Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couture or Lesnar

My concern is that Couture is not a young guy. He trains like mad, but he is still 15+ years Lesnar's senior- will he have the gas to take the punishment and still win? I am thinking that Lesnar wins, but I'd love to see Randy win and retire a winner.

I think it will be either Brock with a TKO or decision win, or Couture with an early submission.

Lesnar is a beast, but he doesn't yet understand the submission game. Coulture isn't the best fighter from the bottom and he has had difficulty with big guys who get him on his back.

So the fight will probably end with Brock on top and Randy on his back. The question is whether Randy will be able to submit Brock from the bottom or will Brock smash Randy from the top.

I'll be rooting for Couture :)

I hope experience will win this one. If Randy wins and quits, he'll be a legend for the rest of his life. If he continues he will probably lose whoever they feed him (Nog or Fedor if Dana makes it happen).

Anyone else looking forward to Maia vs. Quarry? Damian might be the next BJ Penn. The guy has sick BJJ!

Edited by spook

Saw the free previews. Can't remember seeing anyone as juiced as Lesnar. He appears purely morbid to me. Thing is an athlete like him less the 30 lbs of HGH would've still kicked the ol' boy a$$. Perhaps even sooner. S#it's gonna kill 'em. Just saying.

Jim

Everyone is always talking about "juiced" when it comes to Lesnar, yet he has never failed a drug test. True, HGH is incredibly hard to catch, but Lesnar has been huge since his college days. Passed the NFL's test, passed the CSAC test, passed the NSAC test. If he is "juicing" he is at least smart enough to time it so he is clean for his fights.

I was a bit confused last night when they had Couture and Lesnar fighting for the Heavyweight Championship and advertising Noguiera and Mir for the Interim Heavyweight Championship. Guess they had created the Interim during Randy's pout session and since he came back they were stuck with it. Should see a consolidation match late spring/early summer. If Lesnar can deal with Noguiera, or revenge his loss to Mir then he will have cemented himself as a serious contender and not just a curiousity. But that begs the question, who can the UFC bring in to challenge him?

Anyone catch the belly kiss he gave his wife? Guess Lesnar Jr is on the way. Congrats to them!

Everyone is always talking about "juiced" when it comes to Lesnar, yet he has never failed a drug test. True, HGH is incredibly hard to catch, but Lesnar has been huge since his college days. Passed the NFL's test, passed the CSAC test, passed the NSAC test. If he is "juicing" he is at least smart enough to time it so he is clean for his fights.

I have a friend who used to train with Jeremy Horn. Jeremy told him once that there were two other fighters (besides himself) in the UFC that didn't juice that he knew of (B.J. Penn and I can't remember the other). This was around 2005.

All these guys are smart enough to not get caught. With the amount and intensity training they do it becomes extremely difficult to get by without.