Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shootin glasses...contact info?

Ridgerunnr

I have tried contacting the Co for Sunbusters glasses and also the Rudys project glasses from the member here on Enos..

no call backs and no emails replied back..any suggestions on where to spend my money?lol I need Rx glasses and want a few different colors to insert..

I also have RX- using the Rudys-get on the web for

Rudys-they have a search for dealers/eye centers that

you can go to and get them. That what I did- went in,

picked them out had them in seven days! :cheers:

Had to get new glasses the other day so I brought my decot pamphlet to the optical place (Davis Optical) and told the doc what I wanted.

He was very much into it and had me hold up my weapon (unloaded of course) to get an idea of the focus distance I wanted.

He then had them make up the glasses with colored (red/rose type color) and impact resistant lenses.

Could not get polarized ....price was WAAAAY over budget for polorized lenses.

I am very happy with them and the color is the best all around.

I have used smokey and yellow and clear lenses in the past and I'm sold on these.

JK

After much searching and trying on probably a half-dozen different Rx options, several of which are mentioned above, I settled on the Decot. VERY happy. Decot sent a set of frames and sample lenses to my optometrist/optician so I could try them on before ordering them.

I have pale yellow lenses for indoors/overcast outdoors, polarized dark gray for sun. Might eventually consider the 'copper rose' tint that a lot of the dot shooters like, just to see what things look like behind them, though I shoot iron sights. I think there are several dozen lens colors available.

Got monovision lenses and am surprisingly happy with those (normally wear progressive bifocals). Optometrist had me bring the gun into the office so he could measure the lens-to-front sight distance exactly.

The Decot lenses are big, so they cover your eye and a lot of the surrounding structures. There's no optical interference when your eyes/head have to move quickly to see targets at the edge of your visual field. The side pieces are comfy under earmuffs. The lenses swap out quickly.

Re price: eyes aren't replaceable, they're worth protecting, and you've gotta SEE in this sport.