Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Grip Plug

wgnoyes

I wasnt and was using one for IDPA and not for USPSA! Thanks for spreadin' the word! The one place I get hung up on when doing mag changes is the plastic "wall" with the half moon cut out in it, along the back of the mag well and this eliminates that....Sweet!!! :)

NROI Rulings

Title: Plastic Plug for Glock's in Production division

Created: 4/28/08

Updated: 5/06/08

Effective: 5/06/08

Rule number: Appendix D4

Applies to: Pistol

Ruling authority: John Amidon

Question

Can I now insert the plastic plug in my Glock and will it be legal for Production division?

Ruling

The plastic plug that fits flush with the heel of the grip is allowed, like the Jentra plug. Plugs that extend below the heel like the Scherer polymer slug plug or other similar models are not allowed. Metal, brass or the Seattle Slug plugs are not allowed either.

note: threads merged.

Was anyone aware that this had happened? I wasn't, and I had still been telling people they couldn't do it.

Yeah...it's like you need to check (official rulings) before heading out the door to run a match. :huh:

It is creasy. I wonder what is the reasoning not to allow it at first and then allow it?

I think you meant "crazy", right?

Two reasons initially not to allow it. First is that you could hide a weight behind it.... not that you'd actually want to; if you were going to add weight, you'd do it up around the muzzle where it would actually do some good. And my answer to that reason for prohibition had always been okay, fine, let's produce one made out of clear plastic!

Second, some of these plugs helped to fill up the semi-circle cutout at the back of the magwell which some felt aided reloading.

Why allow it now? I don't know; I'll leave that alone.

For MD's and RO's. Not that I don't trust our shooters, but be advised that I'm sure there will be a couple of folks that decide to machine down a Seattle Slug and paint it black. So...if in question, check guns. Not totally out of the realm of reality given some of the less than sportsmanlike conduct that I've seen.

On a lighter note, I'm glad that this is now legal. Helps reduce the whining.

Rich

For MD's and RO's. Not that I don't trust our shooters, but be advised that I'm sure there will be a couple of folks that decide to machine down a Seattle Slug and paint it black. So...if in question, check guns. Not totally out of the realm of reality given some of the less than sportsmanlike conduct that I've seen.

On a lighter note, I'm glad that this is now legal. Helps reduce the whining.

Rich

Rich.....yeah you're gonna have the guys that do that. Those same type of guys are the ones that load under PF for their division. They are out there in small numbers,but unfortunately they are out there. Integrity is a big part in this sport.

But rules also state the gun can't be 2 ounces over stock weight. Thats why I never understood what the big deal about adding weight was in a production gun. If guns are weighed its a dead give away. Just another step to add to chrono stage.

I for one am glad the flush plug is allowed. I like plugs in all my Glocks. Keeps dirt out of the action and smooths out a bad reload just a bit.

If guns are weighed its a dead give away. Just another step to add to chrono stage.

Yes, our chorono RO's weighed every production gun at Area 6 match. Looks like this division makes all kinds of peculiar questions. Which gun is allowed, which is not; which mag is allowed, which is not; which sights are allowed, which are not. It's crazy!!! (Thank you Bill for correction). :rolleyes:

Skeeters was weighing guns? Really? I didn't know that!

He was.

I asked and he said they were just collecting data. He wrote down the weight of my G17 but I could not see what he wrote and I didn't care enough to ask.

Only Production division guns from what I could see.

They were just putting the figures on a piece of paper in a column. No reference to the competitor each gun belonged to.

Only Production division guns from what I could see.

They were just putting the figures on a piece of paper in a column. No reference to the competitor each gun belonged to.

The point is that you cannot exceed a production wait more than 2 oz. Appendix D-18. They probably could use the data and figure out if you put a tungsten guide rod. But since you all were within the norm, they did not say anything. That's just what I think had happened.