Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal Stage?

TDean

My god, I'm just so frosted right now I can't stand it. Sounds to me like someone thought up and put on a decent stage FOR ONCE and all you weenies can do is find things to bitch about?

OUR SPORT IS INHERENTLY UNSAFE! We run around with loaded guns - it is YOUR responsibility to not hurt anyone, not the RO, USPSA, your cat or dog or the boogie man - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY ALONE!

If you don't like the stages - get the hell out of the sport!

Once the shooters flashlight went on, there was some light bouncing around the room ---- it might not allow for a sure fire examination of every detail, but everyone would have noticed 180 violations, a dropped gun, etc.

Steve,

I shot it two-handed, but then I practice this for IDPA. Reloading with a flashlight still takes forever though....

Hi guys,

I'm curious whether the briefing allowed "mounted" lights?

I generally shoot Glocks in Production Division and it would be a cinch for me (and others) to merely slip on an M3 light from Insight Technologies, which would enable me to shoot two-handed.

Easy SG....eeeeasy. lol

It wasn't all that great of a stage. It certainly was neat...and novel...and practical.

It was a good idea in a number of ways, though.

:ph34r:

I just stoked up one of my hicaps to full capacity, then dropped a mag on the floor at "reload time"...while I let up on the button that turns the light on. :D:lol::P

I just stoked up one of my hicaps to full capacity, then dropped a mag on the floor at "reload time"...while I let up on the button that turns the light on.   

Just Kidding!!!

Vince, you had to use the supplied light (keeps everybody the same...sorta).

Sorry, Vince, you had to use the provided light. I had an M3 in my bag, but could not use it. I enjoyed this stage, and every other stage at the match. The RO's were as professional as any group I've been involved with, including Bianchi when it was a true invitational (What hair is left is starting to gray). Wish the dark house was portable, so it could travel.

Wish the dark house was portable, so it could travel.

Well, it sure as heck isn't portable, so I would imagine that you might see something in there the next time there is a match at PASA.... I suppose it might make sense to practice this flashlight stuff...... ;):o:huh:

My god, I'm just so frosted right now I can't stand it. Sounds to me like someone thought up and put on a decent stage FOR ONCE and all you weenies can do is find things to bitch about?

OUR SPORT IS INHERENTLY UNSAFE! We run around with loaded guns - it is YOUR responsibility to not hurt anyone, not the RO, USPSA, your cat or dog or the boogie man - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY ALONE!

If you don't like the stages - get the hell out of the sport!

MEEEOOOW!!!!

I worked the Dark House stage during the 3-Gun Nationals. We, as RO's were concerned about safety, both our own and the shooters'. We did not crowd the shooter, but it was also stated in the walk-thru that incidental contact with the RO would not be grounds for a reshoot. The RO also had a Cyalume stick in his shirt pocket as a safety measure - if the target glowed, don't shoot it!

The issue of creeping was discussed. There could have been some, but if the first shot broke in less than half a second of the start signal, it would be evident and the timer would have been reviewed.

During the 3-Gun, most used Limited and Open guins, so there were very few needing to reload. The targets were close and wide open, so the problem was using the light. With his Open gun, Todd Jarrett shot it in 6.57 sec, no points down. He shot one handed.

During the FGN, threee no-shoots were added. One merely forced the shooter to take an additional step downrange to engage the final target. The other two obscured the "C" and "D" zones on two targets, but did not substantially increase the difficulaty as the targets were still close. The problem was still in handling the flashlight and performing the reload.

Overall, the comments from the shooters indicated great enjoyment of the stage with many wanting to shoot it again - having nothing to do with disappointment with their initial run.

Guy

I just stoked up one of my hicaps to full capacity, then dropped a mag on the floor at "reload time"...while I let up on the button that turns the light on.   

Just Kidding!!!

Vince, you had to use the supplied light (keeps everybody the same...sorta).

Hehe, we had a shooter on our squad that was threatening to do that until I reminded him he would probably sweep 2 to 4 mags off of his belt and then get caught.

The other 3 people in our squad that we previously didn't know just suspected we were gamers, after that conversation they saw the full extent of our gaming ability.

During 3 gun, I ran it one handed, and dropped a point in 8.31. After that, we figured out how to run it for FGN with the mag change. We put the mag light between our pinky and ring finger and squeezed. That allowed for a decent grip on the gun and a decent grip on the next mag. We also played around with drawing a new mag when we drew the gun. But that could have been ugly if the shooter had a malfunction. Imagine trying to clear the gun holding onto 3 objects. :wacko:

I think this was said in jest, but I just wanted to clarify one thing. This is not gaming, it is cheating. Gaming is when you are able to find a short cut on a stage that falls withing the guidelines of the rules. Blatent disregard of the rules regardless of whether or not you get caught, is not the same.

All you production guys and L-10 guys had it easy on this stage. Try to shoot this one with a revolver. After some thinking and practice runs the best method I came up with was the following. I need two hands to reload the gun, where to put the flashlight? Felt sorry for the guy after me but as soon as the buzzer went off, insert flashlight in mouth and go to town. It worked pretty good. Had all my hits I think in about 16.5 seconds.

It was obviously said in jest.

Duane,

Obvious to you and I perhaps, but I did overhear some talk of people considering it. There opinion seemed that if they got away with it, it was gaming. I was just pointing out that this wasn't the case.

Bucky.

I set up a stage a few years ago that sounds similar to some that have been mentioned here. A large house was set up with a wall preventing any sneak peeks. The house had five rooms in it. We gave a walk through and everybody got to see the layout. There were 5 targets in each room, no more than about 11 yards. On each target at about elbow level was a piece of velcro. Each one of the targets had something on it--either a toy gun or knife, a TV remote control, even a little Charlie Brown comic strip-type bubble quote saying "help me, I'm a hostage" The shoot targets could be either white or brown. It was stated from the beginning that each room would have 3 and 3 only shoot targets, and 2 no shoots. Anything with a weapon was a shoot target--targets with a non-weapon velcroed to them were no-shoot targets. After each shooter, the range was cleared and the RO went through and simply moved around a couple of the props--or moved nothing. I don't know about the legality, but for a local match, it was a whole lot of fun