Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts Development Progress..

sinnsyk

This year has been pretty active for me in coming out with new products and more are coming.

We just finished up both the smooth and checkered grips that fit the [sMALL FRAME] Stock II pistols. These grips will also fit the 9x19 Eric Open guns sold everywhere except the US. They can also be fitted to older Springfield P9's which were all small frame guns.

The TiteFit Slidepin has been stalled serveral times. It was done in May, but the heat treater messed it up and they have been redone and will be available shortly. These pins will be in S7 tool steel, hardened to Rockwell 45 and a tighter fit barrel/slide/frame than factory or EGW pins.

Drawings for a new 0.090" wide / 0.175" tall Fiber Optic front sight is over at one of my machine shops and I'm just waiting for them to manufacture them. The word is one month, but just know they're in the works. I want mine before the US Limited Nationals.

The new big-ass magwell is on the drawing table. I'm working on it with a guy who is very good with SolidWorks. We're designing a magwell together that will match the Contour Grips, be as big as possible and still legal for IPSC Standard Division. The plan is to make a magwell for the GoldTeam/Limited and one for the Match/Stock models. It will have a replacable delrin (plastic) insert so you won't scratch your mags. My guess is that it'll be 2-3 months before they're available. Lot of this depends on my drawing guy and the machine shop. Personally, I'd want it yesterday.

I've got custom springs for the guns in the works. This includes recoil springs, firing pin springs, trigger return spring, sear spring, mag release spring and trigger plunger spring. The idea is to include certain springs in a complete trigger kit that'll lighten your trigger without having to modify any factory parts. The recoil springs will also be designed for major/minor, etc.

Flat Trigger is something a lot of people have asked for and it's something that I have thought about a lot and been given inputs on. My abstract goal is to make the adjustments easier and better and tighten up the trigger tolerances at the same time as designing a flat trigger. I want to get all the other stuff on my list above done first so it'll probably be a winter project.

I'm gonna try to do a little shooting in the next months as well. Not sure if I'll get to practice, but I've signed up for Texas State Limited, Colorado State, US Open/Limited Nationals, New Zealand Nationals and Area 2. Oh and as long as I can get my plane ticket figured out next couple of days, I'm flying in to Area 3 this weekend.

Oh and a short summary of the new products launched this year:

- Long Firing Pin for Small Frame models

- H-550 pad for IPSC big box allowing 19 reloadable rounds in 40 S&W IPSC

- H-141 pad, improved allowing 21 reloadable rounds in 40 S&W USPSA

- H-150 Contour Grip, both smooth and checkered for Large Frame models with magwells (gold team / limited)

- H-152 Contour Grip, both smooth, checkered and with wood-inlay for Large Frame models with no magwell (match / stock)

- H-161 Contour Grip, both smooth and checkered for Small Frame without magwell (Stock II, Springfield P9)

- Wallgrens Prescription T-Shirt

I also made a H-350 pad which is a very short pad that is nice for large frame carry type guns. It's not on the website.

I can't wait for that magwell with the insert!! it bother's me that a new factory is $120.00 and gets scratched?

I'm glad this is in the works because the Ice magwell idea works really well, i just hope there's enough thick plastic

to cover the bottom of the magwell as I always hit the side of the magwell and scratch the aluminum part? It sucks

when you change the insert and have to see the side dings at the side of the magwell?

Henning, please put this into consideration! Another concept I was thinking of is IONBOND magwell with plastic insert?

A black magwell? maybe I can set up a two tone open? Thanks for the update!!

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Drawings for a new 0.090" wide / 0.175" tall Fiber Optic front sight is over at one of my machine shops and I'm just waiting for them to manufacture them. The word is one month, but just know they're in the works. I want mine before the US Limited Nationals.

The new big-ass magwell is on the drawing table. I'm working on it with a guy who is very good with SolidWorks. We're designing a magwell together that will match the Contour Grips, be as big as possible and still legal for IPSC Standard Division. The plan is to make a magwell for the GoldTeam/Limited and one for the Match/Stock models. It will have a replacable delrin (plastic) insert so you won't scratch your mags. Personally, I'd want it yesterday.

Oh and as long as I can get my plane ticket figured out next couple of days, I'm flying in to Area 3 this weekend.

- H-141 pad, improved allowing 21 reloadable rounds in 40 S&W USPSA

-

Just send me one of the new FO's when they are done and hit my credit card! :rolleyes:

My $.02 on the magwell..delrin insert is GREAT! As far as big, IMHO the most important thing is that it provides a shelf for the bottom of the hand that rather locks the gun in place like an STI with an ICE magwell. Yes, big is what we want, but the current one is fairly easy to hit, it just does not supply a "shelf" and if you miss the hole like I do it beats up the feed lips! :wacko:

H141 pads ROCK! Very nice to know I CAN load 22 rounds in the gun to start. No, I don't always load it full. Some stages just don't need it, but with 20 loaded it is easily reloadable and sometimes that is very nice. I have not tried to reload with 21 just because the error factor of not seating it fully does not offset the extra shot I might get if I do it right. But that is just me.

Keep up the great work and I hope to see you at Area 3! :cheers:

Edited by ks-shooter

The magwell will be designed to fit both large and small frame. What I'm doing is making an enclosure that fits both and have two different delrin inserts to fill into either small or large frame.

Supposedly the long awaited TiteFit slidepins are on their way to me. Talked to the shop today about it. The same shop who makes my 2 firing pins also makes my new Titefit slidepin. And they have the drawings to make the FOP sight. I told them I want it for the US limited nationals. They said sure... and of course things always take longer than we want... but I'll use the whip to get them as soon as possible.

Supposedly the long awaited TiteFit slidepins are on their way to me. Talked to the shop today about it. The same shop who makes my 2 firing pins also makes my new Titefit slidepin. And they have the drawings to make the FOP sight. I told them I want it for the US limited nationals. They said sure... and of course things always take longer than we want... but I'll use the whip to get them as soon as possible.

Have you considered talking to Dawson to get any of your parts made? He has an awesome set up to make sights, magwells and basepads, as well as other parts. He is/was making some rear sights for one of the sight makers to help with some delivery issues they were having, can not remember which.

• 3 weeks later...

Something else for development. I had an older limited and needed to raise the safety. I cut the lever off and welded it about .25" higher. This gave me the room for my big mits to get a good high grip. Now I have the newer limited and would like to put ambi safety on but I don't want to go through the hassle of cutting and welding on both sides. Are you working on anything like this or do you know anyone who is?

• 2 weeks later...
And they have the drawings to make the FOP sight. I told them I want it for the US limited nationals. They said sure... and of course things always take longer than we want... but I'll use the whip to get them as soon as possible.

Did they come through for you on the front sight or are you switching to a bigger whip? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...