Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next World Shoot

race1911

Saturday night we'll know for sure.....Greece or USA.....it'll be real interesting to see which way the European contingent votes.....also, even if you win you don't have to specify the city it will be held at , how then do they present a decent proposal including transportation and hotels etc if they don't include where it is to be held ??..........oficial word from the GA.....GREECE...by only 1 vote, 24 to 23

Edited by race1911

Saturday night we'll know for sure.....Greece or USA.....it'll be real interesting to see which way the European contingent votes.....also, even if you win you don't have to specify the city it will be held at , how then do they present a decent proposal including transportation and hotels etc if they don't include where it is to be held ??

At the GA's that I have attended the RD normally has a pretty good idea where the match would be held so they have pictures of that range, hotel availability etc. In the past the question about accomodation and match fees would arise and the RD would need to be able to give some ball-park figures about cost. But bearing in mind the 3-year wait, costs will not be known to any degree of accuracy regardless of the location.

Saturday night we'll know for sure.....Greece or USA.....it'll be real interesting to see which way the European contingent votes.....also, even if you win you don't have to specify the city it will be held at , how then do they present a decent proposal including transportation and hotels etc if they don't include where it is to be held ??

Interesting?????????? Every been to Europe? I'll be surprised VERY surprised if it comes here.

Ive never been out of the country, so it would be cool to see it in Greece. Plus I think it would be veeery difficult to get a slot if it was held here in the States, what with everyone wanting to go. Might be easier to get a slot if it was held elsewhere.

I am not betting on the US winning the selection for the next WS. 2008, SE Asia, 2005 South America, 2011 Likely Southern Europe, if we are to get a WS, I would bet more on 2014 and we'll have to compete with South America since they will likely be cheaper than the US as a destination.

All said, I'd like to see us, the US win the selection. I can't drive to Greece, but I can drive to Tulsa.

Jim

I'm opting for Greece as well, better chance for getting a spot and like AikiDale would also like to take pictures. Will surely look for a place to scuba dive too :cheers:; and second to shooting the WS...having Mediterranean food.

I'm kinda pissed it's not in Tulsa, which is only a few short hours drive away from here....

But having recently been to Athens, I can't wait to go back, and this match has been put on my calendar. :cheers:

Rumor has it that it would have been PASA.

Saturday night we'll know for sure.....Greece or USA.....it'll be real interesting to see which way the European contingent votes.....also, even if you win you don't have to specify the city it will be held at , how then do they present a decent proposal including transportation and hotels etc if they don't include where it is to be held ??..........oficial word from the GA.....GREECE...by only 1 vote, 24 to 23

It is gonna be around $4000.00 for all expenses to get there. Just got a qoute from

priceline.com. I wanted to see how much it would cost to Europe. better start saving now...

Hallo guys.

I am very happy that the World Shoot XVI will be in my country! Also i will waiting to meet you everyone from this forum

to the range! Send me PMs before come.We have a lot of wine to drink before match!!! :roflol:

I second that. Where can we find information on how to acquire a slot?

Typically at the end of the year (prior) MV sends out a request for those that want a slot to email him. There may be other requirements, this season we had the qualifier matches for the WS so expect that to continue next time as well. Just have to wait and see what the criteria will be.

Hallo guys.

I am very happy that the World Shoot XVI will be in my country! Also i will waiting to meet you everyone from this forum

to the range! Send me PMs before come.We have a lot of wine to drink before match!!! :roflol:

I'll take you up on that offer!

:cheers:

I second that. Where can we find information on how to acquire a slot?

Typically at the end of the year (prior) MV sends out a request for those that want a slot to email him. There may be other requirements, this season we had the qualifier matches for the WS so expect that to continue next time as well. Just have to wait and see what the criteria will be.

The qualifiers were just for the US Gold Team. They didn't have any effect on whether you got a slot or not to the shoot. Around 2010 just start bugging MV if you want a spot. I don't think anyone has not gotten in if they really want. With it being in Greece, I'm sure there will be spots available. Now if it was in Tulsa, I would imagine there would be some additional issues.