Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got the confirmation from Springfield... 4 xd's are on the way (all are the 4" service models... two 9mm's, one .40 and one .45). I've also acquired 2 STI 1911 frames (one standard, one forged).

The prize list has been updated. I don't expect any more additions, as the guns and frames pretty much breaks us even for the match.

What I think I'll do with the guns and frames (other than the two that are for the overall champion and the Illinois champion), is allow the division winners choice based on combined order of finish.

Frank

http://milanpracticalshooting.com

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should also mention that we do still have a few slots for the match... I know of a few entries that are still coming in, but today's mail hasn't come in yet. As of right now, we have 196 competitors.

6 slots left for Friday (this can be expanded if needed)

34 slots left for Saturday

2 slots left for Sunday (1 each in two different squads)

I will allow last minute e-mail entries for Friday and Saturday (up until 6pm central time on August 27th). You'll be subject to the $25 late fee ($100 total for the match), and you won't get a t-shirt... but you'll have a slot, rather than having to risk walking in. You can pay at the match.

No Sunday e-mail registrations. With only 2 slots left, it wouldn't be fair to anyone who has already mailed their applications.

Walk-ins are limited to available slots (which means right now... Sunday is iffy.). You don't have to walk-in the day of the match. You can register the evening the before at the Match Hotel, or prior to the day at the range.

As for registering at the match (all competitors), you have three options:

1. Register at the range prior to the day you'll shoot. (We'll be there Thursday-Saturday at least from 6am-4pm)

2. Register the morning of your shoot day. (6:30am-7:30am)

3. Register at the match hotel prior to the day you'll shoot (We'll be at the match hotel from 6pm-8pm Thursday-Saturday)

There will be a mandatory range safety briefing at the range at 7:45am each morning of the shoot (except Friday... that's at 8:45). Shooting will start promptly at 8:00am (again... except Friday... that's 9:00am).

The matchbook on the website is slightly incorrect. The squad matrix is correct, but the times listed just above it should read as follows:

Saturday and Sunday, August 29th – 30th, 2009

6:00am - 7:45am Final stage setup (place paper targets)

6:15am - 7:45am Match Registrat ion at the range

7:45am - 8:00am Shooter safety briefing

8:00am - 12:10pm Competit ion

12:10pm - 1:00pm Lunch break

1:00pm - Until Done Competition

Frank

What if Limited B has more people in it than Revo?

The various divisions are recognized because they are different from one another. Anybody can sign up for any division.

More importantly, it's shooting performance that should be recognized and rewarded. The whole class system is arbitrary and easily manipulated, and we all know it.

The various divisions are recognized because they are different from one another. Anybody can sign up for any division.

More importantly, it's shooting performance that should be recognized and rewarded. The whole class system is arbitrary and easily manipulated, and we all know it.

When you are the MD for Iowa Section you can do it however you want

Whether people agree with you or not is irrelevant. Busting the MD’s balls on here is a little bit tacky, no? It seems you have posted some stuff on here that you regret posting, and then edited it. Just let Frank do what he does, stop whining, and enjoy the match.

While I'm sure he appreciates input, let's remember a few things. The last couple of Illinois sectionals I remeber shooting didn't even have a prize table, and the entry fee was still similar.

Also, the day of the great and grand prize table is well over.

I agree with your post above. The whole prize thing does have a tendency to get people uptight, for a whole variety of different reasons. People will never completely agree on how it should be handled.

Anyway, I think it is now very clear that Frank is trying his best to handle things in a fair way that benefits as many shooters as possible, and I commend him for it.

I'm very much looking forward to shooting the match.

OK, let's consider that settled and get this back on track.

