Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Truck

ErikW

I'm driving back from the match in typical stop-and-go traffic, listening to Cygnus X-1 from A Farewell to Kings, when CRASH! Some Cal fratboy in a lifted Jeep smacked the truck behind me, another Tacoma Xtracab TRD, which smacked into me. Then some guy in an old beater Cadillac smacked into the Cal dickwad.

I've been living on borrowed time anyway. I haven't been rear-ended in a few years now. They finally caught up to me. Incompetent morons.

I feel your pain.... Hope you're ok and your truck is too...

I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago in my brand new car. (3 months old) I was at a stop sign waiting to merge and some dumb young girl just plowed into my without even trying to stop. She says "I didn't see you." How can you not I'm a bit 3000 lb. black metal object right in front of you.... RETARD...

Good luck,

Pete

Erik,

Just be soooo thankful you were in a pickup truck and not a itty bitty econo box or worse yet your motorcycle.

Just make sure you don't take it to the same body shop as Tommy. They caught his Volvo on fire!

I agree about the Kalifornicated Morons. On the way to the match this morning I'm running about 90 and this soccer mom in a mini van just will not get out of my way. I had to get within six inches of her back bumper before she would move out of the slow lane. :D

Nolan

Not to be too hard on you, but what the heck are you doing riding someone's bumper at 90 mph? OK, I understand wanting to get by her, but that type of driving is not acceptable, anywhere, California or not.

The Tacoma behind me was undriveable. Lots of front end damage, bleeding red fluid. (Can you crack your front diff, xfer case, or tranny from this kind of collision? Does Toyota use red coolant?) Fratboy's lifted, steel-tube-bumpered Jeep was almost unscathed. The Caddy behind him was toast. He must have hit hard, like 35+.

A few minutes earlier, before traffic totally stopped up, some yahoo was going 80-90 weaving through traffic in an MR2. He almost caused a few multi-vehicle, high-speed, serious-injury collisions.

I don't mind people driving 90mph, but I mind it when they do when the rest of us are going 65-70 and there are but a few car lengths between each vehicle.

You guys shoulda seen the abrasion on the CHP's face. Somebody didn't go peacefully in the previous week, I'd say. I wonder what that somebody's face looks like now.

A few minutes earlier, before traffic totally stopped up, some yahoo was going 80-90 weaving through traffic in an MR2. He almost caused a few multi-vehicle, high-speed, serious-injury collisions.

That's how I got into my one and only accident ever. Some dickhead in a ricewagon swerving in and out of traffic on heavily rainslicked roads in the most dangerous stretch of Interstate highway Oregon has to offer. Dickhead finally sideswiped a car and a six-car pileup ensued.

I couldn't stop in time and ended up being tail-end charlie. It was so slick, my little Subaru hit the truck in front of me and skidded him into an SUV in front him. I didn't hit hard - maybe at 20. My airbag didn't even pop.

I asked the cop if I was going to get a ticket.

"No, you couldn't maintain proper following distance on these roads if you tried. Plus, you just got your car trashed, so you've had enough crap for today."

He pointed down at the road and showed me a nice feature of Oregon highways. They don't use rough gravel as aggregate in Oregon, they use pea gravel and small river rock. It's very smooth and very slick. Once it gets wet, you might as well be driving on marbles.

Now, everytime I see some punk swerving in and out of lanes, I get the urge to take a Louisville Slugger to his head. I may drive fast, but I don't pull that B.S.

Years ago I was talking to a college student who'd done a term paper on the 55 mph speed limit. He went into it figuring his thesis would be "55 Saves Lives." Researched the topic, found out the 55 mph speed limit was not the great lifesaver he'd thought, because in the vast majority of highway fatalities excessive speed was not a factor. The #1 cause of traffic fatalities is (or at least was, about 10 years ago) - and we're talking about 98 percent of the time - following too closely.

Got an estimate today: $3921, not including re-spraying the liner on the tailgate. I didn't notice that the bed was pushed into the cab. Ten days for repair. I'll need a rental car. I hope Cal fratboy has good insurance. I'll bet he's on daddy's policy.

And I was awakened this morning by a nauseating headache. My co-worker thinks I was drain bamaged.

My co-worker thinks I was drain bamaged.

Too late! :P

Your headache is probably from excessive muscle tension from wringing frat boy's imaginary neck, stomping on the non-existent brake pedal and grinding your teeth in your sleep!

• 3 weeks later...

I hate people who drive hoopty POSs and ding your doors. I had a lady get out of her car by kicking the door open into my brand new truck while I was sitting in it. She saw me as she got out and gave me a go to hell look for some reason?????? :huh: Come on people, watch were you swing your doors. You may not like your POS(you know who you are) but I like my new truck and would like to keep it from looking like yours. :angry::angry::angry::angry: