Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building Airsoft Open Gun

shoot

I need help in order to build a basic airsoft open gun.

I'm going broke shooting so much 9mm. I have turned recently to the dark side ... Open .... yes I dryfire but have a great airsoft setup at home that I used for production/SSP with my glock 17 KWC airsoft. It truly spoiled me shooting airsoft everyday along with my dry fire drills. I need an airsoft open gun bad but don't want to spend fortune as I already have.

A friend bought a Limcat SV w/ C-More Sight, Custom Race Gun . He spent a lot and it's broken constantly. I want a better way .

I am just wanting to buy a solid airsoft 2011, stick a magwell and compensator on it then mount my spare cmore then call it done.

Sounds easy to me but it isn't. Has anyone built a solid race gun on the cheap ?

Where do I start? I'd like this thread to just lead to the most basic of basic usable airsoft workhorse open gun that will give me same sight index on draws and transitions etc. I will dedicate a spare holster to it so it doesn't have to be a match in looks at all. Just same index

OK i got ya ... Exactly the help I wanted.

I just wonder what parts are interchangeable. Would these work on a WE, WA or Caspian 2011?

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/den_search.jsp

PIR168 Product Name WE Hi Capa 5.1 Government Magwell

PIR207 Product Name PDI SG Compensator For Marui Hi Capa 5.1 Government

MSMP239SV Product Name G&P Scope Mount Base For Marui Hi Capa Series (Short) (Silver) (GP719B)

Also so many compensators ... negative thread vs positive thread etc

I am starting to feel there is hope here.

Edited by shoot

I have been searching the airsoft forums but there is nothing about doing what I want to do .

How to build a basic low cost open gun is the topic.

My open gun is a darn race car that is very finicky with fuel and is an adventure from tuning mags to loading ammo etc etc. It's a race car.

I want a darn pick up truck airsoft race gun. Simple and basic. They weigh about 3lbs without a mag so that is darn close to my open right out of the box. I should be good to go with a magwell and mount for my cmore.

I do however not want to reinvent the wheel if there is common knowledge available. Airsoft forums don't have anything on this topic. If anyone sees something let me know. I continue to search but will begin buying parts then making them work Monday.

Thank you for all the info. This is going to work. It's amazing what one can do with a fools mentality to go where brave men more knowledgeable dare not go. lol

You can buy already made open guns, but they cost a ton.

The answer is if you want something basic and cheap to buy a basic gun and drill and tap the frame for the same scope mount you already use, put your cmore on and voila it's an open gun.

I own two of these, and they are the shit!!! One is set up for open, the other for limited. Makes practice in the basement realistic!!! Airsoft Surgeon is THE AUTHORITY for airsoft competition guns. He builds them for all the Japaneese IPSC shooters. He has them from $400-$2700. If you want the best...he is the man. Otherwise convert a 5.1 Hi-Capa and do it on the cheap.

See ad:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tegory?menu1=20

Airsoftsurgeon Dragon Ringo Competition Pistol (Full Metal Body) - (PRE-ORDER)

A mythical weapon for serious collector and shooter! Full steel lower receiver (with 2011 engraving), ported barrel with aluminum rear slide for quick blowback cycling action. The entire pistol was carved out of steel and aluminum using precision CNC machining. Very appealing silvery chromed surface for extra BLING. Authentic laser engraving on chamber block. Rigid and heavy framework, together with Full CL Airsoft Surgeon internal upgrades with many custom made parts, this weapon is capable of doing over 360fps of power using RED GAS. This pistol uses the original WA HI-CAP design (pre - SCW design) which all experienced airsofters know is far superior in terms of performance and reliability. Compatible with Top Gas also. STI grip with STI engraved mag well, custom CNC'd hammer and lightened safety for fast activation and deactivation (for competitive IPSC shooting). Beautiful CNC'd fish-scale pattern on slide gives you a firm grip for pulling the slide back. Fiber optic front sight.

