had 20 others they wanted to shoot with, and I had to break them up!

I did my best, but at this point, with every squad stuffed to the brim, there's no room to change anyway!

I think everyone will be pretty happy! There's a lot of really great people coming to the match!

This weekend, I'll be sending out a note by e-mail to the shooters and I'll post it here with last minute announcements etc!

Take care and see you soon!

Denise

Because it's in the mountains, it does cool off at night. It's still pretty warm most of the time.

Shorts weather! (Oh yeah, I wear shorts in 50 degrees!)

Weather.com has highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's!

There will probably be some rain as well, so bring sunscreen and rain gear and bug spray!

Denise

And JJ says bring snake repellant! (He's got a thing about our slithery friends!)

Edited by Benelli Chick

Because it's in the mountains, it does cool off at night. It's still pretty warm most of the time.

Shorts weather! (Oh yeah, I wear shorts in 50 degrees!)

Weather.com has highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's!

There will probably be some rain as well, so bring sunscreen and rain gear and bug spray!

Denise

And JJ says bring snake repellant! (He's got a thing about our slithery friends!)

That sounds better than 105f

Just sent this note out to all of our shooters!

I wanted to post it here also, as sometimes the e-mails don't like bulk mailings and some of you didn't give me an e-mail.

We're getting very close! :surprise:

Hi there!

We're so glad you're coming out to join us for this year's JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 6-8, 2009. We had some information and reminders we wanted to share with you!

First, the match has been full for over a week. And I think we have some great things in store for you!

We have some new places to shoot as well as a new place for registration and stats. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, the Eagle's Nest (That's the beautiful building on the 1000 yard range) will be JPRM3G Central! We'll do registration and the shooter's briefing there. It's right near stage 3, so that will be convenient.

On Friday, August 7 at 5:30 we have the Trijicon Shooter's Barbeque and Junior Benefit at the Coors Center! We'll get all our sponsors down there including the ones coming to visit and talk to you, so you'll have time to look at products and enjoy yourself. The barbeque is brisket. Don't forget to bring some extra money to donate for tickets for our doorprizes! We have a rifle, and upper, a scope, ears, lots of great prizes. More on that when you get to the range! Our Junior Benefit started last year, and we donated over $1700 each to both the MGM/AMU Junior Camp and the Whittington Center's own Adventure Camp. Juniors are the future of shooting, so we're very excited to have an opportunity to help them! We're hoping to outdo our contributions for last year, so think generous!

In addition to your donations, we will continue our slug on non-slug steel Wall of Shame with the 30 second penalty and $25 contribution to the Juniors. While we like to give the money to our juniors, let's try to have less than 14 people on our Wall of Shame this year!

We are also working on an opportunity for you to get some help resetting stages and for you to donate to the Wounded Warriors project! But, you'll have to wait until you get out here to find out about it!

Please check your ammo before you come on out. Check it with a magnet. Your ammo will be checked with a magnet on the stages and if it sticks to the projectile, you won't be able to use it! Please check before you come so there are no nasty surprises!

You will be shooting 3 stages Thursday and Friday and 2 stages on Saturday. You shoot for 90 minutes, then have 90 minutes to regear and get to your next stage. After your last stage Saturday, you'll have some time to get your lunch, look at the prize table and see how generous and amazing are sponsors have been, and then Thank-yous and Awards. We envision the awards starting at around 3pm. Last year, we almost made it, too!

Prize table and awards will also be at the Coors Center!

Remember, you will need a rifle sling for the match.

Round Count:

Rifle: 66 steel targets from 80-400plus yards, 27 paper targets (93-120 rounds)

Pistol: 27 steel and 43 paper (70-113 rounds)

Shotgun Birdshot: 80

Slugs: 10-12

Stage 1 is the long rifle with a little paper and a bonus target. Stage 2 is a wandering flying bird shotgun stage. Stage 3 will be a long distance 3-Gun, but we've mixed in some choicey targets to mix things up. You will need a rifle sling. Stage 4 is a shotgun/pistol stage in the tradition of Johnson 3-Gun: so many choices. Stage 5 is a gully run 3-Gun where you will need a rifle sling. Lots of targets, lots of distance to cover. Stage 6 will be a no-walk through rifle/pistol stage with some long rifle and the a trench to run and gun pistol. Stage 7 is a wandering rifle stage with steel from 80-350 yards (probably another bonus target) some paper and a little surprise. Stage 8 will be rifle/shotgun with some interesting shooting positions and a mix of birdshot and slugs. We think they will all be a lot of fun. A couple long ones for both shooting distance as well as running distance!

Any last minute questions, please e-mail me quick as JJ and I leave for the range end of July!

We're looking forward to seeing you all!

Denise and JJ

3 Weeks from tomorrow there will be lead a-flying in Raton and no one is talking about it yet.. I am starting not to be able to sleep at night already! :)

What do you mean you’re starting to lose sleep,,,,,?????????????? you you you!!!!!! :surprise:

Ok I'm getting kind of excited and nervous too,,,,

this will be my first RM3G,,,,

I do have my ammo all loaded up!

Jim M ammo

You guys are ahead of the game <_<

I have not loaded ammo

No Practice

Staying awake nights with Saiga on my mind

Desperately Trying to build guns for folks in time for RM3Gun..18 days away :surprise:

You could say a little stress going on around here :wacko:

Jim teeters on the razor edge of insanity :blink: