Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic vs. Dave's Metal Works extended tubes

mxpatriot51

Going to put a tube on my new Benelli 21'' M2 to get it up to 8+1 for tactical class and trying to decide on which tube I want to put on it.

So, which tube do you run, which one would you buy (if different than what you're running now), and why?

Edited by mxpatriot51

I just got my new-to-me M1 Super 90 Field this week. Right out of the box I added the +5 Nordic and a Limbsaver Speed Mount Pad and was good to go. No experience with the DMW product but the Nordic is really topnotch: nicely designed, perfect feed and fit. YMMV.

No experience with DMW, but only positive and super service with Tim and Nordic components!!! Have a +5 and tube clamp on my M1, no problems and run great. Look great as well, which is probably most important :roflol: Nordic supports the sport too! :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I have Nordic's tubes on my 1100 and our Browning gold...they are awesome from the first minute!! I just got a follower for my 1100 from Tim and it too is a great fit. Tim and Jarmul and Grant have great customer service. Love those guys :wub:

Cheryl :)

As someone who has used and sold both companies items, my recommendationwoud be to go with the Nordic tubes. They are lighter in weight and the threaded end cap allows easy cleaning of the tube without removing it.

Nordic warranty service is top notch if you happen to have any issues with a product also.

I've used both and several others over the years of playing this game, and currently I would say Nordic tops the list, they have great products, great people, continue to make the products better, expanding to new things we want and greatest influence is the constant level of sponsorship and support they provide at the matches. We gotta support the folks out there contributing out of their pockets to support our prize tables and shooters. I use their tubes, have the 10/22 conversion package and have happily paid for everybit of it, and recommend it to any asking. No slight meant against any other vendor but Tim and the crowd are out their working the matchs, running side matches, raffles and the like in support of the shooters, gotta love 'em

jeff

I could not have said it better. Support those that support our sport. Tim at Nordic is great to work with. I also have their Plus 5 tube and clamp on my M2 and could not be happier. It has been flawless is light weight and looks cool. It is a perfect match for a 21" barrel. Install and clip the mag spring to about ten inches past the end of the barrel and forget about it. Enjoy!

Nordic tubes are aluminum and therefore lighter than the DMW's. I've run Dave's tubes with no problems. Some of the earlier Nordic tubes had a different threading pitch which made them a little thin. I've seen two of these tubes crack right at the thread. To Tim's credit, he replaced those tubes with a new one.