Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered a STI !

Black Gun

I ordered a STI Eagle 5" 40 with a bushing barrel and it should be here today :D This is my first post but I have been reading a lot of the post on mags, favorite loads and accessories. There is a lot of good information here and a lot of my questions have already been answered,but I am sure there will be more.

First, welcome to the BE Forums. As you've already discovered, there is a wealth of knowledge shared here and some very nice people to boot. :wub:

Congratulations on your new STI. As a welcoming gift for new members, we offer a free break in service for any new gun purchased by you. Please PM me for the address to send it to. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new blaster!

I ordered a STI Eagle 5" 40 with a bushing barrel and it should be here today :D This is my first post but I have been reading a lot of the post on mags, favorite loads and accessories. There is a lot of good information here and a lot of my questions have already been answered,but I am sure there will be more.

Thanks, I will get pics as soon as I get it home. I have been shooting Glocks for a while and like them (all six) but I have a good friend who is a BIG 1911 fan and has been trying to convert me for a long time <_< so I am going to give it a try.

Congratulations on the new blaster. :cheers: I really like both my STIs and have a blast driving them because they have power steering and power brakes.

What kind of shooting do you do?

Bill

Bill,

I have been shooting USPSA for a while and just started to shoot IDPA. I retired to Tennesse from Michigan and there seems to be more IDPA shooters in this area.

First, welcome to the BE Forums. As you've already discovered, there is a wealth of knowledge shared here and some very nice people to boot. :wub:

Congratulations on your new STI. As a welcoming gift for new members, we offer a free break in service for any new gun purchased by you. Please PM me for the address to send it to. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new blaster!

Thanks I will keep that in mind...

Congratulations on the new blaster. :cheers: I really like both my STIs and have a blast driving them because they have power steering and power brakes.

What kind of shooting do you do?

Bill

Bill,

I have been shooting USPSA for a while and just started to shoot IDPA. I retired to Tennesse from Michigan and there seems to be more IDPA shooters in this area.

I should have added I shoot Production and SSP most of the time but now will try Limited 10 ,Limited

Thanks, I will get pics as soon as I get it home. I have been shooting Glocks for a while and like them (all six) but I have a good friend who is a BIG 1911 fan and has been trying to convert me for a long time <_< so I am going to give it a try.

Remember..... that little lever thing on the side is a thumb safety..... not found on a Glock. It took me awhile to remember to use it when gripping the gun.

I suppose you will be shooting limited?

Jerry

Remember..... that little lever thing on the side is a thumb safety..... not found on a Glock. It took me awhile to remember to use it when gripping the gun.

I suppose you will be shooting limited?

Jerry

when trying to use a 1911, I would forget the thumb safety or not fully depress the grip safety then have to figure out which one it was while the clock keeps running :wacko: Glocks do have there good points :rolleyes:

Hummmm! Who would that be?

Well BG, you picked the right toy to shoot both games. I used a 9mm Eagle to shoot ESP so I had to buy a TruBor in order to shoot USPSA. Yes, I had to. :roflol: Your Eagle will be awesome at both games and you will find a very short learning curve.

Good luck

Bill

quote name='AustinMike' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:58 AM' post='878752']

Post some pictures or we won't believe you! ;) Congratulations!

I picked it up this afternoon :cheers: I will try to post pics tommrow ! it needs to be cleaned first...

Congratulations on the new STI! Now the addiction begins: trigger job, sights, different finish ... :roflol:

Ya got that right! :cheers:

A.T.

I think your right :surprise: I didn't even have it cleaned and I was on line looking at magwells,base pads and holsters...

I shot 100 rounds of 180gr factory ammo today Rem & WWB , I used 7 new mags and had 3 FTF that only required a light bump on the back of the slide. I don't think that is to bad for the first time out. Time to work up a new load <_<

I am going to try to post some pics...

post-6448-1230058437_thumb.jpg post-6448-1230058472_thumb.jpg

I shot 100 rounds of 180gr factory ammo today Rem & WWB , I used 7 new mags and had 3 FTF that only required a light bump on the back of the slide. I don't think that is to bad for the first time out. Time to work up a new load <_<

Might try AOL's between 1.180 and 1.20 most 40 S&W 2011's will feed that length.

Might try AOL's between 1.180 and 1.20 most 40 S&W 2011's will feed that length.

Nice looking blaster and that is a really nice looking display platform. I recently bought a 2011 after shooting Glocks for sometime. I still like Glocks for carry and production but man that 2011 is a fine shooting platform.

Nice looking blaster and that is a really nice looking display platform. I recently bought a 2011 after shooting Glocks for sometime. I still like Glocks for carry and production but man that 2011 is a fine shooting platform.

Thanks! the stand is homemade, I want to get some N-320 and work on a load for limited major pf using zero 180gr JHP it seems ot be a popular powder for the 40S&W.