Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NROI Online Testing

Kimberley

Hi there,

I posted this on the NROI website and USPSA forum today. Thought I would spread the word here as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Exams Now Active

The online exam system for NROI-certified officials is now up and running. If you've been expired for six months or less you will be able to log in to the member lookup at www.uspsa.org to take the exam online. Here are some general guidelines on how this will work:

1) Membership must be current to access this feature.

2) Members will get instant results once an exam is submitted for scoring. No more waiting for the mail to find out if you passed!

3) Exams can be started, saved, and completed at a later time. If you don't get it all done in one sitting, no worries, the system will save your progress and allow you to go back to finish later.

4) If you have difficulty with an exam, or a question about your results, we will be able to log in and see exactly what you're seeing.

5) Officials will have three (3) chances to pass the exam. This should be more than adequate. If you find that you are unable to pass the exam within three tries, we will be happy to pair you with an instructor for some remedial training. We want to help you succeed!

6) Exams can be printed so you'll have a copy for your records, if you so desire.

7) Members will need their PIN to access the exam from the member look up page. The PIN is a 7 digit number which may be found on your Front Sight mailing label. Each issue of Front Sight will contain a new PIN, and the pins on your two most recent issues of Front Sight will be accepted by the system.

(It's generally much easier to remember a password you chose than to remember a 7 digit number which changes every time a new Front Sight comes out. You may use your PIN to configure a personal access password which will not change with each issue of Front Sight. You may use your personal password, or the PIN from your most recent copy of Front Sight magazine to change your password at any time. Please follow this link to go to the page that will allow you to set a personal password.)

8) If you have been expired for more than six months, please email us at nroi@uspsa.org and we'll send you a long version of the exam as per NROI policy. Officials expired for more than a year will be required to take the course again. Please see this page for all of our recertification policies.

9) Once you successfully pass the exam, NROI HQ will be notified and will send out your new packet confirming recertification. You do NOT need to call the office to let us know you've passed or failed. However, persons who pass their exam will not see their updated certification reflected on the classification page until after the next monthly update, starting with the November 2008 update.

10) We will be changing from quarterly exams to monthly. This means that once a month we will add exams for anyone set to expire the next month. For example, if you are due to expire in November, the exam will be added to your classification page in October.

That's it! Thanks so much for all your patience with us during this process. :)

Kimberley

Nice.. very timely for me..

Mine expires this month.. I don't see any link though..

Maybe I'm not logging on correclty? Where is the link to logon? Is that the normal 'members' link.. and I have the pin from Front Sight.. but what userName do I use.

7) Members will need their PIN to access the exam from the member look up page. The PIN is a 7 digit number which may be found on your Front Sight mailing label. Each issue of Front Sight will contain a new PIN, and the pins on your two most recent issues of Front Sight will be accepted by the system.

10) We will be changing from quarterly exams to monthly. This means that once a month we will add exams for anyone set to expire the next month. For example, if you are due to expire in November, the exam will be added to your classification page in October.

Thanks, Dave

So it appears that your RO certification has to expire before you can do the online recert thing? Mine also expires at the end of this month....and I don't see a link when I do a Member Lookup with my USPSA number....however entering the number of someone who's RO certification expired in May...results in the signing box.

So it appears that your RO certification has to expire before you can do the online recert thing?

No, we just pulled the trigger on those who have already expired. We're working (right now, as I type) on getting those of you who expire in October an exam on your page. Just hang in there for me and we'll hook you up. There's some code that needs to be cleaned up, etc. Normal growing pains. We'll have it handled shortly. I will post here when it's fixed, but you can also just periodically check your classification page this weekend and it should show.

Kim

We're working (right now, as I type) on getting those of you who expire in October an exam on your page.

That work is done. If you're expiring in the next 30 days, your membership is current, and don't see an exam listed with your classification record, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still unclear on where, exactly, the test can be found.

My RO certification expired in July 2007.

I had thought that the link to the test would be in my classification lookup but perhaps it's elsewhere?

-Chet

TY16801

(ETA USPSA#)

Edited by DJPoLo

It should eb at the top of your classification lookup page:

Mine looks like this:

NROI Recertification Exam

Your NROI exam is due for recertification. Your certification will be automatically renewed once you have passed the on-line exam.

Enter PIN to take CRO exam:

No IPSC Alias on file

The IPSC Alias is an identifer that individual members of IPSC regions may use to participate in the IPSC classification system. This alias is chosen by the individual member, is between 4 and 16 characters long, and may not be changed once assigned (this is IPSC's policy). If you register an IPSC alias, you may use the PIN on your Front Sight label to associate it with your USPSA member number. This is necessary if you will be participating US matches run under the international IPSC rules, as we will use this information to properly report your classifier scores to the world body.

Register your IPSC Alias

Membership information TY49171

It should, however, your member number in the on-line database appears to be 1148 rather than L1148. I'll check tonight and figure out if this is a problem with Sedro's DB or the upload process. It should be resolved in a day or two.

If that's the number associated with my name then there's bigger problems - My number is 16801. :unsure:

-Chet

It should, however, your member number in the on-line database appears to be 1148 rather than L1148. I'll check tonight and figure out if this is a problem with Sedro's DB or the upload process. It should be resolved in a day or two.

If that's the number associated with my name then there's bigger problems - My number is 16801. :unsure:

-Chet

The system has two numbers for you in the on-line database: "1148" and "TY16801". I assumed "1148" was a L number without the L. In any case, a number like that should not exist. I will track down the problem and get it resolved.

I'm still unclear on where, exactly, the test can be found.

My RO certification expired in July 2007.

The NROI policy may be involved here.

http://www.nroi.org/recert.html

If your certification has been expired for more than a year, you must take another seminar to regain certification. This is necessary to ensure ROs stay up-to-date on rule changes.

• 3 weeks later...