Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The beauty of Google sketchup in real life

Bah.... you all are turning into your parents... you remember how they said our music was unintelligible noise? Through high school my nickname was "TTSD" turn that shit down... :P

Nice video there kid... don't let the old people give you crab about your musical selection, even if it does suck. :D

How long does it take to draw up all those stage in sketchup I wonder...

Actually with the templates it is quite quick to put things together. I actually find it faster than using Powerpoint or word like I used to do. The end result however I think is light years ahead of 2D systems and vastly better than the old "stage cad" that I played with a few years ago.

Then the "walk through" vids are only a few keystrokes and mouseclicks away....

Uhm..... at 3:44 into the video he shoots a target that is in a hole right in between his feet? That looks insanely dangerous. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the target/shooter relationship in the clip but I watched it a couple of times and he appears to fire a shot very close to his feet.

-ld

Uhm..... at 3:44 into the video he shoots a target that is in a hole right in between his feet? That looks insanely dangerous. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the target/shooter relationship in the clip but I watched it a couple of times and he appears to fire a shot very close to his feet.

-ld

Close but not quite..........

It is shot through a hole in the drawbridge....but if you get to the point where you are actually shooting between your feet............you cannot see the target.

If you are past the line you can see on the bridge while shooting you have broken 90.

This shooters view gives a better perspective............well except that the shooter almost forgot that target.

http://gs81.photobucket.com/groups/j210/8D...t=TwoTowers.flv

Edited by stormbringer

-ld

Close but not quite..........

It is shot through a hole in the drawbridge....but if you get to the point where you are actually shooting between your feet............you cannot see the target.

If you are past the line you can see on the bridge while shooting you have broken 90.

This shooters view gives a better perspective............well except that the shooter almost forgot that target.

http://gs81.photobucket.com/groups/j210/8D...t=TwoTowers.flv

So you can be within inches of your feet and engage the target? :surprise: Scary.

-ld

I don't like the proximity of the port to the feet. As an RO I would definitely be on alert for sweeping as the competitor moved in and out of those positions. Is it unsafe? I don't know. I am only seeing it in a video. I do think it bears examination.

-ld

I don't like the proximity of the port to the feet. As an RO I would definitely be on alert for sweeping as the competitor moved in and out of those positions. Is it unsafe? I don't know. I am only seeing it in a video. I do think it bears examination.

-ld

Oh the R/Os were definitely on their toes when running this stage. Mind you I think that we should always be on our toes as R/Os but I know that it is not always possible.

As a matter of fact we had to select R/Os with the ...........ahem....... Physical ability (yes lets call it that) to mount the stairs every time so they would be able to judge the matter for this stage.