Please, no more discussion in this thread about how anyone thinks prizes should be awarded unless your name is Frank Wolverton. ;)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

On a lighter note.. I am totally stoaked. Went over yesterday and helped frank stuff shooter bags, went home last night and did some reload drills. going to do some draw drills tonight. Got a pair of cleats I am gonn go mow the yard here in a bit and help break them in.. This will be my first non level 1 match that I have shot for uspsa. I am really excited about the stages and the class of ppl comming. I am very excited to see ben comming back I took his class earlier this year and got to see him shoot it was great. It will be nice to see how hiw training has improved him even more. I also get to see Max and Travis shoot . This will alos be my first time Ro'ing a non level 1 match so thats is pretty cool too. I do wish we could get a few more Gm's in production so it would be a clasifier as I shoot these type of field courses soo much better than I do the classifiers..lol.. O well...I have to say frank has been workign very hard and this should be a great match.. Cant wait to see every one there. Ill be the fat reddish blond haired guy on bay 8..lol..say hi and let me know who you are form on here..

See ya next weekend!!!

Better then it was.

I got a steroid shot a couple weeks ago... but it's starting to wear off.

Today (it changes day to day), it's a PITA when I stand, but goes away when I walk around a little bit. If it stays like that, I should be able to shoot the match.

I don't know if we'll be hosting the Illinois Sectional next year. Our section coordinator likes to move it around year to year. We are, however, hosting Area 5 next year.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

We've broken 200. We now have 201 competitors registered... :surprise:

There are still 32 slots left for Saturday... I will allow you to register for Saturday via e-mail (I'll need all of the information from the registration form. Scanning it would be best, but if you can't... type it.). You can pay at the match. You'll be subject to the extra $25, and won't get a t-shirt... but you'll be guaranteed a slot.

I can still get lunches ordered for the next few days, so if you haven't ordered one, let me know. You can pay at the match.

If you have a question about whether you ordered a lunch or not, you can e-mail me.

I will be shooting this Sunday at the Tri-County Gun Club in Polo, IL, so if you want to register then, you can. I'll have some forms with me.

Frank

milanuspsa@gmail.com

Bummer.... back down to 199 :(

Lost 2 competitors today due to surgeries. One for his shoulder (happening on the 27th), and the other for his knee (scheduled for the 31st).

Hope all turns out well for you guys.

The funniest part is... the guy with the shoulder was one of the RO's... he told me he'd still RO, 1 day after surgery, and hopped up on "happy" pills. Ummmm... :roflol:

I told him not worth the liability, especially since I had a back-up on standby.

Frank

I have a shitpile of stuff to do including sending my press back to Dillon for a refresh, but intend on being there afternoon sometime. It looks like good weather for the match, but maybe a few days of rain for setup...lovely. :) It wouldn't be Milan without some rain. lol Better on us that all of you guys though. I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys. I'll be doing setup and on match days I'll be fixit, so if you see a guy on a quad with sticks pasters etc... make sure you say hello.

PS I'll be running water and stuff too, so if you need something give me yell.

JT

Neither can I. I did half-way decent at a match yesterday at the Tr-County gun club... even did decent on the classifier...

Might have been enough to slip me into C class.

Buddy of mine went as well... he's a D shooter... and shot something like 72% on the classifer. He's ticked that it might not count... :roflol:

He's finally starting to apply some of the stuff he learned from Ben Stoeger at the beginning of the year... and is really starting to outshoot his class... :cheers:

Frank

Neither can I. I did half-way decent at a match yesterday at the Tr-County gun club... even did decent on the classifier...

Buddy of mine went as well... he's a D shooter... and shot something like 72% on the classifer. He's ticked that it might not count... :roflol:

He's finally starting to apply some of the stuff he learned from Ben Stoeger at the beginning of the year... and is really starting to outshoot his class... :cheers:

Frank

The database update already occurred. Are you saying there is a way to check before the next update (mid-next month)? If this is the case, I might be moved up as well.

Frank

The database update already occurred. Are you saying there is a way to check before the next update (mid-next month)? If this is the case, I might be moved up as well.

You sandbaggers are safe for this match. :roflol:

@ extremeshot... You worry too much.

If you end up placing well and somebody has a problem with it, then, well, they should take it up with Sedro.

Good luck this weekend. :cheers:

Edited by Chills1994