Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My dad says that he's sending our app's tomorrow. So add three more shooters.

Looking forward to seeing you there, be sure to say hello.

Same. Will do.

Who is the master revo shooter? Mike C. are you shooting Production?

Mike or Doug I would think....

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad says that he's sending our app's tomorrow. So add three more shooters.

Looking forward to seeing you there, be sure to say hello.

Same. Will do.

Who is the master revo shooter? Mike C. are you shooting Production?

Mike or Doug I would think....

Probably Mike. I don't think Doug is shooting this, I hope he is though, he's a wealth of shooting knowledge...

Doug hasn't signed up yet... I'm surprised... he usually makes it out to our bigger matches. He lives pretty close.

Mike is the M Revo shooter.

Speaking of which... we need more revo's... we've got a total of 3 signed up for the match. Although our match sponsor is a revo shooter, and he hasn't sent me his list of shooters yet.

Frank

Yep, c'mon and break out those wheels, boyz!

(CJDoubletap, I think I told you the other day I had signed up for Production, but I was mistaken--because it's right before Nationals, I had decided to shoot the match with Revo.)

We're up to 90... including (at this point) 3 grand masters :cheers: I know of at least 15 more applications that are in the mail, based on squadding requests and e-mails. Looks like I might make my personal goal of 125 at the sectional :cheers:

Here is the current breakdown...

Production (27): 1GM, 1M, 1A, 9B, 8C, 2D, 5U

Limited (25): 1GM, 3M, 5A, 7B, 7C, 1D, 1U

Open (17): 1GM, 4M, 3A, 4B, 4C 1U

Single Stack (13): 1B, 6C, 3D, 2U

Limited 10 (5): 1B, 3C, 1D

Revolver (3): 1M, 1B, 1C

Only 2 1/2 weeks left before the price increase.

I've attached the sign-up form again, since we're on another page in the forums (so you don't have to go looking for it)...

Frank

Entry.pdf

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Picked up a couple more sponsors today. Please, if you have a minute, drop them a note or e-mail thanking them for supporting our match in particular, and the shooting sports in general.

Match Sponsor: Shooting Sports Unlimited

Stage Sponsors: Black Bullets International, Canyon Creek Custom, Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, Montana Gold Bullets, Brownell's

Chronograph Sponsor: Competition Electronics

Gold Sponsors: BrianEnos.com, Shooters Connection, STI International, Starline Brass

Silver Sponsors: Red Dot Shooting, MannyUSA

Bronze Sponsors: ParaUSA, Lee Precision, Wilson Combat, MidwayUSA

Frank

www.milanpracticalshooters.com

Woohoo... we've hit 100 competitors :surprise: Still plenty of room, though...

Plus... 5 GM's :cheers: 3 of them in Limited...

Here's the current breakdown...

Production (29): 1GM, 1M, 1A, 10B, 9C, 2D, 5U

Limited (28): 3GM, 3M, 5A, 7B, 8C, 1D, 1U

Open (20): 1GM, 5M, 3A, 5B, 5C, 1U

Single Stack (15): 1A, 2B, 7C, 3D, 2U

Limited 10 (5): 1B, 3C, 1D

Revolver (3): 1M, 1B, 1C

Frank

http://www.milanpracticalshooting.com

Got a call yesterday about camping... and I promptly deleted the voicemail before I grabbed the number, thinking I'd just recall the number... turned out to be the central switchboard for a Doctor's office... (Yeah... I'm a dumbass).

Anyway... Yes... camping is allowed at the Milan Rifle Club starting at 6pm on Thursday, August 27th. Actually, we'll be there most of the day, so if you show up early, not a big deal.

We do not have power hookups or bathroom hookups. Bring a generator if you need power. We also don't have showers or potable water. It's pretty much a "bring everything you need" type camping. We have a couple porta-johns next to the camping area.

If you want the amenities... there is a KOA about 3 miles from the range... http://koa.com/where/il/13156/

Frank

Frank I never was emaild a password to log onto a squad

Thanks Tom

You might want to check your spam filter... it's a USPSA generated e-mail, with the subject USPSA Squadding System.

If you still can't find it, pop me an e-mail at milanuspsa@gmail.com. I'm obviously not gonna put it up here :cheers:

Frank

We're up to 108... slightly better than 1/2 full.

