Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why did I not switch to Open sooner?

Jay6

Shot my first full match with the new Glock open gun this weekend and DAMN it was fun. I can not beleive I did not do this sooner! Also, those guys at SJC know what they are doing :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would LOVE to shoot open div., but I refuse to start reloading. I've been shooting limited for about 5 years, and have yet to purchase any ammo (thanks to my employer!!!). ;)

40 Open guns work. B)

+1, I know two open masters who are shooting .40's. It certainly isn't holding them back.

I have been wanting to go to "open" class,...with my age and my failing eyes, I have to rely on glasses just to see the front sight,....I want to go to "9mm Major".

I see that you went with a GLOCK,...that would be the most econimical way for me to go also, I have everything needed for a GLOCK, mags, holster, etc.

The company that you got your open gun from, did they convert your gun or do they sell the complete gun ready to go?

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the forum Henry. SJC is the main company that manufacturers the best Open Glocks, and their website can be found HERE. Open 9mm Glocks are built out of G17's and SJC can create one out of your own G17, or you can purchase one from them to be modified.

Welcome to the forum Henry. SJC is the main company that manufacturers the best Open Glocks, and their website can be found HERE. Open 9mm Glocks are built out of G17's and SJC can create one out of your own G17, or you can purchase one from them to be modified.

Thanks for the welcome.....very interesting products at SJC,....I would probably have to buy a new G17,...mine is a very old first generation pistol. It still shoots great. I have shot it for years in limited and limited-10 divisions.

I am seriously looking at the major-9 catagory if I plan to continue shooting in USPSA....

Thanks again!

Yes, that is where I got my gun from and I am VERY pleased with the work they do. 100% reliable so far, and is way more accurate than I am. The only kicker is SJC is not an FFL to my knowledge so you can not get a G17 through them technically. But there is a shop located in the same building that you can buy it from and have it sent up to them for the work.