We know this is a very expensive piece. It is a hand-bulit custom gun from the ground up with very little production parts. Recommended for IPSC airsoft shooters only and not for the casual player.

Click here for more pictures.

Airsoft Surgeon recommends to cock the hammer during magazine loading and unloading to avoid the long hammer pin being bumped and damaged by the magazine. This is standard practice on all competition pistols with enhanced valve pins for extra power.

Product Brand Airsoftsurgeon

Product Code CL-GBB-RINGO Hop-Up NONE

Weight 1,180 g Length 242.0 mm

Capacity 33 rds Power 360.0 fps

Power Source Top Gas, Red Gas Blowback YES

Shooting Mode Semi

Price (USD) $2,780.00 Out of Stock Stock Alert

post-2912-1224912394_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, one can do alot of DIY works to make theirs perform better.

There's alot of DIY hacks online that you can replicate.

TM's good, but quite abit needs to be spent if you're going for the metal slide and all.

WE's Achilles heel is it's own weight. It's internals are made of pot metals which is quite soft with accelerated wear and tear IMHO.

A good & cheap candidate is the KJW's KP-05 or KP-06. It's full metal & the internal's are with real metal, so it's good for high milers. It also comes with adjustable triggers and two mags (1xpropane gas, 1xCO2)The downside is the slide's pretty heavy hence the slow return to battery. A set of 150% recoil spring set will make it much better.

There's a cheap C-More Serendipity replica selling for around USD50.00.

That sir, I'm not sure as I haven't got mine. But from what I read, it's zeroable. There's other choices as well. Like the replica Docter sight (have one of those mounted on AEGs. Both windage and elevation is adjustable).

• 4 months later...

any recommendation to C-more clone available CONUS? i recently contacted Redwolf and they have that RD Dynamics fit perfectly for my Hi-Capa 5.1. that is $99 and i asked for shipping they ignored that question :surprise:

i tried manny he doesnt have the c-more style.

any recommendations?

Don't bother with the RD C-more clone. The reflective optical coating on the lens is rather low quality and reflects back much more light than just the red LED. In bright conditions such as outdoors the sight is barely usable.

Midway frequently has C-more railway sights on sale for $199. Right now the Intregral mount version is on sale for $199. A hacksaw and a file will convert the Intregal mount version to fit your airsoft mount.

C-more railway

C-more Intregal mount

• 3 weeks later...

I have a $60 C-More clone on my airsoft gun - it is excellent. I got the one that is a blatant copy, down to the engraving of "C-More" and everything from Ebay. My impression:

- For a real gun get the real deal and support C-More. For your $100 airsoft, the knockoff seems OK.

- Overall fit and finish in terms of plastic molding is better on the knock-off when compared to my real C-more. Less mold flash etc.

- Hardware on the knock off is low quality and not as nice/precise.

- My airsoft with $60 C-More holds zero perfectly and does a great job even outdoors in full sun.

- The dot crispness is better on the knock-off!

Edited by jid2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of my open airsoft. It's a WE Tech CQB Master with the mentioned HK special $60 C-more clone. The gun is all metal and comes with the magwell and 2 mags for $110 or something like that from evike.com.

104_1566.jpg

104_1568.jpg

Close up of grinding of the rear fixed sight for C-More clearance.

104_1567.jpg

Edited by jid2

• 1 month later...

Very good. I went through a couple of overseas red-dots. they are all different and vary greatly in quality. You could easily waste your money, I have, because some have terrible dots, are hard to zero, and are phillips/ not hex (easily stripped). Here is a good one below. Definitely ask someone who has one before you buy. You could waste your money and if that happens you should have just bought a C-More instead. Maybe I will take pics of some of the ones I have.

Well the link did not show, it might be because the video is on facebook.

Here is pics of some that were good.

post-14235-007127800 1290709463_thumb.jp

post-14235-015754100 1290709771_thumb.jp

Edited by sfpmb

• 4 weeks later...