Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun -- April 24-26, Park City, KY

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spinner works fine with a shotgun at 15-20 yards. With 55 grain bullets in an AR at 80 yards, it can be a chore. You have to start it rocking, alternately hitting the top and bottom plates *WITHOUT* slowing it down. It took me 8 shots. It took a few others more than 30. I kinda liked it, but then I've been accused of being a masochist.

Greetings to all! My name is Nathan Noble, and I am the Chief Operating Officer and Owner of Park Mammoth Resort, and The Rockcastle Shootng Center. The reason most of you do not know about The Rockcastle Shooting Center yet, is that we are brand new, and in the very beginning stages of development. The resort itself has been operational since 1962, as a travel destination and golf resort. I think the current website was the first site on the web, so don't get scared. Soon the website will reflect the "new" resort, and all we intend to make it. Upon completion, The Rockcastle Shooting Center will be the finest recreational and tactical shooting complex in the country. We have over 1600 acres of Kentucky woodland where we will construct a wide range of shooting venues, including 20 multi-purpose shooting bays from 30 to 100 yards, a 1000 yard rifle range, a range to shoot over 2000 yards, two Special Forces grade live-fire shoothouses, a myriad of urban combat shooting facilities, trap and skeet ranges, 5-Stand Sporting Clays, Sporting Clays, and 3d Archery ranges, and more. We are located 25 miles north of Bowling Green, Kentucky on I-65, and less than 80 miles from either Nashville, Tennessee or Louisville, Kentucky. Feel free to contact me at any time for questions, either by e-mail or by phone, at 270-715-0000. We will provide Andy and the BRM3G website all of the important links and information very soon. We are pleased to hear of all of the excitement for this event, and look forward to making it a success for all of you. Thank you for all of your support, both for Andy and BRM3G, and for The Rockcastle Shooting Center.

Greetings to all! My name is Nathan Noble, and I am the Chief Operating Officer and Owner of Park Mammoth Resort, and The Rockcastle Shootng Center. The reason most of you do not know about The Rockcastle Shooting Center yet, is that we are brand new, and in the very beginning stages of development. The resort itself has been operational since 1962, as a travel destination and golf resort. I think the current website was the first site on the web, so don't get scared. Soon the website will reflect the "new" resort, and all we intend to make it. Upon completion, The Rockcastle Shooting Center will be the finest recreational and tactical shooting complex in the country. We have over 1600 acres of Kentucky woodland where we will construct a wide range of shooting venues, including 20 multi-purpose shooting bays from 30 to 100 yards, a 1000 yard rifle range, a range to shoot over 2000 yards, two Special Forces grade live-fire shoothouses, a myriad of urban combat shooting facilities, trap and skeet ranges, 5-Stand Sporting Clays, Sporting Clays, and 3d Archery ranges, and more. We are located 25 miles north of Bowling Green, Kentucky on I-65, and less than 80 miles from either Nashville, Tennessee or Louisville, Kentucky. Feel free to contact me at any time for questions, either by e-mail or by phone, at 270-715-0000. We will provide Andy and the BRM3G website all of the important links and information very soon. We are pleased to hear of all of the excitement for this event, and look forward to making it a success for all of you. Thank you for all of your support, both for Andy and BRM3G, and for The Rockcastle Shooting Center.

:surprise::cheers:

Call Tom Fee and ask him what sub grade not to use under your bays :wacko:

Its always good when you can learn from someone elses mistakes.

Look forward to the closer drive for a super tough kick your butt match. Means I can get home about 5 hours earlier after I'm all exhausted.

And the best part of this is that Sabre Defence, the match sponsor is right down the road in Nashville!! Looks like a win, win situation!! Best of luck to all of you involved, and Rod and I can't wait to shoot this match!!

Cheryl :)

What is complete and ready to go now and what is the schedule for having everything else ready to go?

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for several (10-15) experienced Range Officers for the BRM3G. ROs will be able to shoot the match on the 22nd and 23rd. If you are interested in working the match, please send me an email to afh3g@yahoo.com explaining your experince as an RO and ask any questions you may have.

I am looking for several (10-15) experienced Range Officers for the BRM3G. ROs will be able to shoot the match on the 22nd and 23rd. If you are interested in working the match, please send me an email to afh3g@yahoo.com explaining your experince as an RO and ask any questions you may have.

oh hell.... email on the way. :cheers:

oh hell.... email on the way. :cheers:

I can wholeheartedly recommend Jay -- he's worked for me before in South Carolina. and Andy certainly knows how picky I am :rolleyes:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news. I just purchased my first AR (a JP rifle CTR-02) and I'm looking at getting a handgun and shotgun for tactical class. I will probably be able to compete in one or two regional 3 Gun completitions before this one (I don't want to embarass myself too much).

Hopefully there will be enough openings for new participants in this event!

This is great news. I just purchased my first AR (a JP rifle CTR-02) and I'm looking at getting a handgun and shotgun for tactical class. I will probably be able to compete in one or two regional 3 Gun completitions before this one (I don't want to embarass myself too much).

Go ahead and sign up to shoot the Area 6 three gun. It is a good match to get your feet wet. If you need a handgun or shotgun for the match, you supply the ammo and I will find you weapons to use. Come join us the first weekend in November.

Go ahead and sign up to shoot the Area 6 three gun. It is a good match to get your feet wet. If you need a handgun or shotgun for the match, you supply the ammo and I will find you weapons to use. Come join us the first weekend in November.

Thanks for your generosity! Unfortunately, I have a friend flying in to visit that same weekend. I checked another thread and the Area 6 three gun is only about a 3.5 hour drive from my home (even closer than the KY 3 gun).

I will look for the 2009 Area 6 three gun dates and make sure to put it on my calendar for next year.

I do have a Glock 21 and an old 1100 that I could shoot in tactical class, but getting into 3 Gun also gives me an excuse to get some new guns :cheers:

Thanks for your generosity! Unfortunately, I have a friend flying in to visit that same weekend. I checked another thread and the Area 6 three gun is only about a 3.5 hour drive from my home (even closer than the KY 3 gun).

I will look for the 2009 Area 6 three gun dates and make sure to put it on my calendar for next year.

I do have a Glock 21 and an old 1100 that I could shoot in tactical class, but getting into 3 Gun also gives me an excuse to get some new guns :cheers:

Bring your friend and share the fun! Besides, who wants to drive that far by themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

2009 BRM3G Applications are now posted for shooters who shot in the 2008 match (2009 App for '08 shooters).I hope eveyone will be able to make it back. The applications for other shooters will be up in about 3-4 weeks. Please take note of the raffle, rule changes and other information on the Updates page.

ALSO, it seems I was mistaken when I posted that the double-spinner would not return in 2009. It will be back, but only in the side match -- Mr. Piatt's first entry has already been paid!!!

Andy

Edited by AFH

ALSO, it seems I was mistaken when I posted that the double-spinner would not return in 2009. It will be back, but only in the side match -- Mr. Piatt's first entry has already been paid!!!

Andy

The spinner is back.. yeha! :cheers:

My application is on the way.

Edited by maineshootah