Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Holster recomendations

SammyK

Hi Guys,

Relatively new to shooting sports and i wanted to get the experts opinions on holsters for my glocks. I have a G22 and G17 currently and i am hoping to add a 34 or 35 in the future. I am looking for a holster that will be great at the range fit all the modles listed above and i could use in competition if i wanted to try out some uspsa or something like that. I am leaning towards the Bladetech and picking up the drop and offset as an accessory. I just know there is a wealth of knowledge here so i thought I would ask.

Thanks

Edited by SammyK

Hi Guys,

Relatively new to shooting sports and i wanted to get the experts opinions on holsters for my glocks. I have a G22 and G17 currently and i am hoping to add a 34 or 35 in the future. I am looking for a holster that will be great at the range fit all the modles listed above and i could use in competition if i wanted to try out some uspsa or something like that. I am leaning towards the Bladetech and picking up the drop and offset as an accessory. I just know there is a wealth of knowledge here so i thought I would ask.

Thanks

The bladetech is an excellent choice. If you get the one for the 34/35, you can use it for the 17/22 also.

No need for the speed holsters (Ghost, CR Speed, et. al.) starting out. Concentrate on the shooting and frankly just having fun. Too holsters like the Bladetech will allow you to crossover into other games and have zero issues and more flexibility in divisions.

Rich

Sounds like I need to do some more exploring right now.

With regards to the Bladetech, If i were to buy the stingray belt loop model for a 34/35 and purchased the DOH Belt loop accessory i would be good for IDPA and USPSA, right?

:roflol: For the G35-if and when you get one, I have the CR speed

and have used it for the last eight months, both in open and limited.

Go to the range and see if a shooter will let you try it out! I also

have a Ghost- but I think you would be better off for know trying a

CR speed- Good Luck

If i were to buy the stingray belt loop model for a 34/35 and purchased the DOH Belt loop accessory i would be good for IDPA and USPSA, right?

I have seen this suggested before and have to ask, "Do you really want to deal with having your holster in two different positions for IDPA and USPSA?" Won't that defeat the whole idea of developing a consistent draw?

I have seen this suggested before and have to ask, "Do you really want to deal with having your holster in two different positions for IDPA and USPSA?" Won't that defeat the whole idea of developing a consistent draw?

I don't think this is a problem between the two games because IDPA's draw is different anyway. You have to brush away your cover garment before you go for your gun where USPSA, you go for the gun right away. Now, if you have the holster on your side for PD and in the front for Open, it might be an issue.

See this is why i ask these questions. Good thought provoking ideas guys.

Like i said i am new to this stuff and i have not shot IDPA or Uspsa yet. I am interested in both though as it looks like a lot of fun. The only competitive shooting i have done has been with PPC at a local club and circuit. So i am sure all of this will be a big change for me.

Zero negative effects on the holster position. Basically, if you....dry fire....enough (with either), it's just a small correction. Using "trigger" points like your forearm touching your magwell, is a good point of reference so that you know where your gun is at.

Rich

Buy the Bladetech with the DOH. You can remove it for IDPA if that time comes. I actually use the Bladetech without the DOH for USPSA and obviously IDPA but it is nice to have around.

Edited by PLINK

My son and I both use the Blackhawk CQC holster.

Nice retention and quick to draw from.

I have the one for my model 17 and he has 2 one for his model 19 and one for his new Kimber .45

No complaints about them at all.

Good luck.

JK

I actually have a Blackhawk serpa right now. It seems to be hard for me to get used to. Maybe it is the lack of practice with it. I haven't used it much.

It seems like I have an extra step to worry about when i draw. Any of you guys have some insight? Would like to hear your opinions.

I am leaning towards the bladetech for now though.

I'd like to try one of those holsters out but the owner never returned my emails :(.

I've been EXTREMELY pleased with Ready Tactical holsters and mag carriers. I've got one of their G34/35 holsters and it is the *slickest* kydex holster I've ever used. Well made, great for both USPSA and IDPA (although there is no drop, but you don't gain a whole lot of speed from a DOH holster for many situations. How many draws in a match do you experience that are a straight on draw and shoot ;)? You're either moving and drawing or doing something else with the gun like picking it up off a table or whatnot. I like having it in the same position on my belt for both games.) and reasonably priced to boot. SKDtactical is the sole distributor of Ready Tactical products and my dealings with them have been pleasant and trouble free. Link:

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;ProdID=1618

Here's the RT holster in a few different shots with/without my g34

07_07_2008_036.sized.jpg

07_07_2008_038.sized.jpg

07_07_2008_039.sized.jpg

07_07_2008_040.sized.jpg

Worn profile

07_07_2008_043.sized.jpg

They recently dropped the price 15 bucks too. Hard to beat!