Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine champ.

If mister Alamo had been able to produce his highly touted "OVERLAY" Ken probably would have been given the points.

ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor Ken, I feel so bad for him. :rolleyes:

trapr

Finally!!! Some pity for poor little ole' me, there is justice in this world. :rolleyes: Of course I could just slow that second shot down a little and actually put it on the target....

Mike... Was there and watched your scope leave your rifle right in the middle of the stage... I think it looked worse from back in the peanut gallery than from your point of view. I remember a resounding chorus of "Ooohhhhh nnooooo......!" But you recovered amazingly and rattled off those last 18 rounds like your pants were on fire! Smokin'!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If mister Alamo had been able to produce his highly touted "OVERLAY" Ken probably would have been given the points.

ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor Ken, I feel so bad for him. :rolleyes:

trapr

Finally!!! Some pity for poor little ole' me, there is justice in this world. :rolleyes: Of course I could just slow that second shot down a little and actually put it on the target....

Mike... Was there and watched your scope leave your rifle right in the middle of the stage... I think it looked worse from back in the peanut gallery than from your point of view. I remember a resounding chorus of "Ooohhhhh nnooooo......!" But you recovered amazingly and rattled off those last 18 rounds like your pants were on fire! Smokin'!

No scope no need to aim. I think it was probably one of my better stages. Shoot right over the rails. Only one miss!

What does that really say about the rest of the day?

Got it back on and tightened the hell out of it. I only had the truck stage with long targets after that. I started on 7 and I guess it was working loose there, I could not hit on it. I finally finished with one misson it.

Mike

Mike C, congrats! 8th overall!

We had a slow squad but good placement Congrats to all :cheers:

The Brown Dog and I talked on the way home we both thought the match was better than last year. we hope not to see the short Steel activators again though .. I like the best that Silly parts were left out . like last years louse bullets in a drawer. I did not hit the long targets last year but I like longer targets. I could do with out a truck as hard cover.

And with all that if the match cost twice as much and I had to drive four times as far it was still a good event.

:bow: thanks to ALL

And thanks to my friend Merlin for pulling me out of the funk I fell in after a bad stage ;)

I took over 300 photos of the match and as soon as I can go through all of them I will post up the best of what I got.

I dont know everyone's name so I'm not even going to attempt to put names by the photos.

And sorry if I didnt get a photo of you. Maybe if you pass through San Antonio and want me to come and and get some action shots of you I'll be able too.

Mike C, congrats! 8th overall!

Ha, no kidding! Thats cool; Hmmm, who was 7th overall?? :cheers:

You kept me focused, though, cause I figured it might be a little close 'tween us.

So what was stage 5? I actually posted best score of the match on that one. Did they lose a bunch of score sheets or something?

I really liked the match this year, there were a few odd things but, all in all I thought it was a very well done match.

The truck stage could have been thought about a bit more, or targets moved simply for shooter safety.

Food was great, company was great, RO's were great except for that guy on the double mover stage that runs like a transvestite trying to be a girl. :surprise:

given the short target distances I thought the use of tight shots to induce accuracy was excellent.

Stage 5 was the bag stage

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I thought the match was loads of fun, even though my trigger went south on my fifth stage... quickly followed by my concentration!

The shotgun loading instruction by Mr Weak Hand was worth the price of admission. Thanks Kurt!

Bill

Glad everyone had a good time at the match. It was a pleasure meeting some of the BE members.

Thanks to Kurt for letting me look at his rifle and his iron sight set-up. He also gave me a few pointers on shooting an iron sight gun.

I also got a chance to watch Kurt and Trapr shoot there Iron sighted rifle. These guys ROCK.

Congrs to Benny on winning the match.

TSC01.JPG

TSC02.JPG

TSC03.JPG

Thanks for a great match.

Thanks especially to the SOs on stages 1, 2, & 3. I got really sick and these guys were very understanding, offered comfort to someone who really needed it but wasnt able to show appreciation at the time, and helped me complete the match. You guys are real gentlemen, I will be back next year!

Great match: my compliments to the club. Challenging stages. Great bbq lunch. The Brownell gift certificate drawing was a nice touch, too. Worth the long drive and hope to see y'all next year.

My thanks to Doug for the pre-match info...yup, glad I brought the wagon...and always nice to see Jamie again, who's got to be one of the nicest guys around to shoot...or tape...with B)

Curtis

Nice addition to the match for just standing there and smiling as they drew names.... :D

Merlin, I obviously need to work harder on my smiling...and a few other things...before next year if I hope to take anything home to Louisiana :lol:

Curtis

This is a link to the photobucket album of some of the photos I took.

If I missed you I'm sorry.

if you have any questions please shoot me an email at DJCoon.Photography@gmail.com

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv190/DJCoon_Photography/

Nice photos, Davide. Thanks. I guess I need to clean the paster off my hearing protector if I am going to be in someones photo gallery.... :roflol:

This is a link to the photobucket album of some of the photos I took.

If I missed you I'm sorry.

if you have any questions please shoot me an email at DJCoon.Photography@gmail.com

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv190/DJCoon_Photography/

Nice photos, Davide. Thanks. I guess I need to clean the paster off my hearing protector if I am going to be in someones photo gallery.... :roflol:

Just noticed.... i mispelled copyright in every photo other than a few... (copyrigt apparently isn't correct.) so give me a day and ill have the better ones up.

if you want any digital samples of you please let me know what you were wearing by sending me an email @ DJCoon.Photography@gmail.com

Also wanted to say "thanks" for the nice Brownell's gift certificate I won in the random draw. Did Brownells donate them or were they purchased by the club? If they were donated or provided at reduced priced, I'd like to know so I can drop a note to Brownell's thanking them for their support.

Thanks also to Benny and Kurt for them letting me "test drive" their Benelli's after the match, and for Kurts weak-hand shotgun reloading instruction. The rumors are true - I'm drinking the Benny kool-aid and getting a tricked out M2 from him to replace my CM1100.