Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match :cheers: Hoser Heaven!! I really had a lot of fun at your match, I would like to thank everyone involved. Great Job

Very nice range too. Frank, where did you get those pasters? They were really sticky, I would buy some for our local club.

This is the first match away from our small club in MN that i have been able to make. What a GREAT experience. Had a great squad! The RO's were professional and did a great job. The match seemed to be very organized for the most part and they kept things moving along. To EVERYONE from the gals checking us in to the Match Director a HUGE thankyou for a job well done.

phil

Be advised... several mistakes have already been identified in the results. I will be going over them in the next couple days.

As the final results were not posted at the range in time for everyone to see, the results ARE NOT final until I've had a chance to go over them, and everyone has had a decent chance to look over them and compare.

Result will go final at 10am central time, Thursday September 3rd.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Great story. Good positive press for an outstanding match. Good job on putting together a great match Frank and staff.

Will the beaver be back for Area 5?

The Beaver will indeed be back. ;)

I have seen the stages and they look sweet. :cheers:

Edited by JThompson

Great story. Good positive press for an outstanding match. Good job on putting together a great match Frank and staff.

Good to hear. I was probably the only one to earn a beaver penalty, and I want another shot at it. The RO said it bounced out of the box but the video shows it barely grazed the box. :surprise:

Good to hear. I was probably the only one to earn a beaver penalty, and I want another shot at it. The RO said it bounced out of the box but the video shows it barely grazed the box. :surprise:

We all want another shot. :rolleyes:

And thanks to y'all for coming. I hope I did a great job for my rookie try and running a major :roflol:

Lots of little things I noticed that I could do better, but I hope that the majority of it went unnoticed by the competitors. A great learning experience preparing for Area 5.

I'd like to take a minute to thank the staff. Obviously, I couldn't have done this match without you. From ALL competitor reports, the RO's were very professional and did their jobs to the best of their ability. Even after getting a bee sting in the neck :cheers:

Also, I'd like to thank Ray Hirst for coming up and RM'ing the match. We can't get much better than Ray for an RM. He has already volunteered to come back up for the Area shoot next year.

I'd also like to thank Jim Thompson for QM'ing the match. His efforts during set-up made our job a lot easier. Very few prop problems, and to the best of my knowledge, not one call for calibration.... which was surprising with the muddy ground.

Lastly, I'd like to thank the competitors. Y'all helped to make this a very successful match. Our attendance SHATTERED the previous record for the Illinois Sectional. Old record was 147. We had 202... :surprise:

I hope to see y'all back for the Area shoot next year. In case you are interested in a last hooraa for the year, our 13th annual Milan Fall Classic will be held October 24-25. It's a level I match, which means you can shoot both days, in different divisions. More info can be found here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=933876

$30, 10 stages. Plaque match only.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Frank,

Thanks for a great match. I think you did a overall fine job. I'm not sure I've done as much shooting on the move in one match in the 10 years I've been doing this. I forgot how much fun it can be.

And, no calibration calls as if anything, the poppers were set extra light.

I'm going to try real hard to make Area 5 there next year.

By the way, who won the raffle prizes?

Thanks again

Joel