Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 limited

cnote

Quote from a friend agree of disagree??

"For mag extensions, I recommend taylor freelance for the 40's. I use arendondo's for the 9mms. The 9 and 40 tubes are cut a bit differently, and while they both claim to extend your capacity, the arrendondo's are shaped for the 9mm tube while the taylors are shaped to follow the 40 mag tubes. Both re-tend well, with taylors offering a bit better retention and slanted on the sides to fit mag wells easier. Dawson's are good, but the retention mechanism is a bit weak, and I heard a few when dropped comes apart."

Which do you use for limited?? Thank you

I didn't know that the 9s and the 40s mags were different - externally. I have swapped between the two without problems, including stock base pads.

There is a difference between Drop-Free and Non Drop-Free mags though. I've used the Dawsons and the TFs, I have not used the Arrendondos.

There used to be a difference in the Dawson's pads. They used to make one for the NDF and one for the DF mags. If you used the NDF ones on a DF mag, then it can come off when dropped (or the other way around, I forget).

I have 10 of the Dawson pads. Some of them have some pretty good dings on the bottom from being dropped on gravel and various other hard objects and I have never had one come apart that I was not trying to take apart.

When I started with the g35 moving from the g34, I had basepads from TF, Dawson, & Arredondo. I tried all 3 & it seemed to me at least, there was slightly more room left in the mag when loaded in the Arredondo than the other two. That was fairly subjective as they all would hold 20 but the TF were very tight, next was Dawson & then slightly more room was the Arredondo. Slight though it was. Never had a problem with any of them coming off & have been using the Arredondos for 2-3 years with never a problem like that. I believe a person could use any of these 3 equally succesful & they are all good parts.

Oh, I never looked to see how good they looked or how well they fit the profile of the mag. As far as I can see, 9 & 40 mags are virtually identical on the exterior other than the witness holes.

MLM

• 2 weeks later...