Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the prize list done. It's posted over on the website.

The minor prizes (slide lube, t-shirts, hats, ect) are in the competitor bags that you will receive at registration.

The match got so large, I ran out of advertisements that sponsors sent me to put in the bags :)

As of today, we're at 196 competitors.

The t-shirt order went in today, so any entries receive after this point will not receive one. Sorry.

Frank

http://milanpracticalshooting.com

Yes... the Ruger is the only gun in the raffle. That information was posted here on July 25th... here is the link...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1024134

Before everyone starts complaining to much... yes.. I know the prize table is a little lean at the moment. I am working on getting a few more guns. I thought it best to post what I had right now, and update it later if when we get more guns/frames or whatever.

Please note that the prize list does say that it may be updated if more prizes become available.

A couple people have made the assumption that everyone who is registered for the match has paid. I wish that was the case... we'd have one heck of a prize table. However, Almost 1/3rd of the competitors registered in the match are in some kind of non-pay status (i.e. staff, class registrants, sponsor slots).

Don't forget... out of the match money comes staff food, hotels and perdiem, props, targets, paint, pasters, range transport (atv's), scorecards, matchbooks, ect ect.

I have been a lot more open through this forum then I had to be about the match. I could have done like most matches, and just say here's the match, come if you want. I chose not to do that.

Frank

Yes... the Ruger is the only gun in the raffle. That information was posted here on July 25th... here is the link...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1024134

Before everyone starts complaining to much... yes.. I know the prize table is a little lean at the moment. I am working on getting a few more guns. I thought it best to post what I had right now, and update it later if when we get more guns/frames or whatever.

Please note that the prize list does say that it may be updated if more prizes become available.

A couple people have made the assumption that everyone who is registered for the match has paid. I wish that was the case... we'd have one heck of a prize table. However, Almost 1/3rd of the competitors registered in the match are in some kind of non-pay status (i.e. staff, class registrants, sponsor slots).

Don't forget... out of the match money comes staff food, hotels and perdiem, props, targets, paint, pasters, range transport (atv's), scorecards, matchbooks, ect ect.

I have been a lot more open through this forum then I had to be about the match. I could have done like most matches, and just say here's the match, come if you want. I chose not to do that.

Frank

As one who can say "been there, done that" I understand. I am really looking forward to this match, I think that you and staff have already done a great job promoting this match. Until you have done something like this, arrange hotels, staff, food, shirts, stages, organizing everything, budgeting out the funds, doubling checking the details etc, then you have no idea the amount of time it takes to pull this off. Hell just building the EZ winscore database, uploading everyone, making sure that everyone is squadded and that you have worked the flow of the squads out and the schedules is hard enough.

Anyone that goes to a match for the prize table is an idiot. Take your entry fee, hotel, food, gas, ammo and the amount of time spent preparing and getting there and getting back and go order yourself something from one of the forum dealers.

OK...

I don't think the competitors who brought it up were being malicious. I think they were just concerned that some competitors may be disappointed.

BTW... I have a call into springfield for 4 XD's (which was my plan all along). Hopefully that will assuage some.

I don't intend to get pistols for L10 and Revo... 13 and 7 are a little small to justify it. If I get the XD's, they will get the airsoft packages from Manny USA, as well as some other stuff.

Frank

I don't either...

It had been my intention from the beginning to have a raffle... but there is only one gun.

For those that didn't see the raffle information...

Tickets are $5 or 5 for $20

1st prize: Ruger GP100 .357 (already moonclipped)

2nd prize: 5000 Winchester Large Pistol Primers

3rd prize: $100 Montana Gold certificate

4th prize: $25 Midway USA certificate

There may be more prizes, if we have anything left over from the main match.

You need not be present to win. The drawing will be held during lunch on Sunday.

Frank

Hey Frank, I think you've done a great job on the prize tables! I just missed the post about the raffle :P You run one heck of a show in milan and I'm looking forward to next weekend regardless of the prizes that I'll never win! :D

I don't intend to get pistols for L10 and Revo... 13 and 7 are a little small to justify it.

The winners of all recognized USPSA divisions should get first shot at the good prizes, before you start working your way down through all the classes and categories.

I don't intend to get pistols for L10 and Revo... 13 and 7 are a little small to justify it.

The winners of all recognized USPSA divisions should get first shot at the good prizes, before you start working your way down through all the classes and categories.

What if Limited B has more people in it than Revo? Frank has a tough job here, he needs this to be fair for 200 people. Everyone has an opinion about what is fair... Why don't we just chill out and let Frank do his thing. I am sure he will take care of everyone.

What if Limited B has more people in it than Revo? Frank has a tough job here, he needs this to be fair for 200 people. Everyone has an opinion about what is fair... Why don't we just chill out and let Frank do his thing. I am sure he will take care of everyone.

While I'm sure he appreciates input, let's remember a few things. The last couple of Illinois sectionals I remeber shooting didn't even have a prize table, and the entry fee was still similar.

Also, the day of the great and grand prize table is well over. Back in the day, when there was limited and open, it was a lot more common. But, now that we have 6 division, and the economy is in the toliet, it's a lot tougher to have anything, let alone equal amounts for all divisions.

And, I think that a lot of businesses have gotten tired of donating products, and not seeing any return. I know I've spoke to a couple in the past that have told me that very thing.

I like to see awards by merit, even though I don't shoot up to my classification anymore :rolleyes: As things stand, if you're getting anything other than a nifty piece of paper for winning your class in a division, the match is above the curve.

I think Frank has done a great job of just getting almost 200 entries into this match. That takes a lot of work in and of itself, just look at the history recent Ill sectionals and I'm pretty sure his attendance is well above the last 4 or 5 years, at least.

He's trying to do the best he can with what he has, so, give him a break. Come, shoot the match, have fun. If you win something, hey, you're just that much better off.