Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the BEST GRIP on your 625?

dagz

The newer style Houge rubber and rubber with wood on the bottom work the best for me. I've tried 'em all, even custom made ones.

That doesn't mean they're the best for someone else - other hands are different shapes and sizes. Mine are about average size.

Hogue has a lot of options available. They offer both rubber and nylon (of the two I prefer the nylon) plus numerous variations of wood (no finger grooves, one finger groove, all finger grooves). If you want to check out the wood more cheaply than usual, go to Hogue Auction. They sell their factory seconds there, and some of them are pretty nice. I've got some on my M27 and my Official Police.

Also, don't forget Pachmayr. They're a very different grip shape, and some shooters prefer them.

I didn't like the factory JM wood grips and tried the basic houge N frame grips and the X frame ones as well.... all in all I like the X frame Hague's (.500/.460 grips) the best. Are the big butt grips legal in IDPA???

If you are going to be shooting USPSA with it I like either the Hogue rubber grips (you have to trim them a little to make your moons go in correctly) or the Pachmeyer Decelerators.

Decelerators are already molded for the moons so you don't have to make any modifications to them. They also take out more of the sting of major loads.

I shot the stock Hogues for a little then switched to a set of JM grips and I am currently shooting the Xframe Hogues off of my 460 as they have a recoil pad at the web of my hand and add a little to the trigger reach which I needed.

Moonclips go past them fine but loaded ones hang a little comming out, but that is not a problem

I have tried the Miculik grips and like the look of them, they tend to hurt my thumb joint - I don't have the meat that Jerry has there.

http://www.bang-inc.com/store/index.php?ma...fc9090e910a915c

I use the Hogue rubber fingergroove grip.

SoftRubberMonogrip.jpg

Here are the pics of the Big Butt grip , both before mod and after. I think that the Dave Wilson mods should be mandatory. :roflol:

Before

BigButt.jpg

After

BigButt1.jpg

BigButt2.jpg

BigButt3.jpg