Friday = 34 (Slots left, if needed)

Saturday = 26 (74 slots left)

Sunday = 47 (33 slots left)

Here is the current breakdown... we've picked up another GM :cheers:

Production (33 Competitors) 1GM, 1M, 1A, 10B, 12C, 2D, 6U

Limited (28 Competitors) 3GM, 3M, 5A, 7B, 8C, 1D, 1U

Open (20 Competitors) 1GM, 5M, 3A, 5B, 5C, 1U

Single Stack (16 Competitors) 1A, 2B, 8C, 3D, 2U

Limited 10 (8 Competitors) 1GM, 2B, 4C, 1D

Revolver (3 Competitors) 1M, 1B, 1C

We need 2 more revolver shooters for the division to be recognized.

Grand Masters = 6

Masters = 10

A Class = 10

B Class = 27

C Class = 38

D Class = 7

Unclassified = 10

Frank

GOOD NEWS...

Per conversations with both our t-shirt supplier and our caterer, I am able to extend the late entry deadline to August 15th...

Therefore... entries postmarked on or before August 15th will not have to pay the extra $25 entry, and will still be able to get a t-shirt.

Frank

Frank,

Sent mine and Kyles apps in yesterday you should see them soon....Eric.

Cool... the two of you would put us up to 115 shooters... :cheers:

Also... for general knowledge... we will be having a raffle at the match this year... we're trying to raise funds to buy the rest of our steel challenge target set.

Tickets are $5, or 5 for $20.

1st prize: Ruger GP100 4" .357

2nd Prize: 5000 Wincester Large WLP Primers

3rd Prize: $100 Montana Gold Certificate

4th Prize: $25 Midway USA Certificate.

Tickets will only be sold at the match, however, you need not be present to win. The drawing will be Sunday during lunch.

Frank

Wish I could make it Frank. That's the weekend I'm moving.

Ouch... oh well... what can you do :rolleyes:

Shoot Friday and move Saturday and Sunday :roflol:

I guess it comes down to how angry am I willing to make my wife. Don't get me wrong, she is incredibly understanding of my shooting addiction. The movers are coming Thursday to pack everything. On friday, they will be loading the moving truck. On Monday, we close on our new house and begin moving in. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my mill. Fortunately, the moving guys are going to bring everything out of the basement--after I've disassembled everything of course. Once the parts are in the garage, I haven't quite figured that part out yet. Technically, I could shoot Sat. or Sun., but I'm planning on helping the mrs. with last minute details, cleaning the house, etc. The other wrench in my gears in the in-laws. They are leaving for vacation and heading to Colorado right in the middle of all of this. They will be there to help with the packing and stuff, but after that, they're heading out. I still don't know for sure what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll make it, but it will be a last minute decision, and it'll depend on how things are going at the house.

Big news coming soon. :blush:

I resigned from my job in February. I've been unemployed since May 4th, but I'm starting a new job with much better pay on 8/3.

Here is the latest version of the entry form, to show the moving back of the late entry date to August 15th.

Here is the current breakdown of competitors (We're up to 118):

Production (34 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 1A, 10B, 12C, 3 D, 1U

Limited (31 competitors): 3GM, 3M, 5A, 8B, 9C, 2D, 1U

Open (23 competitors): 1GM, 5M, 3A, 6B, 5C, 1D, 2U

Single Stack (18 competitors): 2A, 3B, 8C, 3D, 2U

Limited 10 (8 competitors): 1GM, 2B, 4C, 1D

Revolver (4 competitors): 1M, 1B, 2C

We only need 1 more revolver shooter to recognize the division.

Grand Totals (thus far) 6GM, 10M, 11A, 30B, 40C, 10D, 11U

Frank

Edited because I forgot the attachment...

Entry.pdf

This thread kind of reminds me of traveling thru southern Minnesota when you see a sign for Wal Drug South Dakota some 250 miles away from the place. You end up seeing so many of those signs along the way that you feel compelled to just go because you feel as though you already know the place. Anyone who has been thru South Dakota along I-90 understands what I mean. I think it is funny. Love the way Frank just pops this thread back up every now and again as a friendly reminder to us all. Good Job Frank!

I want to go to this match pretty darn bad and I'm trying to convince myself I need to go since I've been lurking on this thread for so long.....

I like the idea of the extended deadline! That helps delay the whole process for me.

It's only 350miles for me. Not like its a long drive or anything....

My class would be recognized as well, M in open or will I shoot in limited division? HMMMM. Sorry for rambling, just typing those random thoughts that are going thru my head. Would be a great tune up match for nationals. Go to the match, or stay home and spend a romantic weekend with my wife? Things that make you go HMMMM.

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't want to over saturate everyone with the match, but I didn't want to let it get forgotten either.

You've got 364 other days you can spend with the wife... :roflol:

At least that's always my excuse... doesn't work all the time :)

We've got people coming from as far as Maryland and Canada (and possibly one from California), so you wouldn't be the farthest one.

Hope to see ya.

As of today, we're up to 120.

Frank