Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun -- April 24-26, Park City, KY

The 2009 Sabre Defense Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship is scheduled for April 24-26 at the Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, Kentucky!! As you can tell from the opening line, SABRE DEFENCE is now the major match sponsor for the BRM3G. Their involvement, along with being able to hold the match at the Rockcastle Shooting Center, a new facility which will become a major training and shooting facility over the next couple of years, should make the event bigger, better, and more fun.

Like last year, the match will be shot over natural terrain with 10 stages anticipated. At this time, it looks like you will be using all three guns on 6 stages and 2 guns on each of the others. The match will be a little more physical than average, and, if current stage designs hold, it will also have a slightly higher round count.

Information about the match, its location, and the match application can be found at BRM3G.com. Entries will be limited to 160 shooters plus staff. Applications will be available around December, with last years shooters getting a couple of weeks to respond before new shooters can enter.

I hope to see you there!!

Andy Horner

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rockcastle Shooting Center? ? ?

Tell me more about this place....Park City is 1.25 hours from me but today is the first I've heard of it. :goof:

Build it and they will come ( From the Aug 29, 2008 Bowling Green (KY) Daily News: )

_______________________________________________________________________________________

By JENNA MINK, The Daily News

A 1,600-acre resort in Park City will become a shooting sports, golf and meeting destination, according to plans presented by prospective owners Thursday at a public meeting.

More than 60 people attended the meeting at the Park City Lion’s Club to hear renovation plans for the Park Mammoth Resort. The Fortress Group, a Bowling Green-based business development corporation, has yet to close on the purchase, but representatives unveiled the company’s plans.

“We want to do things to help this community,” president and co-founder Nick Noble said.

The resort will be renovated to accommodate guests who wish to train and participate in rifle and pistol shooting, archery and paintball. The potential owners also said they will keep the resort’s golf course, despite rumors that they plan to sell it.

“When we started this journey, managing, operating and owning a golf course (is something) we did not anticipate at all,” Noble said. “It needs some work.”

Noble said they hope to attract guests from across the nation, and eventually offer military and law enforcement training, 4-H programs, high school sports training in archery and corporate leadership training.

“This will probably be one of the main places for Kentucky State Police to come and do their training,” Noble said.

Noble said the group also plans to host shooting competitions, which can attract up to 2,000 competitors.

Noble said the group plans to build new features, including berms for shooting competitions, and trap and skeet hills.

Developers also plan to build an amphitheater for entertainment, and they will renovate the lodge and restaurant. They also plan to open a coffee and deli shop, expand the restaurant’s menu, offer catering and outdoor dining and keep the eatery open year-round.

“We want heads in beds and forks in mouths,” said Jerry Humble, partner and chief strategy officer for the Fortress Group.

The potential owners also want to offer Mammoth Cave and holiday packages and attract weddings, family reunions and corporate meetings to create off-season business.

“That place is a ghost town” during the off-season, Noble said.

The renovated resort will bring jobs to the area, but developers were not sure how many. Noble said the group was working with the state with hopes of landing an incentive package.

“Anything that promotes growth in this region is good for everybody,” said Amy Cardwell, sports sales director for the Bowling Green Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Noble declined to disclose how much the Fortress Group is paying for the resort and its renovations. He said he plans to close the deal in about 60 days, and the renovations will be completed over several years.

“All of this isn’t going to happen overnight,” he said.

Can we expect the same heavy steel plates to knock over with the shotgun again? What about that rifle spinner? Has someone put an AP round through the bearing yet?

I, for one, vote to have that rifle spinner melted down as scap metal !!!!!

Can we expect the same heavy steel plates to knock over with the shotgun again? What about that rifle spinner? Has someone put an AP round through the bearing yet?

I second that motion!

The rifle spinner is not going to reappear in 2009, but the shotgun plates will be the same. I have barely begun stage design, and will get back to it after I revisit the match site in November.

On a slightly different note: SABRE, in addition to being the match sponsor, is going to provide one of their rifles to be raffled with all proceeds being donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. There will only be 200 tickets offered at the match at $20 each. Good odds for a great cause.

Andy

Oh come on guys! That MGM spinner is the bomb.

A hell of a fun target.

:cheers:

I am sorry to see it leave!

Can't wait until the apps are up Andy!