Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun

rjkelso

I would like a STI. Can't have one. Barsto is 2475.00. Sig 226 X5 .40cal is available, they look nice, and feel nice. Never shot one. They are less than 2k for the Competition model.

I'm not in a hurry.

Please advise.

Rick

I also live in Ca and your choice is limited. I went with a Glock 35 for a while and them went to a Para 1640 limited.

There was one listed on calguns.net Stainless steel, with a fitted 45 cal upper. Not a bad deal. CZ Tactical Sport is also a great choice and one of the best values.

Sir:

The Sigs are reliable but I don't think that they are worth that much cash. They are nice but that is alot of money especially for a firearm you haven't handled before. If your interested in it you should go feel one out. There are tons of nice options in the way of limited in my opinion. Para may be an option if you like a wide body style 1911. I'm not sure what is on your gun roster in Cali though. You can buy a nice Para limited for low cost. The guys may bash me on this but I shoot everything from ST's To Sv's and I still love the way para's feel. But it's a personal preference and I suggest you feel out as many options as you can before you make a decision.

Hey bro just trying to give you some options, but def. feel out and shoot as many different firearms as you can. Don't hesitate to shoot something just because everyone else does. Its what fits you the best, and what works reliably, and has an ass load of capacity.

Hope this helps.

Doesn't Kommie-fornia have a mag capacity thing in place? If he is buying a Glock, EAA, CZ, or S_I then how is he going to get 19-21 rd capacity mags unless buying them from another individual? Sort of defeats the purpose of limited...?

Of course you could always move to Texas :cheers: we got plenty of room.

I live in Calif. and own a SV that I bought 14 yrs ago. But I wanted to try a steel frame gun. Bought a Para with the PXT extractor and SA magwell, had a 2 lb. trigger job done on it with tool steel parts and had the mag catch welded at a muffler shop, fitted it myself and using my SV mags. The gun shoots with a stock barrel and bushing easily a 2" or less at 25 yds. 180gr, OAL 1.175 with 4.5 TG.

The deal with the L10 idea is that, would you think here in Calif, there would be alot of shooters doing it and even more so with new guys coming into the sport but its not TRUE!!!!!!

Most make their way into Limited or Open!

Get a Para make the S_I mags work, in case, you do get a S_I, in the future and enjoy the sport.

Best to just bite the bullet and get a Barsto or SV. If stick with the sport you'll probally end up getting one in the end after spending twice the cost of one on 3 or 4 "starter" guns like I did.

Best to just bite the bullet and get a Barsto or SV. If stick with the sport you'll probally end up getting one in the end after spending twice the cost of one on 3 or 4 "starter" guns like I did.

+1

Do it right the first time; you'll be glad you did.

Doesn't Kommie-fornia have a mag capacity thing in place?

news to most of us... ;)

Butch you're killin me :roflol: