Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3-gun, 2008

My 1st time at this match. Will be shooting with the nordic crew. I heard this is a great match & will be driveing about 19 hours one way to get there so I will be tired & expect my competition to take it real easy on me. I know the ro's will give me my usual perfect doubles .

Benny we are very glad you are coming.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brownies??? :) Me like brownies

I like the Brownies the Henry's (Saw Custom)girls sale :surprise::cheers:

They :surprise: had brownies?

Oh wait! I get it. It was an optical illusion, similar to this: http://boortz.com/more/optical_illusion.html

:cheers:

BTW , anybody know how I can get in touch with Henry? Will he be at A63G?

Nope. Henry Avant's women wore Tech Wear shirts! :roflol:

3 days of work....then Jarmo and I hop on a plane to see what this match is all about. I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, the people that could come will be glad they did and the ones that couldn't wished they had. The stages look great.

The plan is to be there Thursday afternoon to hopefully set up the side match, and sight in a 22 rifle. I got word that we'll be setting up in the cowboy town....to me it sounds interesting, but I've never seen it. Maybe a .22rf rifle assault COF?? with steel poppers?? Who knows, I'm not incharge of the props or the the steel, we'll wing it.....should be interesting and lots of fun too! I believe we will have just under 5000 rounds of ammo to shoot up, so anyone that comes down.....plan on shooting it more than once or twice.

Probably do a little BS'n and helpin out on setting up any of the other stages if needed.

Will actually be good to get away from the work place for a few days!!

You Nordic guys rock ! 5000 rounds to shoot off ? That just crazy - hope to see you guys at Benning !

As an aside - our Avtars are from the same match !! Gotta love SMM :D

The cool thing is......we typically go thru 5K rounds for a match with 200+ competitors. With this one, 1 to 2K is probably all we'll shoot. Unless people REALLY start havin fun, I think (not sure....off the cuff) we have somewhere around $900 for give away on the side match......and for the most part, it's free!!!

We may do something for the Junior program if people want to compete for seein who is the top dog and win some money. Otherwise, braggin rights is OK by us too.

Yep....that was the year it snowed there at SMMG. And nope, not gonna be at Benning this year (just wasn't in the cards), I think some of our comps will be there on the table though.

We may do something for the Junior program if people want to compete for seein who is the top dog and win some money. Otherwise, braggin rights is OK by us too.

I am all for doing something for the juniors, but Im biased!

Henry Avant should be at Area 6 Three Gun. You can reach him by phone at 478-986-4156 and it is best to call before 8 am or after 9 pm eastern.

Thanks Charles , I will try him in the morning before 8, I may need his services this weekend.

I hope this is not a dumb question... Just curious also, no biggie- in our local matches we almost always have 5 stages, so if I'm on squad 2 I start on stage 2. In this match I'm in squad 2, start on pistol, so does that mean our squad starts on Pistol stage 2 "Back Alley"?

Thanks.

I hope this is not a dumb question... Just curious also, no biggie- in our local matches we almost always have 5 stages, so if I'm on squad 2 I start on stage 2. In this match I'm in squad 2, start on pistol, so does that mean our squad starts on Pistol stage 2 "Back Alley"?

Thanks.

You are correct.. you will shoot Pistol Stage-2, Pistol Stage-3 & Chrono, then Pistol Stage-1

We had a really productive weekend setting up the stages. We had a great group of guys and gals that came out to South River to help set it all up... My hat is off to all of you.

I'd also like to thank Tod for making short order out of the really big tree that had fallen across the end of the jungle run. The landscaping timbers look great... but don't quit your day job :bow:

Only the long range rifle, the classifier and the rifle standards stages are left to setup Thursday.

We managed to get our hands on enough flash targets for the rifle range.. (thanks Woogie & Justin for bringing them to the range) so there will be 8 of them scattered down range for your shooting enjoyment. Seven 10" plates and one 8" plate.. any bets on where I'll put the 8" plate? :devil::surprise:

We had a really productive weekend setting up the stages. We had a great group of guys and gals that came out to South River to help set it all up... My hat is off to all of you.

I'd also like to thank Tod for making short order out of the really big tree that had fallen across the end of the jungle run. The landscaping timbers look great... but don't quit your day job :bow:

Only the long range rifle, the classifier and the rifle standards stages are left to setup Thursday.

We managed to get our hands on enough flash targets for the rifle range.. (thanks Woogie & Justin for bringing them to the range) so there will be 8 of them scattered down range for your shooting enjoyment. Seven 10" plates and one 8" plate.. any bets on where I'll put the 8" plate? :devil::surprise:

Put it at the longest distance and do the double penalty thing (or triple).....thats what I would do, but I've been called really bad names by people who've shot my COF's.....it might hurt your self esteem. As for my self....I look at them as compliments, as though I've done my job. Not impossible, not so that many zero the stage, just hard enough to be called a dirty rat bas... you get the point I'm sure....may even have already been called those nasty little names, heck, I may call you one of those!!

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.

Thanks.

Yep, Larry is right. I have the match squadded so that you guys without carts won't have such a hard time. You will shoot all of one discipline before you move on to the next one. Pistol moves to Rifle, Rifle moves to Shotgun, and Shotgun moves to Pistol, and so on... I am picking up a couple more entries each day, so any of you guys sitting on the fence, we got room, there's no late fee, so come on out and play! :cheers:

Cindy

Thanks.

Yep, Larry is right. I have the match squadded so that you guys without carts won't have such a hard time. You will shoot all of one discipline before you move on to the next one. Pistol moves to Rifle, Rifle moves to Shotgun, and Shotgun moves to Pistol, and so on... I am picking up a couple more entries each day, so any of you guys sitting on the fence, we got room, there's no late fee, so come on out and play! :cheers:

Cindy

I can really appreciate that, I don't use a cart! A BIG THANK YOU to you, Cindy and Bill, and Charles Bond and "LT45" and the folks who helped setup for putting this match on, I can hardly wait.

Just curious but from looking at the number competitor shooting Saturday/Sunday is there a majic number in mind that would allow us to shoot the whole match on just Saturday? Doesn't matter either way I was just curious.

Just curious but from looking at the number competitor shooting Saturday/Sunday is there a majic number in mind that would allow us to shoot the whole match on just Saturday? Doesn't matter either way I was just curious.

No magic number, I have about 10 more shooters to add to the mix and I am hoping for a few more before Friday. We would be shooting by headlights if we try to get all the Saturday/Sunday shooters through in 1 day, though. I have shot like that before and it is not pretty. :ph34r:

No magic number, I have about 10 more shooters to add to the mix and I am hoping for a few more before Friday. We would be shooting by headlights if we try to get all the Saturday/Sunday shooters through in 1 day, though. I have shot like that before and it is not pretty. :ph34r:

The jungle run is a blast in the late evening and slugs after dark is an experience no one should miss!