Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of stock to use?

atomicferret

How tall are you??

You may want to consider a shorter length of pull than you are used to for 3 gun......I've been running the A1 length, I am 5'6" and shrinking.

otherwise....what Trapr said..... A2 is gonna be more than good enough....and cheap enough.

If you are dead set on a collapsible stock, consider any one that 'locks' up....or you'll have a loose, wobbly POS that you'll end up changing.

I, personally, have a preference on the std. LOP Ace buttstock without the rubber pad.....but, it's losing that cool look as so many people are using them now.

Tim

I use a Magpul 93B. It has good cheek weld, solid and adjustable. It is a little heavier than most collapsible but I think it is insignificant especially since I'm not hiking 10 miles with my rifle. The 93B is not longer made and is hard to find but they replaced it with the UBR model which is a very good stock also.

While I don't use the collapsible option too often, it does come in handy when you do need it. I remember one match were they had us shoot in an uncomfortable position. While taking a sight picture, I could not find a position that worked for me. I shortened the stock and it made a huge difference.

IMHO you benefit from adjustable length. When I shoot prone I like my stock 1 notch longer than standing; this allows you to get a more consistent eye-sight relationship regardless of shooting position. I have a Magpul CTR on my primary rifle, but the M4 stock on my backup rifle feels just as good... with all the excitement when you are shooting 3 gun, I doubt you will notice what little wobble there is with the M4.

• 2 weeks later...