Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

09 MGM Ironman

TG

Any word on round counts for each weapon and load?

I'll find Jimmy Hoffa before I can find some 68gr Black Hills 223 ammo.

I have a quantity of Black Hills 68 gr. give me til Saturday to look it up and I will get back in touch.

1Chota

A check of my stock reveals I had shot all but half a box of the 68 grainers. I am sorry I couldn't help.

1chota

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preperations for the Match are going great. I can't wait for that first ride down the Zip Line. Our Sponsors have really stepped up for us this year. The generousity of the companies that support the shooting sports never ceases to amaze me. Here is a list of our confirmed sponors for 2009. They are supporting us so lets support them.

Major Match Sponsor-DPMS

Premier Match Sponsors- Cavalry Arms, Larue Tactical and ATK

Stage Sponsors- Bushmaster, COM Hosters, Tactical Solutions, Warne Scope Mounts, Ergo Grips,

Primary Weapons Systems, Leupold, Gemtech, GS Arms, Safariland

Midlevel Sponsors- Springfield Armory, Patriot Ordnance Factory, Glock, Matt Burkett Video, Crimson Trace,

Tech Wear, Schueman Barrels, Grams Engineering, Electronic Shooters Protection, Trijicon,

Tactical Response 5.11, GG&G, GlockWorx, McMillan Firearms, Starlight Cases, BAE Systems,

Anythingfromwood.com

RO Sponsors- Eye Safty Systems(ESS), Blackhawk

Shooter Sponsors- Eberlestock, Viking Tactical, Nightforce Optics, Brownels, STI International,

Redding Reloading, Camelbak

Match Contributors- Brass Magnet, Dillon Precision, Tactical Attic, EJ Redding Holsters

New Sponsors are being confirmed everyday now.

Contact me if you would like your company to be on this list there is still time.

Ty Mabry

Sponsorship Coordinator

2009 MGM IRON MAN 3-GUN

ty@mgmtargets.com

I had a really fancy breakdown by stage and gun to post, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to get it on here correctly, so here you go.

Rifle 333

Pistol 322

Shotgun 250

Slug 69

Buck 7

LR rifle 10

Total Rounds 991

So as you can see, I have done my best to lower the shotgun count and raise the rifle count which is what a lot of you asked for on your "comment cards" last year.

We actually have seven new pits this year which I am going to turn into one large stage. Also as a result of your requests, we have decided to remove the Truck Stage which was stage 8. If you liked this stage I am sorry, but the majority of the shooters didn't. We have replaced it with something I think everyone will enjoy however. It is a surprise so I can't give you any details.

Let me know if you have any questions. If I can get stage drawings put together any time soon, I'll send those out too. IT'S TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!! :cheers:

Adios,

TG

Travis.. comparing this to last years:

>>

Rifle - Min 218 Max 326

Pistol - Min 277 Max 453

Shotgun - Min 235 Max 333

Slug - Min 67 Max 88

Buck - 21 min

Long range rifle - 10 min

Total - Min 828 Max 1231.............if you don't miss!!!

<<

Is the 991 the min or max number?

Travis.. comparing this to last years:

>>

Rifle - Min 218 Max 326

Pistol - Min 277 Max 453

Shotgun - Min 235 Max 333

Slug - Min 67 Max 88

Buck - 21 min

Long range rifle - 10 min

Total - Min 828 Max 1231.............if you don't miss!!!

<<

Is the 991 the min or max number?

That is two rounds on every paper. The min and max last year took into account for shooting some targets that were either SG or Pistol, both with pistol or both with SG. It is confusing.

The way I have it listed above is how 95% of the shooters are going to shoot it. This probably raises more questions than provides answers, but oh well.

Adios,

TG

That is two rounds on every paper. The min and max last year took into account for shooting some targets that were either SG or Pistol, both with pistol or both with SG. It is confusing.

The way I have it listed above is how 95% of the shooters are going to shoot it. This probably raises more questions than provides answers, but oh well.

Adios,

TG

So there will still be some free style choices for the shooter as to what gun they use? I really liked that aspect last year.

I don't care about the round count (I always bring way too much).

Adios,

TG

So there will still be some free style choices for the shooter as to what gun they use? I really liked that aspect last year.

