Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 USPSA Tennessee Hillbilly Classic (Oct. 10 & 11)

Thank you to Robert and ALL of your staff!

You guys and gals did a great job. The stages were great, everyone was friendly and the BBQ was most tasty. The weather was perfect and I had a wonderful time.

Thank you, thank you thank you,

Tony Marcellino

I'll see you all again at TN State.

:cheers:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are you talking about, you called 'Tony' out just fine. I was having too much fun to be bothered.

Thanks again for an awesome match,

:cheers:

TM262

My apologies for hacking up your name at stage 5 and 6. What can I say, I'm a hillbilly.

Bill

Hello Everyone --

I would personally like to thank everyone who took time to attend our first Hillbilly Classic. As I walked around the range I did not see Single Stack or Production. What I saw was smiling, happy faces that made this all worth while.

I would like to thank the staff and R.O.s for continuing a reputation for hosting a well run match, with great stages.

A special thanks to Derek at Millennium Customs, Allen at Tactical Response, Rick at Dickson Sportsman's Store, Ron & Tina at Hy Demand Tools, Chuck and all the guys at Shooters Connection for help making some people happy at the prize table.

Thanks to Bryan for feeding us all some barbecue. Lot's of people went back for seconds.

Because of the great response, what is eveyone's feelings about doing this again sometime in the spring?

Second Annual Hillbilly Classic -- Let the smack talk begin!

A big thanks again to everyone who made this happen.

Match Director Wanna Be,

Robert

Hello Everyone --

I would personally like to thank everyone who took time to attend our first Hillbilly Classic. As I walked around the range I did not see Single Stack or Production. What I saw was smiling, happy faces that made this all worth while.

I would like to thank the staff and R.O.s for continuing a reputation for hosting a well run match, with great stages.

A special thanks to Derek at Millennium Customs, Allen at Tactical Response, Rick at Dickson Sportsman's Store, Ron & Tina at Hy Demand Tools, Chuck and all the guys at Shooters Connection for help making some people happy at the prize table.

Thanks to Bryan for feeding us all some barbecue. Lot's of people went back for seconds.

Because of the great response, what is eveyone's feelings about doing this again sometime in the spring?

Second Annual Hillbilly Classic -- Let the smack talk begin!

A big thanks again to everyone who made this happen.

Match Director Wanna Be,

Robert

You mean, your going to post the dates soon and I have until spring to talk smack......that is going to be a loooooong thread :roflol:

You host it and we'll come!

First of all, I want to thank the North Tennesse Practical shooters club for Hosting this great match.

For the first time for the MD (Cindy Foree, and sometime Robert) :roflol: to the range officers (you know who you are) and most especially the first time range Officers for a smooth and finely run match.

the stages were great. Just what I expected from NTPS (I shoot there occasionally ;) ) so I knew what to expect.

Good to put faces to "names" and real names, and good to see old friends.

Congrats to Jason, Gilbert and all others who did good (and bad) it was a good day to be shooting in TN.

Now for the most important stuff:

OVERALL MATCH WIN (combined) went to a SINGLE STACK .40 ok, it was in .40 short & weak but he was shooting major. <_<

The top 10:

9 Single stacks

1 pag (S&W m&p)

Top 20:

16 Single Stacks

4 Pag/pogs...........2 Pags, 2 pogs

Now for more:

trophys that stayed in TN:

ALL but 2 (I think) that went to KY (Yankees managed to get lucky!!! <_<<_< )

So maybe next time, you'll do a little better. :cheers::cheers:

Thanks goes to the Sponsors,,,, Millenium custom, Shooters Connection and others.

Had a good time, hope to see ya'll back next spring.

HOP

First of all, I want to thank the North Tennesse trophys that stayed in TN:

ALL but 2 (I think) that went to KY (Yankees managed to get lucky!!! <_<<_< )

So maybe next time, you'll do a little better. :cheers::cheers:

HOP

Sam, just be great full that the update didn't happen yet or Me and Shaun would be in A class and all the A trophy's would have gone north!!! Guess that will teach us for baggin....no wait we are earning our A classes, not being Masters in something else and getting them by default :roflol:

Edited by steel1212

NTPS and all,

Thanks for a great match, this was alot of fun with plenty of challenges and wide open shooting.

The RO's and support staff did a great job. :cheers:

Thanks go out to Gilbert for repping the POGS and PAGS group since I just counted on luck to often to get me through the match.

Though my POG functioned flawlessly! the same cannot be said for the operator who just seemed to screw it up somehow.

It was very nice to meet all the fellow Smack talkers and have a few laughs as well.

I am sorry I did not stay for the awards ceremony (had a long drive home still), and I figured after the stage 10 "0" the only thing I would be awarded was a "genuine SS autographed roll of TP" :roflol:

And as for another match in the Spring, Schedule it and they will come.

POG dude out for now.

One thing that I would like to ad.

I asked for and received permission to photograph the match and shoot on the same day.

This required me to bounce around all over the range and shoot through the stages while trying to take pictures.

The match staff went above and beyond to accomodate me.

They made me a squad unto myself for scoring purposes and reprogrammed the Palm scoring on the fly.

My apologies to the squads that had to wait on me to shoot.

Many thanks to everyone.

That's what I love about this sport.

No one works harder or plays harder.

NTPS hospitality does Tennessee proud.

Tony

LOL...wait a minute....weeze gots them horzes toos! Our shooters don't suck to bad....Shaun was 93% of you with gun problems and I was 87% of you with shooter problems lol....I'm going to bed...

I never said y'all sucked I just really really like bourbon. I had excuses prepared too in case I lost. Hell, I was shooting a gun I borrowed off of Gilbert that didn't have 50 rds on it goin in to the match.

Hop and Steel,

You guys are making me very envious :bow: This match is just a hair too far to go for now. Sounds like you had a great match and I really enjoyed reading all of the smack between the 2x4 shooters and the real (SS) shooters B)

Hop and Steel,

You guys are making me very envious :bow: This match is just a hair too far to go for now. Sounds like you had a great match and I really enjoyed reading all of the smack between the 2x4 shooters and the real (SS) shooters B)

Yeah, that might be quite a trip for you. Like I said it was one hell of a fun match.

I have received inquiries regarding match pictures.

Please note that some but not all have been posted on my website.

I haven't finished processing all of them yet.

I hope to be done and have all photos available later tonight.

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Next year should have bigger turn out, it was lots of fun like the idea.

Just for the record I shot a CZ 85 combat in production was 15th OA, for you POG counters LOL

FYI I was ROing stage 7 with the car on it, Bobby Thompson

Next year should have bigger turn out, it was lots of fun like the idea.

Just for the record I shot a CZ 85 combat in production was 15th OA, for you POG counters LOL

FYI I was ROing stage 7 with the car on it, Bobby Thompson

Bobby, I liked that stage so much I won it!! Thanks for ROing!!