Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Dad

Micah

Again, thank you to everyone that has extended their best. I love this community!

Bad news though...my mom is sick as hell and quarantined herself at her sisters house, as my fathers surgery is in 2 days. It looks like I will be stepping up for the lead supportive role. Not that I mind camping out at the hospital alone...it's just I know that it is killing my mother to not be there. Dad is doing well with all of this...I just got off the phone with him and he is just happy as hell that the Bucs beat the crap out of the Wolverines.

Random thought: I wonder if they have wifi (doubtful). I could set up a mobile Skype system so that they could interact. Hmmmmmm....

Random thought: I wonder if they have wifi (doubtful). I could set up a mobile Skype system so that they could interact. Hmmmmmm....

Micah,

the hospital system I'm training in has Wi-Fi installed specifically for the patient's rooms --- so maybe.......

And it's a system in a fairly small city (80K or so).

Baruch at'a adonai ... :bow:

Tomorrow I'll put my mother on it. Something known in my family for a while now: when my mother prays G_d listens.

The prayers of our members in these forums have magic too. I should know, as these prayers have sustained me and put a very positive spin in my own health issues battle. The prayers of our members and their kind words brought tears to my eyes as I endured the ICU, and gave me the needed resolve to fight to the point where soon it will all be history. Thank y'all.

Your father is in G_ds hands and in our prayers, both for your father and to give you the stamina to be there for him. "This too shall pass..."

Venry

At the hospital now...Dad goes in at 11:30a and his surgery is scheduled for 1p. Amazingly the hopital (Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton) has wifi...so I will at least have the internets to keep me occupied. He's nervous now...but had the energy to play racquetball this morning.

We are in recovery now. The surgeon said that the surgery was successful, but he had to do some additional reconstruction of his stomach.

Now we play the game of ice chips and smacking the Duledid button every time it glows. Whenever his pulse-ox drops below 80 I have to bitch at him to take deep breaths...something that nobody wants to do after being cut on. It is going to be a long couple of nights here at the hospital, but I believe that the worst part is over.

I really cannot say it enough...thank you everybody for all of the groovy vibes that you have been sending my way. I want to thank each one of you out on the range one day :)

Of yes the old oxygen percentage. My Dad would get so mad when I would remind him to breathe in thru his nose, out thru the mouth. Those nasal cannula only work when you inhale thru the nose. He got mad, but you always try to do the best for our loved ones. Hang in their Micah, You can laugh about later.

Dad came home this morning, and is looking pretty good! He looks like a villain out of a Resident Evil videogame with all of the tubes that he still has in him.

Once again, thank you all for sharing this ordeal with myself and my family. This is one of the best communities a person can be a part of :)