I don't care about the round count (I always bring way too much).

Come on Russell!! You know us!! Of course there will be "options"!

Adios,

TG

No more truck stage...? I'm not sure what to say..

How about WOO HOO!

I thought that might be the response.

Adios,

TG

Sorry, But I don't agree. I would much rather ride than walk, as far as the truck stage is concerned

As far as round count I was hoping for more shotgun and less pistol.....But I can handle all the rifle you want to throw at me..

Scott

I will certainly miss the truck stage. We have our "War Wagon" (aka; Idaho School of Driving) 2 weeks before. It is great preperation for that stage. I think too, it may have been my best stage last year. :(

Would a retention holster be a good idea for this match?

If you have a Safariland with roto hood, it doesn't hurt and may help keep your gun in place on some of the more extreme stages. This match is not won or lost by draw times. There's been a couple times I was glad to have retention.

From looking a the squad list there doesn't seem to be very many iron sighted shooters.

Do we have a count??

If there only a handful I may just switch and shoot scoped tactical instead.

I just counted 6 including John B. who shot limited last year.......

Scott

Edited by Big Bore

So how far are the LR targets? How big are they? Are they flashers or static steel? Will a heavy .223 (75) be enough to move or make a big enough splash on the target?

What's the elevation of the range?

What type of temperatures should I expect and dress for?

Thanks.

So how far are the LR targets? How big are they? Are they flashers or static steel? Will a heavy .223 (75) be enough to move or make a big enough splash on the target?

What's the elevation of the range?

What type of temperatures should I expect and dress for?

Thanks.

Plan on knowing your zero from 5 yards to 600 yards.

Temps will be hot for us east coasters.

Dry sandy conditions, unless it is raining.. bring plenty of sun screen.

75g will activate the targets fine, size will depend on distance, they could be 6", 8" 10" or larger.

Stage3: first long-range target has been set out at a appx 750 yd +/-. It's is a 24x24 inch plate.

The second target is a flash target has been set out at appx 550 yd +/-.

Elevation 2550' +/-.

Wind usually west to east cross wind - variable.

Humidity usually in the teens.

A spotter will be looking for hits through a spotting scope.

Also, I see that Travis has posted the round counts on the MGM website!

Here's a pic of the range with north being at the top.....

[spelling edit...]

post-787-1241818095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sterling White

Stage3: first long-range target has been set out at a appx 750 yd +/-. It's is a 24x24 inch plate.

Elevation 2550' +/-.

[spelling edit...]

In the last couple of months, the club has also added 7 new pits on the east side of the pits just south of the clubhouse (to the left of the suprise stage for those of you that have been there before). I am going to make this one big stage. Should be fun.

Adios,

TG

Elevation 2550' +/-.

[spelling edit...]

In the last couple of months, the club has also added 7 new pits on the east side of the pits just south of the clubhouse (to the left of the suprise stage for those of you that have been there before). I am going to make this one big stage. Should be fun.

Adios,

TG

INSANE!!!

Stage 3:

The long stuff, you can use a different staged rifle. They're more of a bonus, time deducted for hits. Lots of people spend way too long shooting at them for the points (if any) they might get.

The farthest 'normal' targets are about 400.. 55's move them fine. And that's still stage 3. There's only 2 or so?

After that stage, ranges are more like a normal match 5-300yds

More hot and try then anything else. (but bring rain gear), and sometimes you end up shooting quiet late, unless your squad hustles.

I have also been there when you have to wear a jacket most of time due to the fact that it can be kind of chilly in northern Idaho in early june. On of the important things is that you REALLY need to know your zero on your rifle, Where does it shoot at 20, 40, 60 and 80 yards. You need a good 100yd zero on your shotgun. And the MOST importantant thing is this: Can you still shoot your gun after holding your breath for 5 min. :)

Scott

Can you still shoot your gun after holding your breath for 5 min. :)

Scott

Match is a month out...still time for getting on an exercise routine. Amazing how much difference 30 minutes on a bike 5 days a week makes for this match. I just got an elliptical set up instead of the bike I've been using for the past few weeks. While I'm not the picture of fitness, it certainly helps me not feel like I'm going to die in the middle of a stage.

Edited by SinistralRifleman