Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you sort out brass before reloading?

shooterbenedetto

Absolutely sort, since there are rimmed and rimless varieties. I'm shooting .38 Super. Have to remove the Supercomp, AP RL, TJ or they'll pop through the shell holder when you try to seat a primer. Sort takes place after tumble cleaning, and are set aside to return to the people who use the rimless brass at the next match I go to, and they do the same for me. When I buy brass, it's Starline. Other brands (R-P, Win, AP) are set aside to be used for lost brass matches.

Edited by NMCOpen

Heck yeah. I mark my brass and only take mine home. I sort through it while putting it in the tumbe just to make doubly certain it's all mine. That way I know how many times it's been used and when to dump it in the practice brass bin. I don't track how many times my practice brass has been used...just throw it out when the primer pockets get loose....but my match ammo I know exactly how many times and I usually move it into the practice bin after three or four uses.

When I shoot 9mm, I always sort out brass and get rid of none brand names such as aguila, AP etc..

Do you guys sort out brass fro 38 super? if so what brand should I separate from good and bad?

I load everything that will accept a primer. :D 9mm. I also load them til I lose them...

When I shoot 9mm, I always sort out brass and get rid of none brand names such as aguila, AP etc..

Do you guys sort out brass fro 38 super? if so what brand should I separate from good and bad?

I load everything that will accept a primer. :D 9mm. I also load them til I lose them...

Yep! Once I get tired of seeing some of them though, ya know, the ones you can barely read the head stamps on... Those go into the major match brass bucket.