Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rental Car

G-ManBart

So I'm stuck in a 6-week training class in VA and I have a rental car as the class involves a lot of driving. Why do rental car companies insist on putting both keys on a security ring along with a huge tag? If you lock the keys in the car, you lock both of them in the car since they're stuck together. Not only that, but the whole thing is so huge it barely fits in your pocket. What sense does any of this make? :blink:

Cut the ring. I've done it several times in the past and just told them it broke. Lemme guess, Thrifty?

I keep meaning to, but haven't gotten around to cutting it....I leave on Friday, so it's hardly worth it now. It was actually Budget, but I know Thrifty does it as well.

Bart,

Is the humidity getting to you? You've had all kinds of rants since you've been out of New Mexico. :roflol:

LOL...the humidity is annoying, but having lived here for ten years in the past, I can handle it. I always have lots of rants ready to go, but being stuck in a hotel I now have the time to post them before I forget them. In fact, I was just thinking of another as I was driving back to the hotel on our lunch break. People going in through the left side of a double doors :angry:

Bart, the fact that the gov. requires you to carry a gun alarms me. :D:lol:

Hey now, I might get offended :lol: '

In fact, stay where you are. The black helicopters with no tail number and "UN" painted on the side will be along shortly.... :roflol:

Bart Dog,

Don't know if I told you my story about rental car companies. Paul and I were at PASA Park for the Limited Nationals a couple years back. We flew into St. Louis and rented a Lincoln Town Car to drive to Berry. Second day a Canadian on our squad was having feeding problems and asked if anybody had a 16# spring. I had one in my parts box and off we go to get it. I locked the keys and remote in the trunk. We call XYZ and explain what happened and ask for the door button access code for the electronic door locks. I explain that we can prove we are who we are by giving the the NM drivers license numbers that they had on the rental agreement. We spent around two hours on the phone and they fed us every worthless excuse for not giving us the door code. $130.00 for an after hours locksmith and three hours later we drive back to Berry for the evening. On the way back to St. Louis I was rooting around in the glove compartment and what do I find, another electronic door remote. Would have been nice if they had mentioned that there was a second one to carry just in case. Parked the car at the XYZ lot, unloaded our luggage and gear, left the keys in the ignition like we were told to do and closed the doors. I walked about fifty feet and locked the damn doors with the second remote. Their turn for a locksmith!

CYa,

Pat

"With the right tools, any rental car can be a convertable".

Think it was Jay Leno who said that.

I returned a rental car sun night. The lot attendant slammed the door HARD into another car, screwing the door and the other car up. Glad we already signed for the car.

Bart, the fact that the gov. requires you to carry a gun alarms me. :D:lol:

Hey now, I might get offended :lol: '

In fact, stay where you are. The black helicopters with no tail number and "UN" painted on the side will be along shortly.... :roflol:

HA!! I wave at those helis every time they fly over! lol (our farm is in the flight path for Camp David... keeps me honest ;) )